Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my P90D!
Took delivery at the Factory, things went pretty smooth. Having already owned a model S I did not need to go over the cars features.
Amazing vehicle!

yUUKyuf.jpg

Does anyone have any thoughts on how the license plate looks in the front. I feel that the front looks a bit empty without. I had a Maserati and I did not have the plates because it would cover the crown, and that sucks a little, but the plates on the Model S look like it adds a little to the car. I don't particularly like the front plates, now Jersey requires both plates, but I've never gotten into any trouble in the Maserati for not having both... I guess I'll decide when I get mine... It's all a matter of opinion and preference so no ideal answer for this one...

I echo your thought as well
I'm thinking of adding a European plate in the front to give the dead space some character

Picked up my 70D today at the Factory. Couple of observations:

1) Received the standard swag (mug, pen, umbrella and pin)
2) Wasn't as clean as it should have been
3) Had a small blemish on the glass roof near the driver door front corner and there were rough edges in connecting to the trim. It's not very noticeable so I told them about it but didn't require any action
4) Tow hook was delivered in the frunk and looks to be longer than the older models (there is a hatch on the drivers side front of the car, under the new facade where it connects)
5) Had Goodyear Eagles (19")
6) Had no backseat cup holders
7) DRLs don't seem to be on while driving (I tested it against a reflection on the drive home). I tested with the DC during delivery and it looked like they were on, but it may have been because I had the lights on for two minutes on exit setting on. Software version 2.20.60.

Picked up my P90D today from the Dallas SC. Very straight forward (compared to the same experience 3.5yrs ago where buying a Tesla in Texas was something of a mystery). Same swag as everyone else. Car was inspected (before collection) with the front plate holder, so the SC wouldn't remove it (job for tomorrow). Weird screws holding it on, but this thread indicates careful use with an 11/32 socket will take care of it. Some other initial observations:

- The fitted center console is a bit improvement over the premium center console. Feel's less 'home made', the doors all open and close more gracefully.
- Miss my cup cinchers!
- General fit and finish is much tighter than my 2013 Model S (of course, that's done 43k miles, so things will be a bit looser)
- P90D is a very significant acceleration upgrade from an S85!
- No regrets not getting the UHFS upgrade; will let Reus take care of it when they're next in town. The stock system isn't bad.
- Love the new, darker grey!

collection pic.png

Hbear4 - Awesome news... I do have an office near Paramus, maybe next week I'll stop by to take a peak. My car has been in Transit since Saturday 6/11, delivery estimate is 6/20-6/27 (on Tesla page)... traveling by truck I should not be too far away from picking this sucker up..
I'm really glad to hear that you had a nice experience with your pickup.. Congrats!!!. I'm sure you're right that I'd get a different opinion if I stop by... the forum has definitely been informative and it's really nice to have the support of future Tesla owners... Haven't talked to DS, figured I'd reach out by Wednesday 6/22 if I don't hear anything.
Now did you get to pick up your car within the week of the delivery estimate or afterwards? How long did it take your car through transit?

Congrats and good luck with everything Hbear4!!!
My original estimate was late June early July. Moved up to June 8-15. Arrived at Paramus June 9. Picked up June 14 due to huge number of cars on lot waiting prep for delivery.

Went into production last night at 11:52 Pacific! Ordered 5/23, confirmed 5/29 70d, blue, pano, ap, premium sound, premium tan with black headliner, figured ash. Late June delivery in Fremont.

Similar story here, email came in 8:34 PM Pacific! 90D, blue, pano, AP, next gen grey, premium w/black headline & figured ash. Ordered 5/7, confirmed 5/14. Here's hoping for a quick production & transport to the east coast!

Picked up my P90D today from the Dallas SC. Very straight forward (compared to the same experience 3.5yrs ago where buying a Tesla in Texas was something of a mystery). Same swag as everyone else. Car was inspected (before collection) with the front plate holder, so the SC wouldn't remove it (job for tomorrow). Weird screws holding it on, but this thread indicates careful use with an 11/32 socket will take care of it. Some other initial observations:

- The fitted center console is a bit improvement over the premium center console. Feel's less 'home made', the doors all open and close more gracefully.
- Miss my cup cinchers!
- General fit and finish is much tighter than my 2013 Model S (of course, that's done 43k miles, so things will be a bit looser)
- P90D is a very significant acceleration upgrade from an S85!
- No regrets not getting the UHFS upgrade; will let Reus take care of it when they're next in town. The stock system isn't bad.
- Love the new, darker grey!

View attachment 181348
Congrats what color is that Midnight Silver ?