Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: SLC Gallery Advisor, Jordan (who has been great to work with) did get back to me this morning. My assigned DS is apparently still in the witness protection program but he copied a different DS. S100D is now in production, scheduled for completion 2nd week of March, shipment/delivery date specifics TBD. I agree with the comments above that there seems to be an odd randomness to some of this. Looks like about 13-weeks to get 650 miles from factory to Boise. (I’m now considering a factory pick-up.)

Ordered: 12/26
Confirmed: 12/29
VIN: 1/10
Production completion OOA: 3/16
Delivery (est.): 3/27
TOTAL TAT: 13-weeks

Reactions: CBPfromTN
So...change of subject (again) How long did you have your Volt and how long was it before you decided on a Tesla? Not sure if you still have it but can you tell me about it? Thx!

I got the Volt back in 2013, had it 5 years now. Lifetime I have 485 MPG tooling around town, but not on road trips. I've obsessed not to use gas but inevitably a guy at the body shop fixing the hood or the dealer jump in it and run the motor and kill my miles on electric record off the volt stats page. Same name on there site. It has been the most reliable car I have ever had. I have had one oil change, and a set of wiper blades, that's it. I had two flat tires covered under warranty. I put level 2 chargers at my parents place and at home and work to keep it charged up. I would recommend a Volt to anyone it really has been a great car. My son loves the Volt so Im going to give it to him. So much for that extended warranty.

I've followed Tesla since day one. All through the roadster and on to the S. I had bought a P90D inventory car, which my Accountant killed, raising hell about an IRS Audit. and all the other luxury penalties that will com with it. I caved in on that one. Still have a picture of the two cars together. I pre-ordered a 3 on 3/31/16. I could not wait for the car to come out. Then I saw a picture of a 3 and a volt side by side here on the forum. I was turned off pretty quick with the 3. When DC got there 3 I shot up there and had to have a look. Bottom line I didn't want to compromise with Tesla, except for giving up the Ludicrous mode to shut up the Accountant. I test drove the cars twice thinking I was going with X. Slept on it and said Nope I'm going with the first one and getting an S. I have now been audited so that excuse is out the window and if the Accountant complains i'll get a new one of those to. I'm still going to get the 3 but may now wait for the AWD. As long as I waited for the 3 might as well wait a couple more months if we don't loose the rebate.

At this point it is why did I wait two years to get the Tesla?

KirbyT — Interesting theory from your DS that all these other forum members are delusional regarding production dates.[/QUO
I got the Volt back in 2013, had it 5 years now. Lifetime I have 485 MPG tooling around town, but not on road trips. I've obsessed not to use gas but inevitably a guy at the body shop fixing the hood or the dealer jump in it and run the motor and kill my miles on electric record off the volt stats page. Same name on there site. It has been the most reliable car I have ever had. I have had one oil change, and a set of wiper blades, that's it. I had two flat tires covered under warranty. I put level 2 chargers at my parents place and at home and work to keep it charged up. I would recommend a Volt to anyone it really has been a great car. My son loves the Volt so Im going to give it to him. So much for that extended warranty.

I've followed Tesla since day one. All through the roadster and on to the S. I had bought a P90D inventory car, which my Accountant killed, raising hell about an IRS Audit. and all the other luxury penalties that will com with it. I caved in on that one. Still have a picture of the two cars together. I pre-ordered a 3 on 3/31/16. I could not wait for the car to come out. Then I saw a picture of a 3 and a volt side by side here on the forum. I was turned off pretty quick with the 3. When DC got there 3 I shot up there and had to have a look. Bottom line I didn't want to compromise with Tesla, except for giving up the Ludicrous mode to shut up the Accountant. I test drove the cars twice thinking I was going with X. Slept on it and said Nope I'm going with the first one and getting an S. I have now been audited so that excuse is out the window and if the Accountant complains i'll get a new one of those to. I'm still going to get the 3 but may now wait for the AWD. As long as I waited for the 3 might as well wait a couple more months if we don't loose the rebate.

At this point it is why did I wait two years to get the Tesla?
Oh! What a story! First of all, why did your accountant think you would be audited in the first place? I know you were, but why did the accountant think that when you were wanting to purchase the P90D? Was it because you would be getting that rebate and that would "flag" your account? That is interesting to me, since you said that. I'd like to know his reason for that thought.
I am glad your son wants your Volt. I have never known anyone who owns a Volt and only know one person who has a Leaf but he loves his leaf but has pre-ordered a Model 3. He is still waiting, even though he was on the list from day one.....he hasn't even been contacted to configure yet. We have friends who have a Model S they got in May of 2017 and they are taking delivery of their Model 3 this week. They didn't even ORDER the Model 3 until last month but they are getting theirs this week because of Tesla owners going to the "front of the line." We are driving my new Model S to their house on Friday to see their new Model 3.
I know you're anxious to get your Model S. You will absolutely LOVE it!
Don't forget to let me know why your accountant was worried about your buying a Model P90D causing you to be audited. Thx!

My two kids are making fun of me all the time now because I am like a little kid waiting for a big Christmas gift.
I am not that into cars, I had Porsche, BMW, Jaguar before, never really excited. But this time, I am so looking forward to it. I guess the Tesla is more like a techy toy for me and the driving experience is just so different.
I think we ALL feel that way! I LOVE gadgets, my husband....he couldn't care less about electronic gadgets etc but I love them! I will say that he finally got to drive my car yesterday (Monday) and I've had it since Friday, but he drove it yesterday and loves it, too. He was so impressed with the acceleration and the smoothness...no shifting of gears, etc. It is wonderful fun to drive and yesterday, on the way home, he dropped me off at the door to Kroger and after I got out, a lady apparently knew what the car was (so many people do NOT know what a Tesla is....:rolleyes:,) and she asked me how I liked it etc. Was really impressed with it and was very complimentary. Of course, that was fun! I like it when people stop and ask you about it. It's fun. I just love mine and more every time I drive it!

Update: SLC Gallery Advisor, Jordan (who has been great to work with) did get back to me this morning. My assigned DS is apparently still in the witness protection program but he copied a different DS. S100D is now in production, scheduled for completion 2nd week of March, shipment/delivery date specifics TBD. I agree with the comments above that there seems to be an odd randomness to some of this. Looks like about 13-weeks to get 650 miles from factory to Boise. (I’m now considering a factory pick-up.)

Ordered: 12/26
Confirmed: 12/29
VIN: 1/10
Production completion OOA: 3/16
Delivery (est.): 3/27
TOTAL TAT: 13-weeks
That's just crazy. If they finish it on time, it won't take that long to get to you, as you know. I wouldn't pick it up at the factory if I were you. I would wait a little longer and have the dealership check it out first etc. Then you might want to take it to a detailer you trust and get them to be sure nothing was missed in regard to the paint. (I am sure they probably do a check up schedule if you pick up from the factory and maybe that would be better than the dealership crew checking it out.....Not sure. BUT, I would be sure to get an independent detailer to be sure they didn't miss anything because my car did have some things that they didn't catch at the dealership.) I hope you get your car soon, by the time you do get it, you will have waited WAY too long.

Reactions: Idaho_Steve
IMG_1156.JPG

Here is a shot of my Volt with the P90D.

The accountants believe in triggers for audits. Old school were Large Bank deposits, especially cash, large purchases, or anything that would draw attention to that there is something fishy going on here. So they assume the worse. Luxury cars, boats,vacation homes, were big on there watch lists so it was always a deterant and should be avoided. Now a days we know there watching Amazon purchases waiting to nail you for not paying sales tax. We bought a Server on Amazon and know it was the trigger, they told us during the audit. Once there in they just have to check everything out.

I never considered Tesla to be a Luxury car. I've always considered it an electric car.

Last edited:
Reactions: CBPfromTN
View attachment 283267

Here is a shot of my Volt with the P90D.

The accountants believe in triggers for audits. Old school were Large Bank deposits, especially cash, large purchases, or anything that would draw attention to that there is something fishy going on here. So they assume the worse. Luxury cars were big on there watch lists so it was always a deterant and should be avoided. Now a days we know there watching Amazon purchases waiting to nail you for not paying sales tax. We bought a Server on Amazon and know it was the trigger, they told us during the audit. Once there in they just have to check everything out.

I never considered Tesla to be a Luxury car. I've always considered it an electric car.
Hmmmm, I've never had that happen and we have had luxury cars before. I've never considered Tesla a luxury car either. That's weird. As for the Volt, I wish we could get our son to get one! He bought a new 2015 two door Honda Civic 2 1/2 years ago and loves it but a Volt would be a lot more economical even though the Civic is pretty darned economical. thx!

I just ordered the power cable for my wall charger. I paid $1.74 for the 6/3 cable, but asked about the 2/3 cable if I wanted to go with the 100A sub panel and branch out for a second Tesla. $6.75 a Foot :eek:

I'll just pull two cables when the day comes. For now I'll start the journey across my basement with one cable and the future drag line.

I just ordered the power cable for my wall charger. I paid $1.74 for the 6/3 cable, but asked about the 2/3 cable if I wanted to go with the 100A sub panel and branch out for a second Tesla. $6.75 a Foot :eek:

I'll just pull two cables when the day comes. For now I'll start the journey across my basement with one cable and the future drag line.
Wow! Good luck installing it. We had to hire an electrician, even though my husband can do basic wiring, such as lights, ceiling fans and all of his woodworking shop tools and stuff like that. We had to get someone who knows how to put in another 220 in our circuit boxes. The electrician had to piggy back 4 to make 4 spaces in a row for the 220 even though we had enough space, it just wasn't in the correct "order." It's so nice having the outlet to plug in your car and you know that is all you have to do and you don't have to go buy gas!!! I don't even plan to have two Teslas at one time because my husband has to have his Expedition EL and his F150 and I know he would never go for anything but those two as much as he loves them both. He can have them! LOL. I have MY car and I love it.
As for the basement, is your circuit box on the opposite side of the basement from your garage? Thankfully ours was not and our basement is "unfinished" so it was even easier. The circuit boxes are both on the side/end of the house where all the A/C units are so it wasn't a far stretch to get the wire from the circuit box to the upper garage and since I park in the closest bay to the door coming into the house, we only needed about 30-35 feet of that wire to get the outlet where it needed to be which is right in front of my car, just to the left so I can easily plug in my car. Sounds like you got a good deal on wire...not sure. I know doing it yourself is a lot less expensive. That's always good! Good luck on the installation!

140 feet to the panel, all finished drywall except two small closets I can use for a chase. probably will have to chop up the garage walls and at the panel. I think I can make it across the basement ceiling.

The kicker is and I don't know why I put a pipe up to the ceiling when we build the house for what if? The pipe is to small for the wire, go figure. used the other pipe for the Volt charger which is to small also.

Status update: Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory.

"Ordered midnight silver 75D on 1/17, confirmed 1/20, VIN 1/25, Production started 2/22, In Transit on 2/27, Delivery Appointment is scheduled for 3/21 "

Hold that train wait for me! Mine should be off the line also, but haven't gotten an update yet.

My DA is on vacation this week, so we will see if he is the one who does the updates.

140 feet to the panel, all finished drywall except two small closets I can use for a chase. probably will have to chop up the garage walls and at the panel. I think I can make it across the basement ceiling.

The kicker is and I don't know why I put a pipe up to the ceiling when we build the house for what if? The pipe is to small for the wire, go figure. used the other pipe for the Volt charger which is to small also.
LOL, I understand! We actually wired some of the rooms for speakers and believe it or not, actually planned to put speakers in the corners of the room, in the top of each four corner INSTEAD of mounting them in the attic above the main floor and having them FLUSH with the ceiling. DUH! We ran all of our internet wiring too and of course most everything is wireless but I will say that having the ethernet able to connect directly if needed is awesome. In our house, the modem is SO far from my theatre room that I couldn't get a good signal so I had to have my audio/video guy wire it directly to the internet because that was one place we didn't wire the internet to.....never thought about finished the area over the 3 car garage into a theatre room, but that was what we did!
I cannot imagine having to run that wiring thru the (finished) basement ceiling!!! You've got your work cut out for you but it will be so nice when you finish! AND then you'll have your new Tesla! Win-Win!!