Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status changed to Production Complete this afternoon. Am I still looking at 2 additional weeks before delivery in Georgia?

Hey Cheerose - congrats! I'm in Georgia as well and my P85 completed the same day as yours. Looks like our cars will be making the coast-to-coast trip together. From the sounds of it, my original 9/27 delivery appointment may get moved up. Have you heard anything from your DS?

Finally picked up my long-awaited multi-coat red S60 this afternoon from the Tesla Service Center in Villa Park, IL.

A few notes:
1. It has the 5.0 firmware.
2. The XM radio would only play in preview mode - they said it was a glitch in the new firmware and would have to push something out to fix it.
3. I had some minor paint defects on the rear passenger-side quarter panel, most likely due to wrapper adhesive residue. They're going to take care of those the next time I bring it in, as I couldn't wait today.
4. The nav/map was glitchy at best - it had a really hard time accurately locating us and at one point the map started spinning around and around. No, I wasn't doing donuts (yet). Yes, I do have video.
5. The side mirrors seem oddly far away from the body of the car - I find myself looking at the inside painted surface of the passenger mirror rather than the actual mirrored surface.
6. This vehicle is awesome.

Ready to head home..JPG

Finally picked up my long-awaited multi-coat red S60 this afternoon from the Tesla Service Center in Villa Park, IL.

A few notes:
1. It has the 5.0 firmware.
2. The XM radio would only play in preview mode - they said it was a glitch in the new firmware and would have to push something out to fix it.
3. I had some minor paint defects on the rear passenger-side quarter panel, most likely due to wrapper adhesive residue. They're going to take care of those the next time I bring it in, as I couldn't wait today.
4. The nav/map was glitchy at best - it had a really hard time accurately locating us and at one point the map started spinning around and around. No, I wasn't doing donuts (yet). Yes, I do have video.
5. The side mirrors seem oddly far away from the body of the car - I find myself looking at the inside painted surface of the passenger mirror rather than the actual mirrored surface.
6. This vehicle is awesome.

View attachment 30491
Nice. Have fun. Map in 5.0 can be a bit 'funky', especially if you have weak 3G signal.

First--congrats! Looking very nice.

Regarding the maps, that's disappointing to hear, as it seems to be a known problem. I certainly hope they push that new release to fix very soon. Hard to use GPS if it's spinning.

Enjoy and just in time for the weekend :biggrin:

Went into production same day as yours!

Just now shows complete!

WHOA!!!

Strange same 'production day' but my VIN is 218xx--way higher than your's.

Now I'm going to go crazy, as mine is 'still in production' building your Tesla, yada, yada. :-(

Oh well, it was a week early into production, so no biggie.

Maybe it will hurry up and be on same carrier as yours to Texas (of course they come through Austin first LOL!!)

Last edited:
S Happens!! :tongue:
WHOA!!!

Strange same 'production day' but my VIN is 218xx--way higher than your's.

Now I'm going to go crazy, as mine is 'still in production' building your Tesla, yada, yada. :-(

Oh well, it was a week early into production, so no biggie.

Maybe it will hurry up and be on same carrier as yours to Texas (of course they come through Austin first LOL!!)