Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN 1536 is delivered! Reservation sequence 1635; 85kWh non-performance, green, tan, lacewood, 19" wheels, everything else but the parcel shelf and jump seats. She's charging up (only 9 miles of range when she was unloaded). KNOCK DEAD gorgeous color -- exactly what I wanted (no, I hadn't seen a green Model S until now).

My DS, Andrew Clark, was great. Thanks, Andrew!

Congrats, Robert!! Whither pics?!

VIN 1536 is delivered! Reservation sequence 1635; 85kWh non-performance, green, tan, lacewood, 19" wheels, everything else but the parcel shelf and jump seats. She's charging up (only 9 miles of range when she was unloaded). KNOCK DEAD gorgeous color -- exactly what I wanted (no, I hadn't seen a green Model S until now).

That's awesome. I've got a green on order, and cannot wait to see it in person. Only seen photos online and chips samples from the Tesla Store. Sucks about the 9 miles of range, though!

So, Cdn Sig 111 has just got VIN 5YJSA1DP4CFS02073 confirmed, eh. Delivery most likely at the new Vancouver Tesla service center, sometime Dec 20 or 21. Still a question mark hanging over the snow tires, but hey, does a Vancouver snow-weeny really need them anyway?

Getting very close to buying my last tank of gas. Sorry American friends, but I'll now have far less reason to duck across the border to visit. Oh yeah, I guess there still are all those Amazon packages that need picking up. I wonder if Border Services would notice if I still said I was "ducking across for gas"...

Sounds awesome. Charge it up and start driving around Faneuil Hall Marketplace so I can tell my dad to take a picture of it for me. My car will be the same, but with paint armor swapped for the parcel shelf!

Just got my VIN today! P#3072 - VIN 5YJSA1CP1CFP01995, (85kWh performance, pearl white, black interior, carbon fiber accent, 21" perf wheels, tech & studio sound packages) DS said that car just got into the "burn-in" stage and would take around 7 days to go through that, seems like more time than others have heard, then 4 days on a truck to Texas! Hope it makes it before christmas!

Pictures of my delivery at the John Hancock Tower. I'll take her out tomorrow when she's got a full charge. Sunny and cold tomorrow, perfect for some quality pictures and some real driving. On the short drive home, I was being stalked by a guy in an Infiniti, and had a great conversation with a guy in a MB S, stopped next to me at a long light.

P.S.: only thing on my due bill is the front license bracket.

Just got my VIN today! P#3072 - VIN 5YJSA1CP1CFP01995, (85kWh performance, pearl white, black interior, carbon fiber accent, 21" perf wheels, tech & studio sound packages) DS said that car just got into the "burn-in" stage and would take around 7 days to go through that, seems like more time than others have heard, then 4 days on a truck to Texas! Hope it makes it before christmas!

Maybe - Richard left on a Wednesday from Cali and I got it at 7:30am on Saturday ... granted I was the first to be offloaded. May happen.

Pictures of my delivery at the John Hancock Tower. I'll take her out tomorrow when she's got a full charge. Sunny and cold tomorrow, perfect for some quality pictures and some real driving. On the short drive home, I was being stalked by a guy in an Infiniti, and had a great conversation with a guy in a MB S, stopped next to me at a long light.

P.S.: only thing on my due bill is the front license bracket.

Now that is a due bill item list I would trade for ...

Just drove the 90 miles from picking up my P2159 VIN 1628 grey, pano, studio, tech in Seattle.

First impressions:

Best car I have ever driven (I've owned some nice ones)
Non-perf is plenty fast for me. The performance may actually be too scary in the wet
The user interaction, both steering wheel and touchscreen are incredibly intuitive
Really solidly built car - feels like it rides on (silent) rails.

Also, it didn't come with the latest firmware update - should have it this week. I'm actually glad, so I get to see the difference between the older systems and new.

Bottom line, for those of you expecting your car soon - it's well worth the wait!

Awesome, congratulations. Glad you are happy with colour :cool:

Surprised at this. Didn't your car come with the latest v4.0 software with sleep mode?
No; my car shipped out just before the 4.0 release, so the car was "leaking" about 10 miles/day for the last 12 days while in transit. Perhaps the Fremont prepping staff are assuming that most car deliveries will pass through a Service Center first, where they can be detailed and fully charged. I'm sure there was no joyriding; as you can see in my pics and others', the cars are shipped in a white sheath that would be tricky to drive in and impossible to reapply neatly.