Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked her up yesterday at the Tigard service center, drop dead gorgeous! It was the first Pearl I'd seen in person, I'm so happy with the color. What can I say that hasn't been said? Got the grin, giddy like a little school girl, amazing, invigorating, stunning, breathtaking, exhilarating, mind boggling and so on and so on...I think I'll go for another spin right now!

So on the way to Tigard service center right now to pick up VIN 5761 - Pearl like yours! What can I say.... beautiful! I'll post delivery pictures tonight and plan is to do some picture stuff tomorrow at the coast - Pray for sunshine.
We'll have to try and get a multi car discount on the window tinting :smile: You are having that done Monday? maybe I'll swing by and we can work that discount / or maybe they will give you a finder fee!

Well, my baby is home (6017)! Picked it up this morning. Great delivery experience...thanks to all at the Bellevue Service Center, and here on line. Put 125 miles on it in already. Car far surpasses my expectations. Nothing on the due bill, perfect quality.

If you can't tell, it's green.

photo.JPG

Just picked mine up today (VIN 5638) at the Westchester, NY retail store. Kind of interesting picking up a car at a shopping mall, but it was quite convenient. The delivery team was wonderful. After all the frustration about lack of communication and coordination (I just received my VIN and final MVPA at midnight last night), the delivery process was great. And, of course, the car is fantastic. Didn't need to, but stopped at the Milford supercharger on I95 to see how it worked. Sat in the car for awhile and got quite a few questions and thumbs up.

Due bill list: package shelf, carbon spoiler, P85 badging, and HPWC.

Initial issues: distortion at bottom of windshield (only noticed by my wife) and grossly overinflated tires. (When I picked up the car I noticed a tire pressure warning. They told me "Sometimes it does that when they're cold and it goes away once the tires heat up." Well, I checked the temp several hours after I got home and the tires were cool. Pressures were all at approximately 54psi!! They're supposed to be 42psi).

Here are a few quick iPhone pics:

Tesla1.jpg

Tesla2.jpg

Tesla3.jpg

Attachments

• Tesla1.jpg
    Tesla1.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 825
  • Tesla2.jpg
    Tesla2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 802
  • Tesla3.jpg
    Tesla3.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 801
distortion at bottom of windshield (only noticed by my wife) and grossly overinflated tires. Pressures were all at approximately 54psi!! They're supposed to be 42psi).

I believe the maximum pressure on those tires is 51 psi, so 54 psi is hardly grossly overinflated. During transport, tires are always inflated high (or should be) to reduce the movement of the vehicle and to help prevent damage when loading and unloading. Anytime anyone other than yourself has done work on the vehicle, check the pressures first thing the next morning with a good pressure gauge like this one or this one (not a $20 one).

(When I picked up the car I noticed a tire pressure warning. They told me "Sometimes it does that when they're cold and it goes away once the tires heat up."

This is an example of the sad state of tire knowledge. Tire pressure goes up as the temperature rises, not down.

Well, I checked the temp several hours after I got home and the tires were cool. Pressures were all at approximately 54psi!! They're supposed to be 42psi).

The vehicle placard pressure is a starting point based on a set of assumptions. In your case the tires were inflated for car carrier transport, which has a totally different set of assumptions.

I am surprised at the number of "tire over inflation on delievery" stories. As Jerry33 points out all cars are shipped with tires over inflated. I can understand getting your vehicle with high tire pressure from a car transport truck, but to have your Model S delivered that way at a store pick up or in a delivery with a DS is a puzzel to me.

but to have your Model S delivered that way at a store pick up or in a delivery with a DS is a puzzel to me.

And, factory deliveries too. I had explicitly asked my DS if the tire pressures were okay and he said "yes, 45 psi". Got the over-inflation warning on the short ride home from the factory; they were at 53 psi. They are just not checking and leaving them in the shape that they are coming off the line.

I am surprised at the number of "tire over inflation on delievery" stories. As Jerry33 points out all cars are shipped with tires over inflated. I can understand getting your vehicle with high tire pressure from a car transport truck, but to have your Model S delivered that way at a store pick up or in a delivery with a DS is a puzzel to me.

I'd suggest that because the factory doesn't know which cars will get shipped, that they just set all to the transport pressure. It makes things easier, faster, and reduces problems. High pressure isn't the enemy that most people believe it to be. Heat, not pressure, kills tires. In an ideal world the car would change its tires' pressure automatically based on the conditions it encountered (say the past 15 minutes of driving). The next best thing would be to have the pressure under driver control--assuming the driver knows enough about pressures to control it properly (this is a very big assumption). However, my guess is that we'll have Stark Reversion Technology before that happens.

- - - Updated - - -

And, factory deliveries too. I had explicitly asked my DS if the tire pressures were okay and he said "yes, 45 psi". Got the over-inflation warning on the short ride home from the factory; they were at 53 psi. They are just not checking and leaving them in the shape that they are coming off the line.

The only pressure gauge you can trust is the one you own (assuming it's a good one).

Picked her up yesterday at the Tigard service center, drop dead gorgeous! It was the first Pearl I'd seen in person, I'm so happy with the color. What can I say that hasn't been said? Got the grin, giddy like a little school girl, amazing, invigorating, stunning, breathtaking, exhilarating, mind boggling and so on and so on...I think I'll go for another spin right now!

So on the way to Tigard service center right now to pick up VIN 5761 - Pearl like yours! What can I say.... beautiful! I'll post delivery pictures tonight and plan is to do some picture stuff tomorrow at the coast - Pray for sunshine.
We'll have to try and get a multi car discount on the window tinting :smile: You are having that done Monday? maybe I'll swing by and we can work that discount / or maybe they will give you a finder fee!

Thanks Everyone! Rongon, yes tint is getting done on Monday. I know for a fact they can do another one that day so pm me, we'll tag team em.

Childressmd, good eye! Funny I have no desire to drive it, but we'll see how long that lasts.

The building and location may not be what Tesla owners expect, but it's unfinished with lots of potential. And I'm sure less expensive. As a shareholder, I approve!

What ThortsMD is too kind to say is that you drive past a seedy motel and a junkyard to get there. If someone told you the cars had been stolen off of a delivery truck and this was a fake Tesla dealership, you would not be altogether surprised.

It's not a service center yet, just a holding pen for 25+ Teslas being prepared for delivery. And one thing is true: the room o' Teslas is pretty awesome. (I drove a friend for his pickup last week.)