Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok Mods - Y'all can grab some bench - Pac Blue has arrived! P367 VIN 1291 was picked up at the TSC today 12-13-12. She's a beauty! Let's see if I can figure out how to get some pics from my phone. This is my wife smiling for the camera. Lighting was tough to see, but in reality she's a nice shiny blue.

IMAG0166.jpg

KNOCK DEAD gorgeous color -- exactly what I wanted (no, I hadn't seen a green Model S until now).

Amazing, and very glad to hear about the green. I'm in the same situation.
I'm hoping for my DS to call me tomorrow to set up my delivery for next week!

- - - Updated - - -

Got my final paperwork tonight. VIN 2205. Grey P85, grey 21" wheels, carbon, pano, tech, sound, twin chargers. I'm in the "climbing the walls" stage waiting for funds to transfer and the loan to be finalized. Get that bad boy on a truck asap!

Curious about the batching. I am still looking for this final paperwork, but I have a VIN, 1924... still no contact from a DS. Delivery window was 12-26 Dec. Should I be worried?

CONGRATS VGER!!

Q: You live in Canada and you bought the 21"? I live in NJ and can't decide if I want to risk the money on the 21" or go with 19"

I could not countenance buying the performance version and not having the high performance tires on the 21s for summer. I will not get to use them until at least April, but so be it. We do get snow here, but only occasionally and briefly, but our driveway is 200 m long and a 17% grade, so not having winter tires is not an option. And we drive over the mountain passes all the time, and up there, it is real winter.

Oh, and it is a Signature, so the 21s were "free."

- - - Updated - - -

Vger - I envied your roadster parked in Ganges on Salt Spring in 2010, and it pushed me over the edge to finally commit to a Model S, which I'm also expecting in the next couple of weeks. I have family there, so hope to see Ruby ripping around the next time we visit. Congrats!

Cool! I am glad I can count you as a convert! If you see us next summer, introduce yourselves!

Curious about the batching. I am still looking for this final paperwork, but I have a VIN, 1924... still no contact from a DS. Delivery window was 12-26 Dec. Should I be worried?

I am Dec. 7-21, I have a VIN, have signed final paperwork, and have received initial contact from my DS (but no scheduling for delivery yet). I wouldn't necessarily be concerned yet, but I'd call on Monday or Tuesday if you still haven't heard anything.

I am Dec. 7-21, I have a VIN, have signed final paperwork, and have received initial contact from my DS (but no scheduling for delivery yet). I wouldn't necessarily be concerned yet, but I'd call on Monday or Tuesday if you still haven't heard anything.

Did you wire or mail the payment in full to Tesla? That's the last checkmark in my list before the DS can load the car on the truck for delivery. Waiting for funds to clear and checks to arrive is driving me mad.

That's a beauty - congratulations!

I just picked mine up from the Seattle service center yesterday - what an amazing car.

I was wondering, did yourscome with the latest firmware update? Mine didn't, and I noticed the car in the speedometer section of your readout is color coded to your car's paint. On mine, it's just a signature red model that is pictured. I'm just curious if this is one of the updates with the V4 release?

Thanks, and enjoy!

Canary: Mine didnt have the latest firmware.. .Still waiting for it to come in. Also, the correct car shows up on mine but it says P85, which is performance... Mine is not.

Did you wire or mail the payment in full to Tesla? That's the last checkmark in my list before the DS can load the car on the truck for delivery. Waiting for funds to clear and checks to arrive is driving me mad.

Just got the call 2 hours ago from my TS regarding payment. In Virginia, my option would be to either pay by check on delivery, wire the funds, or send payment via FedEx. But since they are delivering directly to my home, I can only either wire funds or send payment via FedEx. So I'll wire funds on Monday.

DS said that a delay in wiring the funds would not delay departure of the truck--so no fears that they're holding the car in Fremont waiting for the wire transfer to clear.