Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats cablue and that is a nice pair of MS'!!!

Together at last!

Love this CAblue!

Does the 60 have the alacantra headliner?
Any other subtleties in difference between the two?
Thanks! The 60 does not have the alacantra headliner. We really don't notice much difference between the 60 and 85, other than the extra miles. Both cars are incredible, as you know. I do know this, the music is better in my car!:biggrin:

As far as choosing between a 60 and 85, I would definitely recommend getting the 85 if one is able to do so. We went with the 60 first, which is perfectly good for us 99% of the time. As one poster mentioned, using another car for that rare time a longer distance trip comes up makes sense. But, there were times after getting the 60 that we wished we had gotten the 85. Once you drive this, it's hard to choose another car for a trip when you know what you have in the Tesla. Therefore, when we later decided to get another Tesla for me - for my birthday gift (such a nice husband!) - we knew we wanted the 85 this time. We live in the Sacramento area, and just going to the bay area or to Tahoe, it's just far enough that having the 85 makes it easier to do, less range anxiety.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats cablue and that is a nice pair of MS'!!!
Thanks!

“Hers=85kw His=60kw” a modern family or a guy not afraid to let his wife show a little muscle:wink:
Haha! He knows a happy wife is a happy life! :biggrin:

Ok, just got my VIN, the same day I confirmed my order:

6/15 Reservation made
6/17 Confirmed & sent to factory
6/17 VIN posted in My Tesla: #155xx

Wow, I got my VIN number on 06/12/13 and it was 145xx a week later and the VIN jump to 155xx. Has Tesla been selling that many car the last week or so?

- - - Updated - - -

The same day VIN is great, but I can't help noticing the underlined.

That is 1000 cars ordered in one week. I should buy more Tesla stock. :)

Even though Tesla can only realize revenue on cars that have been delivered by 6/30, I can say that it appears that production is ramping up significantly. I confirmed my order on 6/7, and got my VIN# 1383X the next day, 6/8. Mine *might* be delivered before 6/30, but is currently "early July". By the end of this week the VIN# will be close to 158xx, meaning 2,000 VINS had been assigned in two weeks. Wow. Right now wall street is estimating 4,500 cars delivered in Qtr2, but it looks like Tesla will crush that (5,500? 6000?) and may top gross margin estimates as the P85 and P85+ models are getting pushed through quickly (including mine).

MY CAR IS BORN! My app just changed status to "mobile app access is off".

Now I'm excited! Ok, for those who have reached this process, how long til my car is in Dania Beach Florida for pickup?

Soon!

I called my DS the day after I got the "mobile app access is off" message and was informed that my car had already left the factory and was on a truck heading east. This was last Thursday and the car showed up at the service center yesterday. I am picking it up on Thursday, but could have gotten it today or tomorrow if I wanted to.

Soon!

I called my DS the day after I got the "mobile app access is off" message and was informed that my car had already left the factory and was on a truck heading east. This was last Thursday and the car showed up at the service center yesterday. I am picking it up on Thursday, but could have gotten it today or tomorrow if I wanted to.
As I'm sure you can relate, my excitement is through the roof now. Funny that my Panamera that I'm trading just had the driver side air conditioning go caput. Good timing I guess.

Soon!

WHY DON'T YOU WANT TO?!? Lol

Took delivery yesterday! Finally found time to post instead of drive since we dropped it off to get paint protection and tint. Thanks to everyone at tesla for helping figure out how to handle our unique situation and holding the car off for us while we were deployed. Thanks also for going the extra mile to attempt to solve issues at arise wi being military and not being a resident of the state we live in! The car is amazing and looks gorgeous. The one thought I keep having is how regardless of the fact it's electric, there are so many features that other automakers could have thought of but didn't. How have they fallen so far behind the available technology? Is it purely just slow playing the consumer?

Highest Model S Assigned or Delivered VIN = 15,500 June 18, 2013

Did anyone see VINs between, say, 145xx and 155xx? Maybe they skipped a block for the Euro cars or something, since HP832 got 145xx on 6/12 and I got 1550x on 6/17.

60kWh Model S | Black w/ Black Leather and Piano Trim | Tech and Pano | VIN 1550X
Reserved 6/14/13 | Finalized 6/16/13 | VIN 6/17/13 | Est Delivery Late July | Delivery Button TBD | Delivery Window TBD | Delivery TBD

Highest Model S Assigned or Delivered VIN = 15,500 June 18, 2013

Did anyone see VINs between, say, 145xx and 155xx? Maybe they skipped a block for the Euro cars or something, since HP832 got 145xx on 6/12 and I got 1550x on 6/17.

60kWh Model S | Black w/ Black Leather and Piano Trim | Tech and Pano | VIN 1550X
Reserved 6/14/13 | Finalized 6/16/13 | VIN 6/17/13 | Est Delivery Late July | Delivery Button TBD | Delivery Window TBD | Delivery TBD

It is possible that the 1000 cars between our VIN will be ship over sea, since Tesla wants to get those cars shipped and cleared the book early in Q3. That way they can have time to fix any problems, if there are delay or hiccup in shipping those cars to Norway & other places.

BTW, I have just got my delivery button for July 3-17 :) That is about 3-4 weeks from now. :)