Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good news! Not "great" news but at least it's good.:D I get my car on Friday at 1:00. I was hoping it would get here sooner but my visiting out of town family DOES get to go for their rides! "And All Will Be Right With The World!" Ordered 10/31/2016. Started production 12/14/2016. Ended production 12/18/2016. Delivery 12/23/2016 in Costa Mesa, CA. Yee Haw! :D

Congrats. I picked mine up this morning in Costa Mesa.

Good news! Not "great" news but at least it's good.:D I get my car on Friday at 1:00. I was hoping it would get here sooner but my visiting out of town family DOES get to go for their rides! "And All Will Be Right With The World!" Ordered 10/31/2016. Started production 12/14/2016. Ended production 12/18/2016. Delivery 12/23/2016 in Costa Mesa, CA. Yee Haw! :D

Awesome! Congratulations!

I did! :D Was an awesome experience, waited 5 years to experience getting my first Tesla!
Sorry, haven't been back to the website since I have been out driving and having fun with it since delivery! Driving it over the pure iced roads and the inches of metal corroding, paint scratching salt all over the lovely Minnesotan roads! :'(
But I did get it and love it!
Nice!!

Reactions: Holmes
Picked up yesterday. Sent email to DS prior to pick up and told her I was very fussy and would need plenty of time for inspection. She said she would contact service and have them go over the car closely. I guess they did all was very nice.
Although I did not get to drive it, got stuck with the Prius !!

Last night got the front plate holder off, looks much better.

Attachments

• IMG_0799.jpg
    IMG_0799.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 80
Picked up yesterday. Sent email to DS prior to pick up and told her I was very fussy and would need plenty of time for inspection. She said she would contact service and have them go over the car closely. I guess they did all was very nice.
Although I did not get to drive it, got stuck with the Prius !!

Last night got the front plate holder off, looks much better.

Looks great!

When I checked this morning at 3:30a PST my car was officially in transport. My DS wants to deliver on Monday but had promised last night if it was in transport by this morning I could have it on Saturday. I am 100% insisting that he keep to that timeline, since Monday is a snarl of overlapping work schedules for me and my husband, and I'd really like him to be there.

When I checked this morning at 3:30a PST my car was officially in transport. My DS wants to deliver on Monday but had promised last night if it was in transport by this morning I could have it on Saturday. I am 100% insisting that he keep to that timeline, since Monday is a snarl of overlapping work schedules for me and my husband, and I'd really like him to be there.

Congrats! I was originally scheduled to pick up the car on Monday, but I called them and rescheduled to Saturday. You will probably get the car before Saturday if it's really in transit today or tomorrow.

Congrats! I was originally scheduled to pick up the car on Monday, but I called them and rescheduled to Saturday. You will probably get the car before Saturday if it's really in transit today or tomorrow.
True enough! We're scheduled for delivery this Saturday @ 4pm.

Backtracking just a bit, @kg7jo-, I bought the front license plate removal tool a while back but I really appreciate your offer to lend yours out! How hard was it to get the glue off?

Backtracking just a bit, @kg7jo-, I bought the front license plate removal tool a while back but I really appreciate your offer to lend yours out! How hard was it to get the glue off?
Watched a video on it

Seems pretty easy. Id use a dremel and just make a notch which will allow you to use a flat head to unscrew.

After doing some more research: I think we are all better off buying the $10 tool. Plus its a handy tool to have!
Definitive S Refresh Front Plate Bracket Removal

Tool needed TEKTON 34233 7-Inch 90-Degree Bent Long Nose Pliers - - Amazon.com

Looking more into the thread: It seems newer deliveries may not even have the security screws!

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: MS_Dream

Pretty easy. I used a hair dryer, starting at a corner, and slowly pop it out a liitle bit so you can stick your finger between, and slowly move on to the other side. I used my phone as a flashlight and a mirror to see where the screws are. took about 5 min to get it off.

Reactions: nuixy
Just called my DS.
I'm scheduled to take Delivery on Wednesday Dec 21.

:D

Edit: (sorry)
Ordered 11/16
Confirmed 11/19
Start Production 12/5
Finish 12/12
Delivery by truck.
I will take delivery 12/21

@JRMW I was at the Tesla Store today, and one of these is probably yours! Not quite sure what your config was.

Attachments

• IMG_20161220_085622.jpg
    IMG_20161220_085622.jpg
    579.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20161220_085625.jpg
    IMG_20161220_085625.jpg
    629.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20161220_085634.jpg
    IMG_20161220_085634.jpg
    553.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20161220_085727.jpg
    IMG_20161220_085727.jpg