Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wooo Hooo

DS just called--finished today, on a truck tomorrow. Oh momma!!!!

Ordered 9/1 - Completed 9/17 - On Truck 9/18 - Pure Joy 9/21

Party_zps4b93970c.gif

Last edited:
Yours is pretty much the same as mine, except I opted for the 21" wheels (grey)... so Awesome config !!! :)
I am hoping I am on track for 9/24 delivery at Factory, DS tells me it might be a couple of days early.

- - - Updated - - -

Just got the email from my DS VIN 22700 delivery is scheduled for Oct 12 at the factory. (VIN was assigned on 9/11). It's a Gray P85, black inside, carbon trim, tech, pano, air, 19" wheels, fog, parking, studio sound (really needed sat radio).

Ops, should of quoted it...
Yours is pretty much the same as mine, except I opted for the 21" wheels (grey)... so Awesome config !!! :)
I am hoping I am on track for 9/24 delivery at Factory, DS tells me it might be a couple of days early.

Picked up my P85 today. Left the Tampa, Florida service center around 4pm. Just got home (now 9pm). And I live about 10 miles from the service center. I took the long way home.

All I can say is I am psyched! Also glad there was no law enforcement on the bridge I crossed - would have been a large ticket.

One interesting surprise was the sound system. I am very much into music and have a fairly high end audio system at home. I previously drove a Porsche 911s convertible. Fast and nimble, but really loud inside. I didn't realize how much I had missed my audio until today when I was burning kwh at a very high rate while screaming over the Sunshine Skyway Bridge with U-2 blasting (at 11, of course) and all I could hear was music.

truly was "A Beautiful Day".................

Picked up my P85 today. Left the Tampa, Florida service center around 4pm. Just got home (now 9pm). And I live about 10 miles from the service center. I took the long way home.

All I can say is I am psyched! Also glad there was no law enforcement on the bridge I crossed - would have been a large ticket.

One interesting surprise was the sound system. I am very much into music and have a fairly high end audio system at home. I previously drove a Porsche 911s convertible. Fast and nimble, but really loud inside. I didn't realize how much I had missed my audio until today when I was burning kwh at a very high rate while screaming over the Sunshine Skyway Bridge with U-2 blasting (at 11, of course) and all I could hear was music.

PICS!!!

Picked up my P85 today. Left the Tampa, Florida service center around 4pm. Just got home (now 9pm). And I live about 10 miles from the service center. I took the long way home.

Congrats, I left the office around 5pm today and did imagine you on the bridge so I listened to "A Beautiful Day" crossing the Gandy bridge as a show of solidarity. In traffic. Max speed I got to was about 50 :mad:. Here's to hoping your experience was so much better!

Congrats to Texex91, guellis, Right_Said_Fred, rewski, Jruss56880 (and anyone I missed taking delivery this month)! Melatonin for sleeping until delivery, trust me!

I would have done pix, but had to keep both hands on the wheel! All I can say is the red is a beautiful color. Not the nice dark red of the Signature model, but also not obnoxious. My wife even reversed her prior veto!

Take pics now--no hands on wheel required. Those of us waiting want to see it!

___

Thanks Btrfly. Flying to Houston tomorrow to see Depeche--I knew you'd like that!

Last night I got the Docusign documents via email and opened it up excitedly to have a look. First thing I noticed was that my car's configuration did not have the pano roof, it was listed as body colour roof. Oh no.

I left a voicemail for my DS and then got in touch this morning. My car is built and complete and already on the way but it seems there was some sort of error and even though I had the pano roof selected when I confirmed my order it didn't get built that way.

We think this is what happened. A day or two after I confirmed my order I phoned up and spoke with somebody to change the colour from black to blue. Since it was not in production yet they put the colour change request in and it went through later that day and I saw the colour change on My Tesla dashboard. Later that night, I told my wife that I had changed the colour. This did not go over so well - she really had her mind set on black - so the next day I phoned back to reset it back to black. A few days later it switched to In Production and the picture was showing black and all seemed well until yesterday when I see on the final invoice that the pano roof is no longer there. So after speaking with my DS we think there was some mistake made when I was switching the colour and somebody accidentally removed the roof option as well and it went into production that way.

So now I'm waiting for this car to arrive in a day or two that's not the correct build. I can go check it out and look at it but I really don't think I want to take a car without the pano roof. It was one of our favourite features and I can't imagine having the car without it. So the car will have to get sent back. My DS is going to send me a list of cars in the inventory and if there are any that match my config (or close enough that I don't mind) I may be able to get one of them shipped up. Otherwise they have to do a rebuild and I'll be waiting another 4 weeks minimum to get my car.

This has totally ruined my day. Delivery was supposed to be Sept 23rd. We've booked a place up in Whistler the following weekend and were planning on driving up with some friends for the weekend. Now I don't know what's going to happen.

So sad about this mixup. Let this be a lesson - be very careful if you phone up to change your options after you've confirmed!

Whoa party pooper--hang on.

Since you have technically paid for your car, get the service center to give you a demo for that weekend--and place the order for your new one. I know it's not yours, but it will take care of not having to cancel plans. Just a thought....

I'll throw out one more the glass is half full.

See if you can live without Pano when it arrives. If yes for a while, then upgrade to a P down the road later next year. Seems like a lot of people are upgrading to P.

Either way--only you can make the decision--but your bday doesn't need to suffer--you can take another car (as painful as it might be).

Happy Birthday BTW.

So the car arrived today and I got to go check it out. Definitely want the pano roof like I originally configured so we'll be putting in a new order. Hopefully it can get priority and go immediately into production. If things go really well I could have the right car in three weeks. Sucks to have to go through all the waiting again but it's for the best since I plan on keeping this car for many years and would have always been sad about the roof.

Texex91 looks like you may be right - after I told them about my birthday next week and trip booked for the weekend and they're going to see about giving me one of the loaners for the weekend as long as one is available which will be awesome. Sounds like the car which was meant to be mine may stay in Vancouver as a loaner too, so I may end up still driving that one just for this weekend trip. It's great that they're trying to help out so much.

And for the record, I confirmed my order August 18 and car showed up Sept 17, just 30 days later, which is great for a S85. Seems like they're really ramping up production in the last month or so.

Last edited:
Tex, I was hoping you could hit a thousand posts before your car arrives! Running out of time now.
The car is simply arriving too fast. ;)

Just wait until the final 48 hours.

Indeed! A record number of posts probably in such a short time and now a record order-to-delivery time!

Congrats, texex! To quote Depeche, very soon, you "Just Can't Get Enough" and "Enjoy The Silence"!