Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome LASpark. Mine still says in production but since both our cars entered production the same day mine should be completed no later than tomorrow morning. They'll probably be on the same truck down to CM!

Atlantian - just curious how you are VIN 22981 when you confirmed 5 days before me? Also curious as to how you got into production that fast for an S85? What TSLA gods did you appease to go that fast.

Sticky: Model S Delivery Update
Started by joefee, 07-27-2012 04:20 PM

Replies: 5,845
Views: 1,000,738

9-26-2013 10:57 AM

WOW >>>>> Over 1M page views! >>>>>

Thanks to Tim Dorr for his early spreadsheet work and to michiganmodels for keeping the current ViN’s up to date. Most importantly, thanks to all those TMC users who posted their MS delivery data. What a ride it’s been :biggrin:

JoeFee

Atlantian - just curious how you are VIN 22981 when you confirmed 5 days before me? Also curious as to how you got into production that fast for an S85? What TSLA gods did you appease to go that fast.

Maybe I just got in the same batch as similar configurations. ;-) I'm not going to complain! Although, My Tesla is still reporting that it is still in production. It has been in this status for the last 6 business days. I did email my DS yesterday and he said the car was in the production phase of having the dashboard and the seats installed. I'm hoping it is finished soon and the Monday, 9/30 delivery date stands.

My car was shown as completed on Tuesday night, and delivery was set for noon on 9/30. I called the DS today in Costa Mesa just to ask for a progress report. He said, "Well we have your car now, let me see what I can do". He came back on the phone and said a delivery appointment slot had just opened up for Friday (tomorrow) at 10am! I said I would have no trouble making it...

My car was shown as completed on Tuesday night, and delivery was set for noon on 9/30. I called the DS today in Costa Mesa just to ask for a progress report. He said, "Well we have your car now, let me see what I can do". He came back on the phone and said a delivery appointment slot had just opened up for Friday (tomorrow) at 10am! I said I would have no trouble making it...

Awesome LASpark. You're going to have a heck of a nice weekend! :)

Hmm. Friday morning Tesla delivery? I hear a *cough*cough* 'virus' kicking up that will keep you from going to work tomorrow! Have a fabulous weekend!

Nice! Congrats... Looking forward to seeing some pics!

Curious, why are you picking up in Costa Mesa if you are in LA?

Congrats and Happy driving (the 405)!!

Dang. They seem to really be cranking them out. That's a good thing. :)
It certainly is as long as their quality control is good. Will be a nice Q3 surprise. It shows TM will be able to eventually ramp up to an effective production rate of 40K cars/year. This is the stated goal for 2014. It appears that they will probably try for 10K per quarter in Q4.

As an aside. I thought my wait of 3 months was long. Today, the US wait is measured in weeks. The early adopter wait was measured in years.

Contacted my DS today who said my vehicle has been loaded on the truck and should arrive at the Bellevue Service Center Saturday night - so sticking with Sunday AM delivery. Maybe they'll surprise me... :smile: I'll have the vehicle less than 24 hours before turning over to Metro Detail for a full body wrap, which takes 5 days. So my baby won't really be mine for another week and a day. Figured I better not hestitate on the wrap otherwise might not ever let it leave my sight.

Today I visited an auto broker my DS recommended, to sell my current auto (2012 Acura ILX Hybrid). With a matter of minutes we arrived at a fair price, they wrote me a check for the full amount and I drove my Acura back home, to use until the Sunday AM Tesla delivery. Another cool Tesla-related experience.

What part of the VIN number should I post here, for the folks tracking such info?