Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Purrrrdee pictures. I won't comment on the low and wide rear end .... :cool:
LOL :p It is just the purdiest car I have evern seen in all my days!
What kills me is how Cadillac and Porsche are now going after Tesla in their TV ads. Do they not realize that Tesla is and always be in a class of its own? Cadillac says "Tesla, eat your heart out." Porsche is also going after TESLA. Ha ha ha! Everyone is going after Tesla but they don't have the "Wow" factor. Tesla DOES. I LOVE MY CAR!

Reactions: PJP1532
I'm thinking it'll be closer to the 11th than the 24th for you.
Still need to get the 240 installation sorted out in my garage, but i'm beyond excited.

This is my first 'brand new' car, and my first car with powered seats and the creature comforts of a luxury vehicles - my wife and I work really hard, and this is the first time we've splurged on a vehicle (I always buy a used, 'functional' car).

This is a significant milestone for the both of us :)

DMack, Looks like Northern California MS buyers are getting closer in the production queue for first quarter deliveries. My DA in Rocklin proactively sent me an email and said my car should enter full production on March 11 and be delivered between March 15 and 20. You have selected a magnificent first new car! Counting the days for both of us...

Reactions: Naekuh and DMack
So, pretty cool day today.

The website had update last Friday 2/23 that my car had gone into production. I hadn't heard anything from my DS, but I figured I wouldn't check until the car was done with production.

My DS gave me a call today (3/1) and said that the car had just finished production, and would be delivered and ready for pick up around March 19th. That was his original estimate, and I was pretty excited.

My DS called back 2 hours later and told me that my car had actually made it onto a truck today and might be here by Wednesday. Super excited! Only downside is that I'm scheduled to be on call all weekend from Friday through Sunday al the way to Monday morning, so I don't know when I'll be able to pick it up! I'll have to find a way...

Thanks to everyone for keeping me up to date on their deliveries, which have helped me understand how this whole process goes!

DMack, Looks like Northern California MS buyers are getting closer in the production queue for first quarter deliveries. My DA in Rocklin proactively sent me an email and said my car should enter full production on March 11 and be delivered between March 15 and 20. You have selected a magnificent first new car! Counting the days for both of us...

That's awesome news!
I haven't really been bothering my DS since I've been too busy at work to even care (kinda), but it's good to have a ballpark delivery date to work with :)

Thanks!

The website had update last Friday 2/23 that my car had gone into production. I hadn't heard anything from my DS, but I figured I wouldn't check until the car was done with production.

My DS gave me a call today (3/1) and said that the car had just finished production, and would be delivered and ready for pick up around March 19th. That was his original estimate, and I was pretty excited.

My DS called back 2 hours later and told me that my car had actually made it onto a truck today and might be here by Wednesday. Super excited! Only downside is that I'm scheduled to be on call all weekend from Friday through Sunday al the way to Monday morning, so I don't know when I'll be able to pick it up! I'll have to find a way...

Thanks to everyone for keeping me up to date on their deliveries, which have helped me understand how this whole process goes!
Great news!!! SO exciting!!

Status update: Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory.

"Ordered midnight silver 75D on 1/17, confirmed 1/20, VIN 1/25, Production started 2/22, In Transit on 2/27, Delivery Appointment is scheduled for 3/21 "

Update from my DA: "Your car has completed production and is in route to our service center. Would you be available on Saturday, March 17th for pick up?" 4 days earlier!

Congratulations on making it through the production phase. I felt so much relief yesterday when I got that the news. I’m sure your feeling pretty good.

I left work early to go home and tackle the wall charger cabling. Worse than I planned, got a quick start getting across the basement ceiling when I found a drag line to pull the cable. That was the only thing that went right. 6 hours later my son and I got it pulled. I had beams, fire stops , and duct work blocking our paths. Wound up cutting 7 holes to get it done. Taught my son some new cuss words. Glade to get this over with, I’ll mount the wall unit some time this weekend and finish it off.

Reactions: CBPfromTN
Congratulations on making it through the production phase. I felt so much relief yesterday when I got that the news. I’m sure your feeling pretty good.

I left work early to go home and tackle the wall charger cabling. Worse than I planned, got a quick start getting across the basement ceiling when I found a drag line to pull the cable. That was the only thing that went right. 6 hours later my son and I got it pulled. I had beams, fire stops , and duct work blocking our paths. Wound up cutting 7 holes to get it done. Taught my son some new cuss words. Glade to get this over with, I’ll mount the wall unit some time this weekend and finish it off.
Wow..............WHAT A JOB! I knew it was going to be kinda bad with it being on the other end of the basement and the basement being finished out. UGH. I am glad you got this done. Keep us posted on the installation of the outlet! What exactly are you installing? Are you doing the NEMA 15-40 outlet or are you installing the $500 wall charger as well?

I'm impressed. I was tempted to try an do some of this work myself and just have the electrician do the final connections, but I think I'm going to wuss out... I've got about 75-85 feet to cross, and I've never done this kind of work before. Any tips or tricks you've learned?

Your DS is pretty much saying that it takes less than 10 days for your production, shipping, and state inspection, and you are in East coast, that beats everyone else's timeline here.
I am in Texas, same day productionas yours, my DS estimate about the end of March or early April for delivery.

Wow..............WHAT A JOB! I knew it was going to be kinda bad with it being on the other end of the basement and the basement being finished out. UGH. I am glad you got this done. Keep us posted on the installation of the outlet! What exactly are you installing? Are you doing the NEMA 15-40 outlet or are you installing the $500 wall charger as well?

I’m installing the $500 Tesla wall charger for the faster charge. I ran the 150’ of the #6 cable. I will do a lot of driving on the weekend and will probably want to top off in a hurry. This install would have cost big bucks given the amount of time involved. Given that I’ll take the savings and treat my Tesla to an Opti-coat you recommended to me. :) I’ll probably also get the floor mats to.

I’m installing the $500 Tesla wall charger for the faster charge. I ran the 150’ of the #6 cable. I will do a lot of driving on the weekend and will probably want to top off in a hurry. This install would have cost big bucks given the amount of time involved. Given that I’ll take the savings and treat my Tesla to an Opti-coat you recommended to me. :) I’ll probably also get the floor mats to.
Hey.....that sounds awesome and I believe is a great move! As for the Opti-Coat, you may want to also think about XPEL on the front bumper, hood and rockers as I already have a rock chip on my hood!! I think I am going to have my Opti-Coat technician get in touch with the XPEL technician he works with and have that done on the hood, front bumper and rockers. Then my Opti-Coat tech will reapply the Opti-Coat Pro Plus again on those areas. You will see when you get your Tesla that the hood is almost a bulls eye for rocks. I HATE like you know what to have to go to the extra expense but after one trip on the interstate and a rock chip, I am convinced I need more than the Opti-Coat which is really just for SHINE. PM me if you want. I will be having this done shortly and the Opti-Coat will have to be buffed off the areas I am having the XPEL protectant on first and then reapplied by my Opti-Coat tech is working with me. He's such a good guy.
Anyway, I am glad you got your wiring done and you are right, it would have been a FORTUNE to have all that done by an electrician! You will love having that extra charging power since you're going to be making so many long road trips!

I'm impressed. I was tempted to try an do some of this work myself and just have the electrician do the final connections, but I think I'm going to wuss out... I've got about 75-85 feet to cross, and I've never done this kind of work before. Any tips or tricks you've learned?

No tricks, I’m a master electrician by trade and still practice on occasion. My surprise was finding the main house beams boxed in and blocking my route as well as the main drain next to the panel,causing me to cut three more holes to fight my way around them. Once I got to the panel I found out I had no knock out left in top of the box. I had to run the cable down to the floor and back up into the bottom of the panel.

To answer your question I would try to get the cable installed point to point and let the electrician tie it in. They have minimum charges but mounting the unit and tying it in would cover the minimum. It’s not line the auto shop that has the rate to do the work and the other rate to finish the job you started. I would get the 6/3 cable with a ground 4 wires total and run it leaving it plenty long at both ends. I let the cable hit the floor from the ceiling allowing pertly for sparky to connect. I just paid $1.74 a foot for the cable. Paid my son a dinner and a couple beers. ;)

Hey.....that sounds awesome and I believe is a great move! As for the Opti-Coat, you may want to also think about XPEL on the front bumper, hood and rockers as I already have a rock chip on my hood!! I think I am going to have my Opti-Coat technician get in touch with the XPEL technician he works with and have that done on the hood, front bumper and rockers. Then my Opti-Coat tech will reapply the Opti-Coat Pro Plus again on those areas. You will see when you get your Tesla that the hood is almost a bulls eye for rocks. I HATE like you know what to have to go to the extra expense but after one trip on the interstate and a rock chip, I am convinced I need more than the Opti-Coat which is really just for SHINE. PM me if you want. I will be having this done shortly and the Opti-Coat will have to be buffed off the areas I am having the XPEL protectant on first and then reapplied by my Opti-Coat tech is working with me. He's such a good guy.
Anyway, I am glad you got your wiring done and you are right, it would have been a FORTUNE to have all that done by an electrician! You will love having that extra charging power since you're going to be making so many long road trips!

My younger son is already on me to do that and have t he windows tinted and the fancy Tesla door lights......

I got a quote for the front end already

Kicker with the charger, there is a rumor that a super charger may go in the new Royal farms being built in our neighborhood. I could only wish that was true. 1/2 mile from my house. The site is Hugh and could be possible given they have done the same in one of there other new sites in Maryland. I’d be getting one of those abusing the privilege letters from Elon.

My younger son is already on me to do that and have t he windows tinted and the fancy Tesla door lights......

I got a quote for the front end already

Kicker with the charger, there is a rumor that a super charger may go in the new Royal farms being built in our neighborhood. I could only wish that was true. 1/2 mile from my house. The site is Hugh and could be possible given they have done the same in one of there other new sites in Maryland. I’d be getting one of those abusing the privilege letters from Elon.
Oh wonderful!!! Oh how I wish WE would have a Super Charger so close! The nearest one to me is 45 minutes away...You better believe I'd be right there having MY car Super Charged if it was that close to MY home! That is awesome! I hope it happens!