Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Thanks for the info Ebbrey, Very nice black on black configuration, plus all glass Pan-roof on your Tesla Model S. I have seen one near my house with similar configuration and it looks exceptionally sharp. Good luck and I hope that you will receive your Model S soon. I want a black one too but it is so hot here in Texas that I have to get a pearl White color instead.

There may well have been be a delay for US orders from 13,xxx to 15,xxx to clear the EU backlog? I believe they had quite a few EU backorders to fulfill and my order was made on May 14th so it's taken more than a month to get the VIN/delivery options. Others of late seem to have been much quicker.

I want to but work got in the way. Managed to move some stuff around and will be taking delivery tonight -- 2 hours from now!!!!

Yay - congrats! Enjoy!

Yeah, I had about a 10 day delay between confirming my order and getting a VIN. Now things appears to be progressing. Either a parts shortage for some options, or ramping up UE orders like you say.

I got a VIN only one day after finalizing, with a reservation delivery estimate of late July. It's interesting to me that @Brit4864 didn't get a VIN until today, at the same time the Delivery button appeared. And his/her VIN is a larger number than mine. Does anyone have any insight into how the production sequence part of the VIN is assigned?

It's interesting to me that @Brit4864 didn't get a VIN until today, at the same time the Delivery button appeared. And his/her VIN is a larger number than mine.

I had a problem with the ordering process. The order I made on the 14th wasn't what got on their system for some odd reason. I happened to be away out of the country when it became finalized and received an email from them with a totally different spec! I called Tesla in CA and the Miami store called me back to confirm what I actually wanted. They were experiencing some problems with the online ordering system too. I heard nothing more until today when both the VIN and Delivery button appeared although when I was in the Dania Beach store last week they looked up and saw a VIN had already been assigned.

He was very apologetic and since I had already arranged a ride to the service center (only 20 minutes from my office) they gave me a loaner so I don't need to find a ride tonight. Not a Tesla, but Enterprise did have a Chrysler 200 convertible available to slightly deaden the pain.
It will eventually all be a distant memory anyway... Can't wait to see pics!

Got my "Delivery" button yesterday, pushed it today. After the delivery registration process, I got a delivery range of July 16 to 30th. I'm a little disappointed though. Original expectation was set for 6/24 to 7/9. Now, it looks more like I'm a whole 'nother month away.

Mine was given an expected date of July 17-31st. My DS called me and asked if I wanted to put it in for early pick up. I just got the news today that it was available. I think there are slots at the factory left. Just need to talk to your DS once he contacts you :)

The good news is that I think P85/P85+ are getting priority.

It will eventually all be a distant memory anyway... Can't wait to see pics!

Got a phone call this afternoon from a DS who said he had bad news--- when they detailed the car today they discovered that the hood of the car (is it still called a hood on a Tesla?) must have been hit by gravel/rocks in transit and had some paint chips and a small dent. They were super apologetic and said they will arrange for the car to go to the body shop and get repaired. I went to the service center expecting the worst and was surprised to see that it wasn't so bad. Honestly, if you weren't looking for it, you probably wouldn't notice it. Two minor chips on the edge of the frunk top and a tiny dent. Otherwise car looked great. Took delivery and the DS spent a good 90 minutes walking me through everything about the car. Did have a fun drive home. Unfortunately will have to give up the car for 3 days next week to get the work done.

Will post some photos tomorrow or over the weekend.

Sorry to hear that it was damaged... congrats on getting it and hope the repair goes smoothly and is done well!

Got a phone call this afternoon from a DS who said he had bad news--- when they detailed the car today they discovered that the hood of the car (is it still called a hood on a Tesla?) must have been hit by gravel/rocks in transit and had some paint chips and a small dent. They were super apologetic and said they will arrange for the car to go to the body shop and get repaired. I went to the service center expecting the worst and was surprised to see that it wasn't so bad. Honestly, if you weren't looking for it, you probably wouldn't notice it. Two minor chips on the edge of the frunk top and a tiny dent. Otherwise car looked great. Took delivery and the DS spent a good 90 minutes walking me through everything about the car. Did have a fun drive home. Unfortunately will have to give up the car for 3 days next week to get the work done.

Will post some photos tomorrow or over the weekend.