Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I swear I get more info on here than I do from my DS. My VIN 16397, is 80-100 roughly units sooner than phat78boy, so that tells me most likely before 8/8, and roughly 200-250 after nirvanaman's who is picking up this Saturday (5/21, I'm guessing), so I guess that puts me on track for 5/21-8/8, so let's call it 7/29. Hopefully that's right on cue to when I get my car.

I swear I get more info on here than I do from my DS. My VIN 16397, is 80-100 roughly units sooner than phat78boy, so that tells me most likely before 8/8, and roughly 200-250 after nirvanaman's who is picking up this Saturday (5/21, I'm guessing), so I guess that puts me on track for 5/21-8/8, so let's call it 7/29. Hopefully that's right on cue to when I get my car.

I've got vin 16215 and the Tesla web site shows in production and I'm expecting delivery later this month. With any luck it will be really late this month because I'm waiting on a shed to be delivered so I can clean 20 years worth of junk out of my garage.

FWIW it doesn't appear that deliveries really happen in order. I'm 15639 and delivery is not expected until 7/26 (and has not be 100% confirmed) yet I saw someone with 157XX already taking delivery. I agree that I get more info here than my DS. Been waiting days from him for a response to my emails about some paperwork...

I'm 155xx and MyTesla changed on Tuesday to "In Production" I'm expecting delivery mid-August, per DS, although the site says late July, because it doesn't account for sailing time across the Pacific... =)

It's likely that while VIN#s are assigned sequentially by order, the production is based on cycles and orders are batched together based on common configuration.

DS emailed (after I reached out on another question) to say they are running behind and the car won't be in fact ready this Saturday despite the fact that we have already purchased our 1 way non-refundable plane tickets leaving tomorrow for our Saturday delivery. They offered to ship the car to LA sometime next week which defeats the point of flying up to do factory delivery and leaves me without a way home. Not too happy.

Doesn't seem like Factory delivery is a good option for out-of-towners with busy schedules.

I've got vin 16215 and the Tesla web site shows in production and I'm expecting delivery later this month. With any luck it will be really late this month because I'm waiting on a shed to be delivered so I can clean 20 years worth of junk out of my garage.

While I do not think I qualify as a 'horder', I now have a second shed up at work to accommodate stuff 'I need' to keep but had to get out of the garage so the Tesla could sleep there :wink:

***It is said the first step in a twelve step program is acknowledgement of your problem...Guess I only have 11 more steps!

DS emailed (after I reached out on another question) to say they are running behind and the car won't be in fact ready this Saturday despite the fact that we have already purchased our 1 way non-refundable plane tickets leaving tomorrow for our Saturday delivery.

Sorry to hear that, @nirvanaman. It was a good plan.

-------

Today my status page changed from "Your Model S is in production" to "Production complete. Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery". Yay! I haven't heard anything from my DS about possibly early pickup at Costa Mesa (still scheduled for Tue 7/23), but if the car makes onto the delivery truck tonight/tomorrow morning, then maybe just maybe I might be able to get it on Friday. :) Hopefully. :)

FWIW it doesn't appear that deliveries really happen in order. I'm 15639 and delivery is not expected until 7/26 (and has not be 100% confirmed) yet I saw someone with 157XX already taking delivery. I agree that I get more info here than my DS. Been waiting days from him for a response to my emails about some paperwork...

You've been waiting days for a response from your DS? Wow, if my DS hasn't replied in two hours, I'm on the phone calling every 20 mins like a stalker ex girlfriend.

- - - Updated - - -

DS emailed (after I reached out on another question) to say they are running behind and the car won't be in fact ready this Saturday despite the fact that we have already purchased our 1 way non-refundable plane tickets leaving tomorrow for our Saturday delivery. They offered to ship the car to LA sometime next week which defeats the point of flying up to do factory delivery and leaves me without a way home. Not too happy.

Doesn't seem like Factory delivery is a good option for out-of-towners with busy schedules.

Wow, that's terrible. Not like it matters now, but for short trips I always use Southwest, they don't charge me any change fees and they always let me change my tickets. Sorry to hear bro.

You've been waiting days for a response from your DS? Wow, if my DS hasn't replied in two hours, I'm on the phone calling every 20 mins like a stalker ex girlfriend.

I don't even have my DS's phone number - only his email address. I was able to get my questions answered today by calling the 877-79TESLA number but still haven't heard by from my DS even though my delivery is supposed to be 7/26, yet the person I spoke to today says the car won't be done until Monday 7/22. I'm a bit skeptical that it will make it from CA to NC by the 26th, but one can hope...

Thanks guys. Now I gotta decide do I cancel factory delivery and do local delivery at Costa Mesa or Torrance (see the tour some other time but miss out on the cool experience of actually getting the car there), put the car on hold for now for a couple months (not sure that is possible) or take a chance and rearrange all flights, meetings, and schedules hoping that the new Monday delivery date is more real.

Crap. I know, trivial problems, but still very disappointing after months of careful planning (and convincing of my nearly 9 month pregnant misses who was scheduled to join me in the adventure).

Delivered 2 weeks ago. Immediately took a family trip from Tempe, AZ to the factory in Fremont, CA and back again. Traveled though Yuma, San Diego, LA, Fremont, LA, Blythe, Prescott, Phoenix. 7 days trip. 2,300 miles. 1 Blink, 2 RV, 1 Tesla Store, and 5 Superchargers.

T1.jpg

T2.jpg

T3.jpg

T5.jpg

T4.jpg