Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you still waiting for delivery day, I'll share my recent driving experience so you have something to read for 1.2 seconds. I know how you're refreshing TMC hoping for a new post, ANY new post...

I took delivery May 25 for the second time of a new S, because... Autopilot. I had already planned a road trip prior to even picking it up, leaving Tampa June 18 for Lake Wylie, SC, just outside Charlotte, NC. I have friends there, one of which is a car fanatic like me. I couldn't wait to use AP on the highway! And, it was RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING. AP truly did 95% of that entire drive while I relaxed and just watched the road. This was a trip I've made multiple times before in my 60, so having the 90D was a game changer on its own. My 100% charge got me 298 rated miles!

Last night i realized I hadn't yet shown off Summon, and the garage I park in at my friend's house is tight, so they were a little freaked out that I was going to let it come out by itself. It was flawless! As a matter of fact, I decided it's the perfect use of Summon, so I'll be letting it pull out far enough to get in, but then I have to make a tight turn to get all the way out so will take over.

I was still feeling a little sadness for my old Tesla until this road trip. You made me love you, Flying Squirrel. I'm hooked.

Last night i realized I hadn't yet shown off Summon, and the garage I park in at my friend's house is tight, so they were a little freaked out that I was going to let it come out by itself. It was flawless! As a matter of fact, I decided it's the perfect use of Summon, so I'll be letting it pull out far enough to get in, but then I have to make a tight turn to get all the way out so will take over.

I am too freaked to try summon in a tight spot. Are there limitations to how "tight of a spot" you allow it to handle? Only straight in/outs? I suppose it's better than me anyway, but I can't muster the courage. "So you see Mr Insurance man, my car drove itself into the wall, not me". Love your post and flying squirrel!

Last edited:
Reactions: Btrflyl8e
vQ7rdD0.jpg

jkEe37P.jpg

Well worth the wait. the lighting doesnt do it justice, but thats the only ones i got with the bow.

I placed an order for a Model S 70D on 5/6 and had it confirmed on 5/13. My specs:

VIN: 5YJSA1E21GF1438XX
Solid Black Exterior
Pano Roof
19" Silver Slipstream Wheels
Textile Black Seats
Dark Ash Wood Interior
Black Alcantara Headliner
Autopilot
Premium Upgrades
Subzero Package

My DS is saying it should enter production first week of June and arrive in Chicago (Highland Park) around June 20. Starting the countdown...

Delivery estimate updated to June 23 - June 30. A few days ago my DS said the 27th if he had to guess and maybe a couple days earlier.

Was up late last night second-guessing my Black Interior choice...

...and woke up to a beautiful 'Your Model S has entered production' email.

upload_2016-6-21_9-19-18.png

I guess I'm getting black. :)

I feel like the 4 Gray 21" Turbines in shrink wrap in my garage are like the bolt from the Iron Giant. They'll all be together soon!

And by the way my DS (out of Marrietta) and a couple other folks out of there and Decatur have all been awesome so far. Fast and detailed responses. (...though I have only pinged them twice on a couple things, only once looking for a delivery expectation update.)

upload_2016-6-21_9-27-42.png

Reactions: Reekdog
Wish my DS was remotely responsive

Me too.. What is up with that?

It surprises me because it isn't just bad customer service it is actually kind of rude to completely ignore someone. The purchase experience hasn't really been 'fun' at all. Which is no good when you're buying something like this.

Im just glad mine is in production now and I can hopefully move on and not experience the same kind of issues when it comes to service and warranty. :-\

Actually, I'm not even sure it is in production. It changed on my tesla page but no email or response from actual human beings.

Reactions: dnice
Me too.. What is up with that?

It surprises me because it isn't just bad customer service it is actually kind of rude to completely ignore someone. The purchase experience hasn't really been 'fun' at all. Which is no good when you're buying something like this.

Im just glad mine is in production now and I can hopefully move on and not experience the same kind of issues when it comes to service and warranty. :-\

Actually, I'm not even sure it is in production. It changed on my tesla page but no email or response from actual human beings.

I actually find out what my DS is doing from Instagram which is frustrating. Im a new order holder just conformed 10 days ago, i know im still a few weeks out but with this car, they must expect questions and updates, and my questions were real generic like can i still apply a rebate or switch my pickup. Nothing major..

I actually find out what my DS is doing from Instagram which is frustrating. Im a new order holder just conformed 10 days ago, i know im still a few weeks out but with this car, they must expect questions and updates, and my questions were real generic like can i still apply a rebate or switch my pickup. Nothing major..

I agree. I also think they should expect questions since many of us are choosing options we have never actually seen or experienced. Lots of room for improvement in the ordering process.

The US DS's in the last month of a quarter are massively overloaded. They were incredibly busy when I picked up June 6 and the flood was just beginning then. They should have some people who do other things most of the time who can pinch hit as DS during peak loads, but I don't think they do.

Reactions: NikeWings
Delivery estimate updated to June 23 - June 30. A few days ago my DS said the 27th if he had to guess and maybe a couple days earlier.

Delivery appointment now set for Saturday 6/25.

I have to say that I have powered through a great many wait-times in the past 15 years or so. In the early days of internet ordering I was infuriated by receiving post cards after hours that told me my stuff was ready but waiting at the post office to be picked up. Knowing that my stuff was in town and available but behind locked doors was just hard. Really hard.

Things have changed since then, however. The USPS now delivers my Amazon.com orders on Sunday and the folks at the local office are much more willing to humor me while they dig my package out of the mixed bin at 11 AM on Saturday.

That said, the Tesla delivery process has forced me to look deep down within myself and draw from my early days of being OK with random delivery times/updates/etc. It has been a genuine test that I hope to not take part in again any time soon.

But what the hell. I'm gonna have my car in a few days and I hope you all don't hate me for abandoning this thread when that happens. Best of luck to everyone who reads this.

Has anyone taken delivery of a new (refreshed) Silver S? I would love to see some photos of it because Silver is presently my first color choice but it would be great to see some more photos of that color. I searched the 606 pages in this thread and didn't see photos of a Silver refreshed S. I even went to the service center where there were lots of new Model S being prepped for delivery, but none in Silver. It seems that Midnight Silver is the new Silver from reading through this thread ;)