Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats and looks great!!! Have fun this weekend! We just got ours back after two days from being tinted and front wrapped in PPF as the factory PPF was not very good quality and had already started to peel a little on the hood. Was a long two days driving the ICE again...

Got my Model S today :biggrin:. Day started early this morning for me - 3:30 am to get office work done so that I could pick up the car at 9 am at Fremont. The whole experience was awesome - from the day I first test drove it at Santana Row to placing the order to communicating with my DS, and finally the delivery and factory tour. Tesla is an amazing company and I hope they are wildly successful. Left the factory at 11:30am, and had to then get back to work, so have not been able to drive it much. I am so looking forward to some extended drives over the weekend. Some pictures below.

Got my Model S today :biggrin:. Day started early this morning for me - 3:30 am to get office work done so that I could pick up the car at 9 am at Fremont. The whole experience was awesome - from the day I first test drove it at Santana Row to placing the order to communicating with my DS, and finally the delivery and factory tour. Tesla is an amazing company and I hope they are wildly successful. Left the factory at 11:30am, and had to then get back to work, so have not been able to drive it much. I am so looking forward to some extended drives over the weekend. Some pictures below.

Right on!!! This weekend will be fun for you. Time to dial in all the settings, etc.
Almost 500 miles, and washed mine for the second time today. Still looking just as awesome!

Congrats and looks great!!! Have fun this weekend! We just got ours back after two days from being tinted and front wrapped in PPF as the factory PPF was not very good quality and had already started to peel a little on the hood. Was a long two days driving the ICE again...

Thanks! What kind of PPF did you go with? Enjoy the weekend with car!!

Right on!!! This weekend will be fun for you. Time to dial in all the settings, etc.
Almost 500 miles, and washed mine for the second time today. Still looking just as awesome!

Are you using any special drying method to minimize swirl marks?

Are you using any special drying method to minimize swirl marks?

Yes picked up 4 Meguiares microfiber drying towels
Meguiars Water Magnet Drying Towel : Amazon.com : Automotive

Poor man's foaming gun
Amazon.com: Gilmour 95QGFMR Foamaster II Cleaning Sprayer: Patio, Lawn Garden

A couple of micro fiber wash mitts (you can get these cheaper at local auto store)
Microfiber Car Washing Mitt: The Mitt : Amazon.com : Automotive

Two Home Depot 5 gal buckets, with grates for the bottom

I've been talking with a professional detailer, about the process. It's all about lifting the dirt off and rinsing as much away before a mitt ever touches the car. Maybe going off the deep end, and this is a new process for me (still working out flow), but rinse first, then foam the car down, then with two bucket method (one with Meguiare Gold soap already in it, the other bucket a water rinse), lightly mitt from top to bottom. I trade and rinse mitts on every major panel. The hose down again. Repeat the process for the other side, the nose, and the tail.

In drying, I use a std. towel on the glass, then use Meg's towels to wipe down each panel on the car. Always turning the cloth. Top to bottom. Gently.

The paint still looks absolutely gorgeous. No swirls at all.

I do plan on getting the hood and forward panels wrapped next week. Then I'm having my detailer coming to completely prep and apply C.Quartz to the finish. It will add one of the heaviest/thickest nano barriers on top of the clear coat.

Here's what he does...
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.532408256811131.1073741826.117814038270557&type=1

I received vin 1259x last night. My son has to meet the carrier because I'm out of town until Sunday night. Can't wait to get home to drive her. He face timed me on our iPhones so I at least got to see the delivery. The car is black, 85kwh, pano, tech, 19" wheels, air suspension, upgraded sound, matt obeche, black leather, finalized 5/22, delivery button 5/26.

Yes picked up 4 Meguiares microfiber drying towels
Meguiars Water Magnet Drying Towel : Amazon.com : Automotive

Poor man's foaming gun
Amazon.com: Gilmour 95QGFMR Foamaster II Cleaning Sprayer: Patio, Lawn Garden

A couple of micro fiber wash mitts (you can get these cheaper at local auto store)
Microfiber Car Washing Mitt: The Mitt : Amazon.com : Automotive

Two Home Depot 5 gal buckets, with grates for the bottom

I've been talking with a professional detailer, about the process. It's all about lifting the dirt off and rinsing as much away before a mitt ever touches the car. Maybe going off the deep end, and this is a new process for me (still working out flow), but rinse first, then foam the car down, then with two bucket method (one with Meguiare Gold soap already in it, the other bucket a water rinse), lightly mitt from top to bottom. I trade and rinse mitts on every major panel. The hose down again. Repeat the process for the other side, the nose, and the tail.

In drying, I use a std. towel on the glass, then use Meg's towels to wipe down each panel on the car. Always turning the cloth. Top to bottom. Gently.

The paint still looks absolutely gorgeous. No swirls at all.

Thanks - I will have to give this a try.

I do plan on getting the hood and forward panels wrapped next week. Then I'm having my detailer coming to completely prep and apply C.Quartz to the finish. It will add one of the heaviest/thickest nano barriers on top of the clear coat.

Here's what he does...
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.532408256811131.1073741826.117814038270557&type=1

Wow, this is nothing short of a red-carpet treatment :smile:.

Only 500? :wink: We have 700 now... get out driving! :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Our installer (Rick at Cactus Tint in Scottsdale, AZ) used SunTek... he did say that XPel in his opinion was really a better product but either one is far better than the factory PPF. We could see the difference where the factory PPF was almost an orange peel/streaky type of texture vs. SunTek was glossy and smooth. We redid the entire front end. We did a stack on the tint with 3M Color Stable CS-50 as a base (for blacker color since Crystalline is not as smoky) and Crystalline 50 for the infrared heat blockage (also did the windshield and pano in Crystalline 70). Turned out great and very happy with the Tint and PPF and will post a couple pics later!!! :cool:

Only 500? :wink: We have 700 now... get out driving! :cool:

i got my black Model S in February and got XPel a couple weeks later. Most people get just the front done for like 1-2k but I paid 4k to get the entire car wrapped so that I could take it to car washes and not worry about swirls for the next 10 years. I got the Xpel type that auto-heals on its own if it gets scratched...it's amazing still 4 months later and I must have taken my car through 10+ car washes in that time.
I live in CT and 4k was expensive after I talked them down from 6k but I'm happy I did it as I don't have to worry about doing any special hand washes to prevent the paint from getting scratched...looks amazing with the Xpel, always has a nice brand new glossy look once it goes through the $5 car wash.

Together at last!
photo.JPG

If longer trips are considered, definitely go with the 85kwh. Supercharging is free with the 85 too.

You can also get the Supercharging turned on with the 60 (all cars have the capability). for me, the 60 is fine. I've gone to Palm Springs, LA and San Diego without a prob. and with the SC all along the 5, a trip to SF is doable (and elsewhere once they get their network up and going).

You can also get the Supercharging turned on with the 60 (all cars have the capability). for me, the 60 is fine. I've gone to Palm Springs, LA and San Diego without a prob. and with the SC all along the 5, a trip to SF is doable (and elsewhere once they get their network up and going).

Hi im in so cal and I want to be able to take trips up to folsom. Do you think that with the supercharger network I can make this trip without too much range anxiety? This trip would be a main reason on which version to choose.

Hi im in so cal and I want to be able to take trips up to folsom. Do you think that with the supercharger network I can make this trip without too much range anxiety? This trip would be a main reason on which version to choose.
there are a lot of different points of view on this. Personally, I would opt for the 85. Minimize the number of stops on a road trip.

there are a lot of different points of view on this. Personally, I would opt for the 85. Minimize the number of stops on a road trip.

If you have the money, go for the 85. It will provide less of a range anxiety as the 60, if you plan to travel long distances with the car, and as PhilBa says...less stopping.. I didn't have the money, so I opted for the 60, which covers 99% of my driving. For long distances, I can always rent an ICE.

As others have said, if you can afford it, get the 85. Remember that over time, the battery pack will gradually lose range. 265 may become 200 and 208 may become 145. In the meantime, I love the "range nonchalance" of having the 85.