Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a call from my DS and a VIN today! Looks like I'm #5185, an 85-kWh Performance. He said that it should be through production in the next couple of days, then hopefully shipped out to Texas by the end of next week. It'll go to the new Dallas service center for a pre-delivery inspection and detail, then on a trailer to my house. I'd gladly go pick it up there, but Tesla still isn't able to legally allow pick-ups from a service center in Texas. My delivery window is 2/5-2/19, so they'll likely miss my window by a few days. This is going to be a long couple of weeks...

Got a call from my DS and a VIN today! Looks like I'm #5185, an 85-kWh Performance. He said that it should be through production in the next couple of days, then hopefully shipped out to Texas by the end of next week. It'll go to the new Dallas service center for a pre-delivery inspection and detail, then on a trailer to my house. I'd gladly go pick it up there, but Tesla still isn't able to legally allow pick-ups from a service center in Texas. My delivery window is 2/5-2/19, so they'll likely miss my window by a few days. This is going to be a long couple of weeks...

Congrats!!!!

Just curious. what's your sequence number? and when did you send in your pre-MVPA paper after finalizing? thanks.

Just got home with #4357 (Blue, 85, pano, tech, sound).
I was supposed to get the car delivered to the house, but the snow started falling around 2:30 and it wasn't safe for them to bring my car. Joe D. went out of his way to come and pick me up (he braved a commute of 20 miles that took him over 1.5 hours to take me to the service center in the city and then spent another 1+ hour going thru everything with me. This is what makes Tesla special; having people who go out of their way to accomodate us!
What a fun drive (handled well in the snow as it was changing into rain) and I can't wait for the roads to dry out to really put the car thru its tracks! Sitting at home, charging up, life is good :cool:

OK, the 60's are officially caught up, and in fact have leapfrogged ahead of 85 production (at least temporarily, they seemed to have batched a bunch of 60's recently).

No kidding. P12,xxx here, still waiting for my 85. there are p10,xxx also still waiting for their 85s. My window is also earlier. I'm glad Lou's getting his car, but looks like a lot of us are gonna miss our window if they keep batching that far out...

Yes, let's get back on the 85 train. :) 12645 wants his P85! Pretty interesting that there are only 110 reservations between us, yet our delivery windows are skewed by 3 weeks.

I always look back at people post history to see what info they have. You delayed finalizing 5 days, and I think a bunch of people jumped in front of you. I actually finalized on 12/19 and got the countersigned MVPA on 12/26.

I always look back at people post history to see what info they have. You delayed finalizing 5 days, and I think a bunch of people jumped in front of you. I actually finalized on 12/19 and got the countersigned MVPA on 12/26.

that's a good point...I'm 12,8xx, countersigned 1/7 and happen to have same window of 2/2 - 2/16. I counter signed as soon as I got the finalize button and delivery stuff. I don't know when 13,490 signed and countersigned everything, but I can't imagine it was before me. As I said, I'm glad Lou's getting his car soon and it's great for him, but I do agree that Tesla should go back to 85s now that 60's seem to have caught up--they shouldn't go too far with batching since a lot of us 85s with lower res numbers are patiently waiting (although not as long as those with much lower numbers). I guess it's time for me to contact my PS tomorrow and find out what's going on....

Could be, but that would be a lot of people. But whatever, I don't care at this point really. If I had your delivery window, I wouldn't even have power in my garage yet, and the 110V overnight wouldn't even cover my daily commute, so the car would be worthless except for 1 or 2 outings a week.

Maybe I'll catch you driving back home over the hill. I live in South San Jose and frequent the 85/87/17/880 areas frequently for customer visits. Haven't seen a grey one on the road yet...

I'm Res. #12,044 for 60kwh and air suspension and configured on 12/27. My window is Feb. 16-Mar. 2. No VIN number yet that I know of.

Update: VIN#5044 and delivery date of 2.19.13 for home delivery.

Got my vin today: #5097. I'm P13490, 60kWh. Delivery window is Feb. 9-23 but the DS said that I should expect mid to end of February for delivery to the Costa Mesa service center.

Last edited:

Just to add another data point, here are my dates:
I got the finalize button 12/3 but waited a couple of weeks and finalized on 12/20. I signed my paperwork as soon as I received it and my pre MVPA was countersigned 12/28. You will get another MVPA to sign when the car is ready. My car is at the service center and picking it up tomorrow. (jumps up and down)

Sooo, since I snoozed, I have a fairly low reservation number and just finally getting my p85. I wonder if they take the reservation number into consideration when scheduling pickups. My car was ready at the beginning of my window but just took longer to connect with my DS.

res #9,853, pre MVPA 12/28, delivery window: 2/2-2/16, final MVPA and VIN 1/31, pickup scheduled 2/8

I'd be more than happy to. delivery is slated for Saturday at 4 pm, finally have my vin: 4605
absolutely stunned with how responsive BofA was, filled out the app on line, got approval within an hour, got a call from an agent who walked me through each step and got the final papers for signature out to me immediately, is going out of his way to turn them around with a check, overnighted with a Saturday delivery! Wow! Tesla is in full swing, the cars are coming fast, the guy who called me basically admitted they know what is coming when it shows up, it's a bit of a free flow at this point. can't complain, they have been great to deal with over the phone with getting the final paperwork nailed down for financing! in a way i'm glad we didn't have that 10 day notice, would have just lost a lot more sleep!!

Do you mind posting a few photos of the grey interior with the carbon fiber decor :)

Slightly premature to post...........but my Delivery Button appeared this morning while I was talking with a nice fellow from Tesla Product Support. Looks like 4 weeks and counting until I can head to the Factory for my tour and pickup. As with others, TM estimated that the final paperwork and VIN will be ready about 2 weeks before pickup availability. I plan to drive it back to LA (340 miles) using a couple of supercharger stops along the way. My 65th Birthday is on the 16th of March so what an extremely cool B-Day present.

Silver, 85 kWh Non-Perf, Pano, Studio Sound, Air Sus, 19", Tech Package and Parcel Shelf(which is still backordered) #13396

Maybe we should start a Delivery Button thread to track when people are getting the button with their date range.