Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, here we are - all the wait is over!

Amazing experience at the factory delivery center. But here's a caution: Make sure you go over all the details of what the car is supposed to have. Mine came WITHOUT the high power charging option. The only way to find out at delivery is to go through all the controls and check that everything works, and I mean EVERYTHING. Tried to increase the charging current setting and it stopped at 48A. Back we went to check the purchase agreement, and yes, the first option checked (at $ 1500) was the high power charging option. Anyway, long story short, they will install at a service center at the next possible opportunity and make good on it. Everything else was just great.

Thanks everyone for all the useful tips and hints along the way, I'll probably post a little less now that the car is here. Friday it goes to the detailer for Xpel and CQuartz finest...

So just got a call from a nice lady at the location where i'm picking up my car. She wanted to go over everything and she said it looks like everything is going smooth and your car should be able to be delivered on 6/30 !!! WHOO HOOOO !!! my BDAY is 7/2 so this is great. I asked her was it in production yet, because i haven't seen an email. She said no, it should go in tomorrow. ! Made an appt for 11am on 6/30 !

Ordered 6/9 and confirmed the new 60D on June 10. Car is still in production Queue with a late July-Early August delivery date. Did have my charger installed this morning. Will post as I get updates. Anyone know since it is the 60D if I will be expected to wait longer than if I were ordering a 90?
So just got a call from a nice lady at the location where i'm picking up my car. She wanted to go over everything and she said it looks like everything is going smooth and your car should be able to be delivered on 6/30 !!! WHOO HOOOO !!! my BDAY is 7/2 so this is great. I asked her was it in production yet, because i haven't seen an email. She said no, it should go in tomorrow. ! Made an appt for 11am on 6/30 !
What's your VIN?

Where you picking it up?

Well, here we are - all the wait is over!

Amazing experience at the factory delivery center. But here's a caution: Make sure you go over all the details of what the car is supposed to have. Mine came WITHOUT the high power charging option...

Mine was delivered the same way. I didn't notice during delivery and was kicking myself that I hadn't noticed. But the beauty of the fix is that it was done remotely and the download took only about 30 minutes! Voila! Upgraded charging!

Congrats Eschummer!

• Informative
Reactions: Mailtrey
So I am now about 26 hours away for getting my Model S. Thank the gods I have a big meeting this afternoon, or I would be going crazy with anticipation. Didn't sleep much last night (and I don't expect to much tonight).
Thank goodness I took tomorrow off to pick it up :)

And I know my wife will be happy too... For one, she loves the car, and also she can't wait for me to quit talking about it all the time :)

Reflecting back It's been a long journey, from the first interest and desire, over a year of research, switching reservations from an X to an S, the design options & decisions, the ordering, and the waaaaaait, and it's just about here.

I'd just love to know how many times I went to refresh the website - it would humorus almost to the point of pathetic :)