Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nearly 2 months of waiting has finally paid off. Not sure who was more excited my two young sons or me! 75 upgrade was already installed but the badging isn't available yet so I have to go back for that. Autopilot is insane and the car is a dream!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 100
I'm jealous seeing these quick turn around times!

Ordered 5/7, confirmed 5/14, vin 5/15.. and not in production. When I ordered I was told at the gallery that I'd get it in time to take advantage of the $2,000 PA state rebate ending 6/30. When Late June - July came in I let the DS know I was hoping to take advantage and he said "I will do my best to get it here for late June." He let me know it would be entering production "a week or so" on 6/6.

After seeing it lag behind & not enter production I pinged my DS and got what I read as a snippy email saying "June delivery will not be possible". Might ask if I can push delivery back if I'm missing the rebate window anyway. I'll be traveling most of August so might prefer to not have the new car sitting around for a month. Has anyone pushed theirs back close to when production starts? Is that even possible?

Everyone who has said that "once you go into production things move quick",.. Is absolutely correct..
DS Just locked in Saturday June 25th as the pickup date (Tesla North Houston).!!! :cool:
I went into production Monday June 13th. Not bad --12 days from production start to delivery to customer in Houston Tx.
(;) They really want to move allot of cars before the end of the month )
Thanks for the heads up! I'm in the process of scheduling for Friday or Saturday.

Reactions: Mailtrey
Does anyone have any thoughts on how the license plate looks in the front. I feel that the front looks a bit empty without. I had a Maserati and I did not have the plates because it would cover the crown, and that sucks a little, but the plates on the Model S look like it adds a little to the car. I don't particularly like the front plates, now Jersey requires both plates, but I've never gotten into any trouble in the Maserati for not having both... I guess I'll decide when I get mine... It's all a matter of opinion and preference so no ideal answer for this one...

The hatred some people have about the front license plate is kind of a tempest in a teapot, IMO. Here in Washington, it's mandatory, so I didn't even consider removing it. I told my SO about the controversies about the front license plate holder and how some people ripped them off as soon as they got home from delivery and she rolled her eyes.

I think the front license plate holder on the refresh looks more natural than on the original. It looked like a tacked on extra on the original and it looks more integrated now. Though I'm not a huge fan of the new nose.