Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect that there is a stork truck with sextuplets (or whatever) heading down to San Diego, depositing its young ones along the way at the appropriate delivery centers. If so they must all have been delivered already since I got my 'in transit' notice since Thursday and it doesn't take that long to drive from Fremont to SD. So they must be in the perp stage for pickup at this time. I'm expecting a call from my DS tomorrow.

So get your check books out!!

Oh, it's been out. I'm ready to hurl the entire book at my DES when I my gorgeous baby in blue shows up in the nursery, I mean, the showroom.

Reactions: IV Leaguer
Finally scheduled for Delivery this Wednesday 3/15 @Fremont! Except, we're going to have to wait for a couple more days, because we'll be dropping the car directly the detail shop to install the full front PPF. We'll be waiting for everyone's update about their new "baby" on the Model S delivery story thread..

Yay!!! Congratulations in advance! Post pictures after all the work is done. By the way, what is PPF? Haven’t seen any movement on my vehicle yet but I’m already doing housekeeping items like scheduling an electrician visit, finalising the solar power installation, joining our local Tesla owner Facebook group, and talking to my auto detail supplier about the best products and treatments for a brand new car. But there can’t be any feeling like seeing that your car is actually on its way to you.

Enjoy your new ride, even though you’ll have to part with it for just a few more days.

Reactions: chibi_kurochan
Got our quote over the weekend from Carmax (interesting business model they have there--pretty much hassle free and no pressure like Tesla sales). Their quote ended up being a decent amount more than the one we got online from Tesla's site, with Carmax doing a physical inspection as to the condition. We had been told that Tesla will match their quote so we're confirming that now so we're all set when it comes to the paperwork. Carmax's quote is good for 7 days I believe they said. Here in the Bay area they are just up 880 from the Fremont factory. We were told they were opening another Bay area location in San Jose (Capitol Expressway area in June). They have locations across the United States. If you sell your car to them, they take care of all the title transfer etc right there so no trips to the DMV to make sure title gets transferred and the next owner doesn't rack up vehicle tickets under you. Believe you also walk out with a check.

If you are contemplating getting a quote on your car, Carmax said they generally come in the range of estimates given by Kelly Blue Book. And the salesman even ran it for us and it was in that ball park. Here's the Kelly Blue Book site if you're looking for a quote on your possible trade-in. Kelley Blue Book - New and Used Car Price Values, Expert Car Reviews BTW they won't consider cars that have had any structural damage (our other car had been rear ended and we had welding, so I know not to bother taking that one going there). Cars either go on to be Certified by them or sold at auction.

Looking forward to Friday. St. Pat's day too. Hope the luck of the Irish is with us. Still need to come up with a name for our car.

Got our quote over the weekend from Carmax (interesting business model they have there--pretty much hassle free and no pressure like Tesla sales). Their quote ended up being a decent amount more than the one we got online from Tesla's site, with Carmax doing a physical inspection as to the condition. We had been told that Tesla will match their quote so we're confirming that now so we're all set when it comes to the paperwork. Carmax's quote is good for 7 days I believe they said. Here in the Bay area they are just up 880 from the Fremont factory. We were told they were opening another Bay area location in San Jose (Capitol Expressway area in June). They have locations across the United States. If you sell your car to them, they take care of all the title transfer etc right there so no trips to the DMV to make sure title gets transferred and the next owner doesn't rack up vehicle tickets under you. Believe you also walk out with a check.

If you are contemplating getting a quote on your car, Carmax said they generally come in the range of estimates given by Kelly Blue Book. And the salesman even ran it for us and it was in that ball park. Here's the Kelly Blue Book site if you're looking for a quote on your possible trade-in. Kelley Blue Book - New and Used Car Price Values, Expert Car Reviews BTW they won't consider cars that have had any structural damage (our other car had been rear ended and we had welding, so I know not to bother taking that one going there). Cars either go on to be Certified by them or sold at auction.

Looking forward to Friday. St. Pat's day too. Hope the luck of the Irish is with us. Still need to come up with a name for our car.
Here's a couple other options for trade-ins:
Buy Used Cars | Used Cars For Sale
Beepi | See you soon!

Yay!!! Congratulations in advance! Post pictures after all the work is done. By the way, what is PPF? Haven’t seen any movement on my vehicle yet but I’m already doing housekeeping items like scheduling an electrician visit, finalising the solar power installation, joining our local Tesla owner Facebook group, and talking to my auto detail supplier about the best products and treatments for a brand new car. But there can’t be any feeling like seeing that your car is actually on its way to you.

Enjoy your new ride, even though you’ll have to part with it for just a few more days.
Thanks! will definitely post pictures later.
PPF - Paint protection film.

Reactions: avesraggiana

I'm getting my Carmax quite tomorrow. My DS called me today and I am scheduled to take delivery of my new baby on Friday! I will update the forum with my thoughts following the delivery on the process and overall quality of the car. Feedback will be focused on the San Diego SC.

Dyson is my DS. He's been very responsive and thorough in his emails to me. I've been very happy with his support thus far.

Mine is Jackie Pape who has been completely communicative and informative. My first contact with our Tesla Showroom at Fashion Valley was Owner Adviser, Cristi Alvarez, who has remained engaged in the process, even until now. Both ladies have been thoroughly wonderful and a real delight to work with.

Reactions: LED_FT
@chibi_kurochan Please share your Fremont pickup experience & tips with us after you pick your baby! I hope the factory pickup experience won't be as bad as what others had reported ...

Also, do you mind sharing where you're getting the PPF? We're in the area as well, and are debating whether to get any paint protection.

Finally scheduled for Delivery this Wednesday 3/15 @Fremont! Except, we're going to have to wait for a couple more days, because we'll be dropping the car directly the detail shop to install the full front PPF. We'll be waiting for everyone's update about their new "baby" on the Model S delivery story thread..

@chibi_kurochan Please share your Fremont pickup experience & tips with us after you pick your baby! I hope the factory pickup experience won't be as bad as what others had reported ...

Also, do you mind sharing where you're getting the PPF? We're in the area as well, and are debating whether to get any paint protection.
Will definitely do! I've been made utterly anxious about picking up @ Fremont from reading too much stuff on the forum. My DS did contact QC dept. and told them to do a second QC, not sure how much they actually check. Car is getting prep'ed/detailed for delivery now. Fingers crossed!

Have not decided between XPEL and Suntek PPF, per installers recommendation, he told me to decide when I drop off the car and see the difference between the two films myself. We're taking it to Supreme Detailworks. The owner was very helpful giving me all the information needed over the phone. After asking for quotes from multiple shops, this was the only place who called me straight away and gave me more information than what I asked for. So we shall see!

• Helpful
Reactions: tiggerlily
Thought I'd mention that Joe/OCDetailing is located now in Fremont just a bit north of Tesla. Read many good things about his work from when he had his shop up in Walnut Creek. We're picking up our car on the Peninsula and didn't want to drive far and risk road damage to the paint and so made arrangements with SSCustoms who came highly recommended to us. Shariff spent a good deal of time with us explaining the process and answering our questions. The threads here on wrap helped us know what to ask about. We went for a full body custom Xpel wrap. It's hard not taking her straight home but think we'd regret it if we didn't what with all the potholes and construction on and around the roads here. Too much flying debris.