Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2102 vs 2013

It doesn't really matter because they are not changing the model or features. I asked that question a few months ago and they said they are not your "traditional" car company where they will be coming out with model years. So you are safe either way!

Thank you for the response. I was told the same thing and I guess that is fine. I am not sure if when I sell it KBB, NADA, buyers will think a 2013 is worth more than a 2012. Look forward to comparing our cars at Terps games!:biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -
You do appear to be Terp#1 and I guess I may be #3 behind UMD86

- - - Updated - - -

Make that three of us. Does that make me the first Terp Alum to take a delivery? (8 Dec 2012)?[/QUOTE]

My roadster has been in the shop 24 times in the 22 months I've owned it. People ask me why I'm still such a big Tesla fan. As of today, I don't know the answer. Today's the first day that I'm really not one. It's been unacceptably difficult to get a straight answer from this company with which I am trying to increase my total spending to nearly a quarter million bucks.

Agree that's totally unacceptable, seems they still need to work on communication issues.

Took delivery Tuesday but have been waiting on good weather to post. It looks and drives like a dream!
IMG_3815-s.jpg
IMG_3817-s.jpg
IMG_3818-s.jpg
IMG_3819-s.jpg
IMG_3820-s.jpg

I just got a call from my truck driver. They are currently in Dallas Tx, and now headed my way, West Chester, Pa.
They expect to be here after lunch Saturday. Wow, 2 days to Eastern Pa from Dallas!
I'm P1117, VIN 1850. Blue perf. with Tan interior, 21" grey wheels. She said after stopping here she has one more delivery for Boston Ma.
ModelS1079, I asked if it was also Blue with Tan Interior, VIN 1845.
She said it looks Green to her. So if you're in the Boston area and expecting a Green S soon, looks like it's in Dallas right now and should be in Boston late Sat. or early Sunday morning.

Took delivery Tuesday but have been waiting on good weather to post. It looks and drives like a dream!
View attachment 12853View attachment 12854View attachment 12855View attachment 12856View attachment 12857

That's a beauty - congratulations!

I just picked mine up from the Seattle service center yesterday - what an amazing car.

I was wondering, did yourscome with the latest firmware update? Mine didn't, and I noticed the car in the speedometer section of your readout is color coded to your car's paint. On mine, it's just a signature red model that is pictured. I'm just curious if this is one of the updates with the V4 release?

Thanks, and enjoy!

Eh coach (@timdoorr), put me on the spreadsheet, I'm ready to play...

VIN S02001, Canada Signature Special #2, a Signature Red, Performance, Tan Performance/Obeche Matte, Pano-roofed beauty named Ruby, has her appointment to come home!

9AM, December 20, at the new (not quite open) Tesla Vancouver Service Centre, in a Delivery Event.

It has been over 3 1/2 years, and boy am I ready!

Here she is on the lot in Fremont, among her Canadian Sisters:

Ruby in Fremont.jpg

Last edited:
CONGRATS VGER!!

Q: You live in Canada and you bought the 21"? I live in NJ and can't decide if I want to risk the money on the 21" or go with 19"

Eh coach (@timdoorr), put in on the spreadsheet, I'm ready to play...

VIN S02001, Canada Signature Special #2, a Signature Red, Performance, Tan Performance/Obeche Matte, Pano-roofed beauty named Ruby, has her appointment to come home!

9AM, December 20, at the new (not quite open) Tesla Vancouver Service Centre, in a Delivery Event.

It has been over 3 1/2 years, and boy am I ready!

Here she is on the lot in Fremont, among her Canadian Sisters:

View attachment 12882

Thank you for the response. I was told the same thing and I guess that is fine. I am not sure if when I sell it KBB, NADA, buyers will think a 2013 is worth more than a 2012. Look forward to comparing our cars at Terps games!:biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -
You do appear to be Terp#1 and I guess I may be #3 behind UMD86

- - - Updated - - -

Make that three of us. Does that make me the first Terp Alum to take a delivery? (8 Dec 2012)?
[/QUOTE]

OT: Can you believe we lost 8 Varsity Programs (5M/3W)? Athletic Dept. made a wrong bet. That's why they jumped to the Big 10. Gonna miss the ACC.

R113 is home after factory pick up today. Heavy traffic on ride home can test ones patience when you want to open it up. Due bill includes 21 Perf Wheels and parcel shelf. I think I am going to have some fun with the 19s in the meantime. Nice to have wheels to practice parking on ;)

Roh oh... looks like they are have some supply issues again with the grey performance wheels... You can also practice some burn outs :)