Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beautiful! I too would not be happy with the scuff marks etc. Really bad first impression and I'm sure Elon would be horrified. :)
As for the frunk net - a few weeks ago I was in the showroom and asked if it came with the car and they confirmed "No", it's an accessory.

Have fun with your new toy!! I should be picking mine up next Tuesday afternoon.

Peter.

Congrats! I would be sad about the dust and scuff marks, too. The net was definitely clearly listed as an option when I configured, I did not opt to purchase it myself. You shouldn't have any rattles or squeaks, have them check those. Mine is perfectly silent, even at 5,000 miles.

Even with all that, it sure is a beauty!

Took delivery of my Black 85kWh today. Super excited for the last few weeks - counting down the days - and now it's here. The delivery staff and tour were top notch and the experience is something I'll never forget. Drove the car from Fremont to San Francisco. So fast, so smooth. Comfortable. Really happy on my first day.

But... Unfortunately there's a problem - under the fluorescent lights of the hotel valet area, I noticed a giant (paint?, bird?) splat just above the charging area. I checked in, soaked a soft napkin in water, and went back down and tried to rub it softly, then harder. No luck! The splat I think is UNDER the paint? I don't know...? I'm posting the picture here to see if anyone knows what I should do here? Any advice?
Thanks,

Brett

Happy Delivery Guy
P1020751.jpg
P1020756.jpg

My new car in the middle!
Which would you rather?
P1020765-2.jpg

Splat!
P1020770.jpg

Last edited:
Took delivery of my Black 85kWh today. Super excited for the last few weeks - counting down the days - and now it's here. The delivery staff and tour were top notch and the experience is something I'll never forget. Drove the car from Fremont to San Francisco. So fast, so smooth. Comfortable. Really happy on my first day.

But... Unfortunately there's a problem - under the fluorescent lights of the hotel valet area, I noticed a giant (paint?, bird?) splat just above the charging area. I checked in, soaked a soft napkin in water, and went back down and tried to rub it softly, then harder. No luck! The splat I think is UNDER the paint? I don't know...? I'm posting the picture here to see if anyone knows what I should do here? Any advice?
Thanks,

Brett

Happy Delivery Guy

My new car in the middle!
Which would you rather?

Splat!

Congrats!! Looks great. That is bizarre on the paint issue. Let us know what they say.

Good news. Splat-be-gone. I took it to the Tesla service center in San Rafael. Matt and Ron were very helpful. Ron took it to a detail shop down the street they work with, and they machine buffed it out. He thinks it was a big dirty water splash. It's gone. Looks great like it never happened! Ron was VERY helpful. Great first service experience.

Hey guys. I´m new here as I just placed my order.

Here are my specs and the process to date:

S85, pano, tech, blue/black leather, 19¨, fog, sensors, interior lighting, sound

Placed order on 8/28 and had an ¨October¨ delivery window.

8/30 got a call from inside sales that they had room on the truck for AZ delivery end of September ¨if I was interested¨. That would be an affirmative.
8/31 email from my DS with a delivery date and time of 9/28 at 11:00 AM - exactly 4 weeks from today! She gave me my VIN: 21591

Really excited to join the club!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys. I´m new here as I just placed my order.

Here are my specs and the process to date:

S85, pano, tech, blue/black leather, 19¨, fog, sensors, interior lighting, sound

Placed order on 8/28 and had an ¨October¨ delivery window.

8/30 got a call from inside sales that they had room on the truck for AZ delivery end of September ¨if I was interested¨. That would be an affirmative.
8/31 email from my DS with a delivery date and time of 9/28 at 11:00 AM - exactly 4 weeks from today! She gave me my VIN: 21591

Really excited to join the club!
Congrats, what exceptional choices! (See below)

Hi everyone, excited to be a "soon to be" Tesla Owner... here's the update on the process so far:

85kWh | Grey Metallic w/black Leather |Carbon Fiber Decor | 21" Turbine Grey Wheels | Pano | Tech Pkg | Sound Studio | Fog Lights | Parking Sensors | w/supercharging | Ordered: 8/18 | Finalized 8/19 | VIN #20975 | Delivery: Tentative 9/23 @ Factory

For some reason I didn't get the VIN for almost a week, while I read of others getting it within hours or a day of ordering, and getting contacted by DS right away. This prompted me to call Tesla 3 times, finally got a VIN, it was way out of sequence from others on this forum who ordered around the say day as me. They told me I had a DS but I never heard from her, then Friday, I got an email from another person, ask him to call me, which he did right away, he explained they switched DS's, and he brought me up to speed on the delivery, and I received the tentative date of 9/23, 2 weeks after I ordered.

One concern I have is that I did the pre-approval for Tesla financing the day I ordered, now they say it's on;y valid for 30 days, and I don't want to have to re-apply and get another credit inquiry on record... so far looks like it might work out ok.

Hi everyone, excited to be a "soon to be" Tesla Owner... here's the update on the process so far:

85kWh | Grey Metallic w/black Leather |Carbon Fiber Decor | 21" Turbine Grey Wheels | Pano | Tech Pkg | Sound Studio | Fog Lights | Parking Sensors | w/supercharging | Ordered: 8/18 | Finalized 8/19 | VIN #20975 | Delivery: Tentative 9/23 @ Factory

For some reason I didn't get the VIN for almost a week, while I read of others getting it within hours or a day of ordering, and getting contacted by DS right away. This prompted me to call Tesla 3 times, finally got a VIN, it was way out of sequence from others on this forum who ordered around the say day as me. They told me I had a DS but I never heard from her, then Friday, I got an email from another person, ask him to call me, which he did right away, he explained they switched DS's, and he brought me up to speed on the delivery, and I received the tentative date of 9/23, 2 weeks after I ordered.

One concern I have is that I did the pre-approval for Tesla financing the day I ordered, now they say it's on;y valid for 30 days, and I don't want to have to re-apply and get another credit inquiry on record... so far looks like it might work out ok.

What is your approximate VIN, out of curiosity?

I have a similar situation going on where some people seem to have heard from their DSes quickly and I have not heard a peep from mine. I am in Bellevue so I contacted the Bellevue Service center and they referred me. however, I have not heard back in response to several emails that I have sent. My delivery date says "September" and I am trying to determine when to apply for financing--want to lock as early as possible, but not too soon. I'll probably wait a couple more days and then contact Tesla HQ.

Super excited for my car, which is:

85kWh, Green Metallic with tan leather, Obeche Gloss, 19", tech package, parking sensors, paint armor, rear trunk cover.