Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suppose that's the last we'll here of you today unless you pull over and use the web browser on your new S.

Well everyone, I had her for 30 mins before I had to leave it at Metro's detail to have the wrap put on. It was hard not to just head home. As we, my wife and I, were in route to the detail shop, she suddenly turned to me and with a genuine look on her face, she said "Hey did they get you a full tank of gas." I just stared at her because I thought she was kidding. Then I smiled and she said, "oh my god" and started laughing. Then I said, "I don't need that stuff anymore." I get my MS back on Friday, I having a full wrap done. Pix to follow.

When was you order placed? I changed from X to S today. They say 2-3 months.

I ordered on 12 Oct, so it took 2 months 1 week of waiting and waiting and.......:smile:

- - - Updated - - -

Why wrap them? The paint on these is gorgeous!

I agree, the paint is beautiful. I got the full clear XPEL wrap, I don't want to cover that bright clear white face. I got it for the protection.

My vin is 28467 but I elected to get it produced/delivered in January so it would be officially a 2014 model year.

I have been given a preliminary deliver date of January 19.

@bazer, since you are a Q1 delivery, do you mind posting your details to this other thread, so we can add you to the Q1 Order & Delivery Tracker?

Model S Order Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

BTW, my Model S should arrive in late Jan, supposedly by 25-Jan.

Still waiting for those pics :)

I got my VIN today - first change of status since my order so was pretty exciting. I'm still doing some research in what wraps are available here and how much etc.
Congrats on getting your VIN. Ah, memories.I remember the day mine showed up in the phone app. I nearly fell off my chair! No one else really understands how exciting that is!

Congrats on getting your VIN. Ah, memories.I remember the day mine showed up in the phone app. I nearly fell off my chair! No one else really understands how exciting that is!

What do you mean showed up in the phone app? Our phone app wasn't working until about 3 hours after we left the service center with our car. We had to flip the switch on the car and all the paperwork had to be processed to make it work.

Thanks!
You mean no one who hasn't ordered a tesla right?
This is a unique experience for me. I've been excited about buying cars before but between the uniqueness of the car, the camaraderie of tesla owners being part of something relatively new and unique, and the dashboard approach that allows you to follow the progress of the car, this is a prtty great (though long) process. Maybe the drawn out anticipation of having to wait for several weeks emphasizes it too. Can't imagine how the early adopters managed :)

What do you mean showed up in the phone app? Our phone app wasn't working until about 3 hours after we left the service center with our car. We had to flip the switch on the car and all the paperwork had to be processed to make it work.
Yes, my VIN showed up in the phone app on 4/25, I picked up my car on 5/7. Until I took delivery it just said something like remote access wasn't enabled, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!
You mean no one who hasn't ordered a tesla right?
This is a unique experience for me. I've been excited about buying cars before but between the uniqueness of the car, the camaraderie of tesla owners being part of something relatively new and unique, and the dashboard approach that allows you to follow the progress of the car, this is a prtty great (though long) process. Maybe the drawn out anticipation of having to wait for several weeks emphasizes it too. Can't imagine how the early adopters managed :)
Exactly, only someone who has been through the Tesla ordering experience could possibly understand.

Funny, I went back through this very thread to find where I had posted about getting my VIN in the phone app. I read a few of my posts the couple of days leading up to my delivery date. It was pretty funny reading my own words from that time, I sounded like a crazed lunatic. And in real life I'm only a half crazed lunatic.

All of us that picked blue are more than half crazed in real life. :biggrin: I remember your pre delivery posts very well. You were sooooo excited.
I was ridiculously excited. It was fun reading through those old posts, though... you, me, Scaesare, jomo25, rlang59, and a bunch of others all getting our cars within just a week or so of each other. Good times.

Now I'm 11,000 miles in, and still appreciating what this car can do. Last night I left work late, needed to pick up two ingredients for dinner and was a little stressed about getting dinner on the table at a decent time (I hate to eat late). While sitting in traffic, I pulled up the recipe online on the 17" screen so I could easily read it, called home using the car's Bluetooth, and gave my bf directions to start the process while I was en route to save time. Oh, and I got home super fast, too! Still loving this thing...