Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Design Studio has had a permanent tab open in my browser for the past month or so. :)
Your config looks vaguely familiar...everything you have that I don't wasn't an option when I ordered, except the parcel shelf and I decided I would never use it since I really never store anything in my car.

I sometimes wish I had gone for gray leather, though. The black is great and I prefer no two tone dash, but I have had black leather in my last 5 cars so a change might have been nice. Most of the time I'm glad I don't worry about keeping it looking clean like I would with gray!

You should just order already, you cannot imagine the sheer joy this thing is to drive! I ordered without ever even seeing one in person, much less drive one. And that made it even more awesome when I took delivery.

Well, she's finally here and she's a beauty.
Few quick iPhone pics from the delivery earlier today.
Getting the windows tinted on Tuesday and Opti Coat on Thursday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    670.6 KB · Views: 457
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    937.1 KB · Views: 434
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    650.6 KB · Views: 434
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    479.1 KB · Views: 432
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 436
Well, she's finally here and she's a beauty.
Few quick iPhone pics from the delivery earlier today.
Getting the windows tinted on Tuesday and Opti Coat on Thursday.

Congrats! come join us at our next OC meet with the new car.

- - - Updated - - -

Picked it up today. Amazing!! Bad ass looking car! It was getting dark by the time I got home, will have better pics later. Getting the windows tinted tomorrow. Then XPEL on Thursday.

and congrats to you! and it is a bad ass car.

Wow, beautiful car - both of you - congratulations! Must be great to finally have it home..

I went with the blue as well - it's this unusual color that sometimes looks black, and then surprises you with a glint of deepest midnight blue. I went with the tan interior, but I bet the gray looks great as well. Mine arrives a week from wednesday.

Still puzzling over how to keep it clean (my last car was silver, and I almost never had to wash it). Talked to a SF bay area detailer today who does Opticoat Pro, which I've read about in other threads here, and it sounds almost too good to be true. Scheduled a time to go for it the week after I get it. Let us know how yours turns out get_amped!

HUGE CONGRATS guys!

get amped those 21" are sooooo good looking! Beautiful color choices as well! Enjoy her!

VIP blk/blk is going to look so good in the sun! VERY exciting!

Wonder how many times both of you went to the garage last night just to stare at your beautiful cars!

Sat in the car for about 45 minutes while in the garage last night. It is such a bigger car than I remember test driving but getting use to very quickly. I put on 150 miles today. Drove my son to school in the rear facing seats. Every time I pushed the GO pedal I would hear a "weeeee" from the back!! :)
Got a few thumbs up while driving. Got the windows tinted and they look nice. Was told that I shouldn't roll down the windows for 48 hours. Kind of sucked as I could see people wanted me to stop and talk but I couldn't roll down my windows. Oh well I am pretty sure there will be other opportunities!
Range anxiety is going away slowly.
Getting the 22ple and XPEL this Thursday can't wait to see what it looks like afterwards!
Noticed they put the Goodyears on instead of the Michelin, will need to have them change it out.

Shom in Tesla.jpg

It's "Tesla Eve". Delivery tomorrow at 2pm. I live in Tampa, and for my last two cars (2002 Lexus SC430 and 2009 Porsche 911 S Cabriolet) I have had a little traditional break-in drive over the Sunshine Skyway bridge while blasting U-2 "It's a Beautiful Day." Tomorrow afternoon will be the same. High speed going up the span and regen going down.

gonna be a restless night tonight!!!!

It's "Tesla Eve". Delivery tomorrow at 2pm. I live in Tampa, and for my last two cars (2002 Lexus SC430 and 2009 Porsche 911 S Cabriolet) I have had a little traditional break-in drive over the Sunshine Skyway bridge while blasting U-2 "It's a Beautiful Day." Tomorrow afternoon will be the same. High speed going up the span and regen going down.

gonna be a restless night tonight!!!!

Awesome Steve--can't wait for pics!

Last night I got the Docusign documents via email and opened it up excitedly to have a look. First thing I noticed was that my car's configuration did not have the pano roof, it was listed as body colour roof. Oh no.

I left a voicemail for my DS and then got in touch this morning. My car is built and complete and already on the way but it seems there was some sort of error and even though I had the pano roof selected when I confirmed my order it didn't get built that way.

We think this is what happened. A day or two after I confirmed my order I phoned up and spoke with somebody to change the colour from black to blue. Since it was not in production yet they put the colour change request in and it went through later that day and I saw the colour change on My Tesla dashboard. Later that night, I told my wife that I had changed the colour. This did not go over so well - she really had her mind set on black - so the next day I phoned back to reset it back to black. A few days later it switched to In Production and the picture was showing black and all seemed well until yesterday when I see on the final invoice that the pano roof is no longer there. So after speaking with my DS we think there was some mistake made when I was switching the colour and somebody accidentally removed the roof option as well and it went into production that way.

So now I'm waiting for this car to arrive in a day or two that's not the correct build. I can go check it out and look at it but I really don't think I want to take a car without the pano roof. It was one of our favourite features and I can't imagine having the car without it. So the car will have to get sent back. My DS is going to send me a list of cars in the inventory and if there are any that match my config (or close enough that I don't mind) I may be able to get one of them shipped up. Otherwise they have to do a rebuild and I'll be waiting another 4 weeks minimum to get my car.

This has totally ruined my day. Delivery was supposed to be Sept 23rd. We've booked a place up in Whistler the following weekend and were planning on driving up with some friends for the weekend. Now I don't know what's going to happen.

So sad about this mixup. Let this be a lesson - be very careful if you phone up to change your options after you've confirmed!