Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, but I was able to solve the horn problem. With a little effort, I can solve the yoke problem. Have a lots of flight time with yokes, but never backed in a parking space 😁

Keep in mind, driving a manual in the twisties, one hand was often doing something else...

Another reason I keep my old car is I never need to lock it, cause who drives a manual these days?

Maybe thieves will be scared of the yoke and lack of stalks too.
I want a stick and only one wheel in the back!!!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I think the "hate" is a product of being really enthusiastic about the car while simultaneously being ignored by the company selling said car.

We have people here that had a contract to buy a car, only to be told by Tesla they will not honor that contract, but if they want to spend more money, they can order the new model.

We have a CEO that said deliveries start in February, then that slid to March April May June with no information about why for months.

Then there are the people who ordered a Plaid+, only to find out that car was vaporware.

After all of that, the little things started to add up:

The silver rims were changed to black. Whether you like the new ones or not, a contract was made to purchase a car, and then the items it comes with were changed.

Estimated delivery dates have been changing randomly throughout.

The range promised was adjusted down to 405 for LR.

The tilt screen may or may not still exist.

ANC is not functional and no one knows why.

Then there is the logistical issues of people waiting more than half a year getting passed over on deliveries simply because of package combinations. And there was no way to know this when choosing the vehicle.

Now, I have not been complaining for the most part, but for those who are, I am sympathetic to the loss of patience and frustration with this experience. If you are not mad at what has been happening, great for you. But the world NEEDS people who do not accept what is being handed to them. Those are the ones who raise the bar and force a better experience/product/value. Don't dismiss them and say they should just cancel their order. That "love it or leave it" mentality did nothing to improve our country, and it will do nothing to fix what is wrong with Tesla. They make great products, but right now there is a valid reason to be critical of how they have handled their customers concerns, questions, and reservations.
Could not have said it better myself. Does the purchase come with a survey after delivery?

Just read the whole MotorTrend bit. The last part really hits home for me.

"It's remarkably well rounded, exhibiting a combination of comfort, luxury, performance, and efficiency that remained a sci-fi fantasy in 2013 when we named the Model S the MotorTrend Car of the Year. Regardless of how much you care about acceleration numbers and how they're achieved, perhaps the most important takeaway is that the Model S Plaid is absolutely among the best cars on the market today."

There was a lot of angst associated with ViNs and delivery in very late 2012 and the first half of 2013. All was forgiven once people had a chance to live with the new Model S. Here we know it can be done and we are not left guessing if the company will be around in a few years or, alternatively, we will be left with $100k orphans trying to put together a support network to keep'm going.

Instead, we have MotorTrend flat out telling us the new Plaid is "absolutely among the best cars on the market today.".
I know the company is frustrating. It's either engineers playing at business and not giving a tinker's damm about customers communication needs or it's the new way of doing business where customers are simply discounted provided you can out engineer/innovate absolutely everyone/thing around you. It's a changing world and I do not pretend to know which of those two (or any point in-between) is accurate. In total, my take is be patient and you will be rewarded (lower blood pressure for now and a large smile when your car shows up). Tesla has done it again and we are among the lucky few that get to play with their latest toy first.

Oh, Red with no other changes from base configuration. Told June when I converted from +. Just Blank.

Could not have said it better myself. Does the purchase come with a survey after delivery?

If Tesla gets me the car soon, I will move on and not bitch about them anymore. A survey will not do any good - they are well aware of all that is going on.

My wife said that in 1-2 years when I want a new Tesla, she will dig up my posts here and not let me do it. I told her by then Tesla will have learned and changed (right?).

It's gone!! Did anybody get a copy?

In other news, looked at every MotorTrend photo today. Does current Cheetah Mode get THIS LOW?! Maybe this is why it takes 10 seconds to activate.

The Plaid does seem to get lower compared to my 2020 Model S Performance in Cheetah Mode. Here's the Motortrend pic that you posted compared to my MSP

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.20.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 8.33.38 AM.png