Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MS75D confirmed 10/27 DS said last week car scheduled for delivery by 12/1 Rocklin, CA so pretty much just over 2 months which seems to be the norm - takes a while longer at the beginning of a quarter and slightly less to close a quarter. I figure I will get my car right around Thanksgiving

I confirmed on a 75D on 10/10 and have delivery in December- early January. What color did you get? I am picking up in Fremont but would pick up in Rocklin if it means I would get the car earlier.

I confirmed on a 75D on 10/10 and have delivery in December- early January. What color did you get? I am picking up in Fremont but would pick up in Rocklin if it means I would get the car earlier.
My order confirmed 9/27 MS 75D in metallic blk- upgraded interior (blk) they are saying delivery by 12/1 DS called yesterday and offered to have car ship directly from Fremont to my house- I am paying cash and they want me to pay sooner. I told her I prefer to pickup in Rocklin as then I can confirm everything is in good order- I live 3 miles from Rocklin Tesla. I am pretty sure the actual date I will get the car is the 22nd-24th my DS pads by a week. I would expect my production to start very soon- I heard from Tesla Fremont employee that the model 3 is slowing down the MS and MX.

Ordered Oct 9 in Chicago IL. Order confirmed Oct 12. VIN assigned Oct 27 (I believe). Original delivery date was simply "December." Sometime after placing the order, my time frame for delivery shifter from December to December early January 2018 (even though the configurator still indicated December). Around Oct 25, my delivery date shifted to January early February 2018, which was concerning. I reached out to my DS to ask, and he was on vacation. My salesman told me not to worry. I've heard the same thing many of you have... They like to under promise and over deliver. We shall see, I suppose. Anyway, emailed my DS again earlier today, and now he is out training. I'll let you know what I end up hearing back from him when he returns.

I will echo the sentiments of others that indicated this wait is agonizing. I've been following the company for years, always planned to buy one. Even waited in line to reserve a model 3, which I still plan to buy... But this past month has been worse than all of that. Something about finally pulling the trigger that makes the wait that much more difficult. The fluctuating delivery dates are annoying. I have a sneaking suspicion that my car will arrive well before the holidays, but with the tax credit potentially on the chopping block, and resources being diverted to the model 3 bottlenecks, I'm less confident about the arrival date than I was when I ordered it.

I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end.

Got a call from my DS. Production expected last week in Nov or first week in Dec. Soft delivery date set for Dec 20.

Reactions: Gt1948
My order confirmed 9/27 MS 75D in metallic blk- upgraded interior (blk) they are saying delivery by 12/1 DS called yesterday and offered to have car ship directly from Fremont to my house- I am paying cash and they want me to pay sooner. I told her I prefer to pickup in Rocklin as then I can confirm everything is in good order- I live 3 miles from Rocklin Tesla. I am pretty sure the actual date I will get the car is the 22nd-24th my DS pads by a week. I would expect my production to start very soon- I heard from Tesla Fremont employee that the model 3 is slowing down the MS and MX.

It was confirmed during 3rd quarter earnings call that the 3rd shift Model X/S crew was being shifted to the model 3 and there would be a reduction in S/X production from 2k/wk to 1800/week combined

Cheesy23 looks like you and I ordered our cars on the same date and location. Did you get a call from Tesla asking if you wanted the car delivered to your home to ensure a 2017 delivery?
I haven't gotten any calls, but I've been in touch with my DS via email constantly over the last week. She originally said that even if I wouldn't take delivery before the end of December, the car would definitely be finished production and I could finish the paperwork to accept ownership. On Wednesday, I saw the timeline on the "My Tesla" account change from January-early February to December-early January. When I emailed the DS about this timeline change, she said that according to the information available to her, delivery should take place around December 21st.
According to most people's experience, the "My Tesla" information is not as accurate as the information given by the DS. Hopefully that holds true in our cases as well.
I would suggest that you try reaching out to your designated DS for more accurate information. Good luck, and keep me posted if you hear anything new.

Reactions: jmnieves
Ordered an inventory "show room" model on 11/4, confirmed payment and order from Tesla the same day but my OA told me that its still in the factory / not off the line despite being almost "completed".

He thinks there is a very high likelihood that it'll come off the line and get to delivery by Thanksgiving in Fremont. Crossing my fingers but wonder if there is some sort of "freeze" on these inventory cars.

Ordered MS 75D on 10/31/17 and confirmed on 11/3/17.
My DS just emailed me that my car is scheduled to be finished production the week of December 4th. Delivery is tentatively scheduled sometime around 12/21/17 but that depends on the actual production timeline and transportation.

Ordered MS 75D on 10/31/17 and confirmed on 11/3/17.
My DS just emailed me that my car is scheduled to be finished production the week of December 4th. Delivery is tentatively scheduled sometime around 12/21/17 but that depends on the actual production timeline and transportation.

Lucky you! I've not heard anything back yet but hoping for something today. I got mine confirmed on 5th so maybe it will end up in same batch. Did she mentioned how it will get transported from CA to NJ? You've also mentioned about taking ownership on paper before delivery, would that suffice tax credit requirements?

Sorry if I missed it, what options did you get?
I ordered blue with cream/carbon and PUP, everything else standard.My VIN is 2319xx

Do you know when you went into production?
The DS said that she won't be able to see when they begin production, only when it finishes.
From what I've read, production times are usually only a few days long from start to finish. If that is consistently the case, I wouldn't expect my car to start production until late November / early December. If you find out anything else or are given different information, please keep me posted.