Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got update today that car is in transit with delivery date 15-22 Dec !!! Still have not received any info from DS. I contacted DS via email 2 weeks after I confirmed got a response in 2 days. DS said he or she ?? would keep me informed, no contact since ??
Think I will get a job as DS after car is delivered, must be a laid back position for some.

That is crazy expensive! I'm having my service upgraded to accommodate a new 100A breaker and 90A service to the HPWC. My breaker box has to be replaced, a new service line dropped from the pole to my house, about 30 feet of cable run from the box to where I want the HPWC installed, and all city permits and inspections. All in it's $2k and is being performed by the Tesla recommended electrician for my area. If he'd told me $10.5K, I would've just done the work myself and paid to have it inspected.
Wow, that's a really good price. I obtained 2 quotes from electricians (not recommended by Tesla) to upgrade my 100A panel to a 200A service panel, and then add in a 60A circuit and run cable about 20ft to where the Wall Connector is being installed. They needed to add a 60A disconnect by the wall connector because it was not in the line of sight. The 100A service panel was mounted on the outside of the house and the new 200A panel was put into the wall.

All in, I paid $2,425, and it was pretty close to the other bid, but the other electrician's quote did not involve putting the panel in the wall, which is more work. Bear in mind that I only have (4) 20A circuits and (1) 60A circuit, so the materials were not that expensive.

As a point of reference, I considered having cable put in that beefier and would accommodate a 100A circuit if I ever decided to go that route, and the cost difference would have been $150. I didn't do it, however, because my car on order only has a single charger and I don't anticipate buying a new Tesla for 6+ years.

Mine went into production today as well according to the site - but I didn't get an email...... wondering what are they telling you for a delivery date
I have an appointment scheduled on 12/20 to pick up the car in Costa Mesa, but I think that's just tentative because they don't actually know when the car will finish up (and be shipped). I would imagine our cars will be delivered together.

That is crazy expensive! I'm having my service upgraded to accommodate a new 100A breaker and 90A service to the HPWC. My breaker box has to be replaced, a new service line dropped from the pole to my house, about 30 feet of cable run from the box to where I want the HPWC installed, and all city permits and inspections. All in it's $2k and is being performed by the Tesla recommended electrician for my area. If he'd told me $10.5K, I would've just done the work myself and paid to have it inspected.

I just had my 400A main panel replaced with a dual-meter 400A panel (CA PG&E EV-B) feeding 2x new 200A panels (one for house, one dedicated for vehicle charging) and 100A fused disconnect switch and wall connector installed. This is to allow lowest charging cost for vehicle charging (timed rate) and non-timed rate (whenever/whatever) for everything else. Note that the 2nd EV meter isn't plugged in yet; waiting. Cost just under $8K. Stucco and sheet rock not included. Not painted yet. Car has the high current charger.

Attachments

• IMG_9232.JPG
    IMG_9232.JPG
    280.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_9180.JPG
    IMG_9180.JPG
    564.2 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: Doubletap67
I have an appointment scheduled on 12/20 to pick up the car in Costa Mesa, but I think that's just tentative because they don't actually know when the car will finish up (and be shipped). I would imagine our cars will be delivered together.
Yeah we are probably on the same truck. They told me week of 12/18 at first - but then they revised to 12/25.... which they don't do deliveries on... so we will see!

Got update today that car is in transit with delivery date 15-22 Dec !!! Still have not received any info from DS. I contacted DS via email 2 weeks after I confirmed got a response in 2 days. DS said he or she ?? would keep me informed, no contact since ??
Think I will get a job as DS after car is delivered, must be a laid back position for some.

If your DS has never contacted you how did you find out about the delivery dates?