Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Monkey is ****ing with me this morning. Yesterday went blank like some others. Woke up this morning- delivery estimate
June 29-June30. BUT NO VIN!! How’s that possible lol
Given mine is Plaid Red/White I doubt my delivery happens
Lol Exactly the same with me. Woke up to June 29-30 from being blank for a while :eek:

If Tesla gets me the car soon, I will move on and not bitch about them anymore. A survey will not do any good - they are well aware of all that is going on.

My wife said that in 1-2 years when I want a new Tesla, she will dig up my posts here and not let me do it. I told her by then Tesla will have learned and changed (right?).
You will know more on what to expect with the next Tesla. And you will most likely realize the wait was worth it.

The Plaid does seem to get lower compared to my 2020 Model S Performance in Cheetah Mode. Here's the Motortrend pic that you posted compared to my MSP

View attachment 674786

View attachment 674787
A few observations:

1. Yes the Plaid does seem lower in Cheetah Mode.
2. Interesting that the brake calipers are in a different position on the Plaid front discs than in your MSP.
3. Red brake calipers ABSOLUTELY look 100x better than the black! Geez...what was Elon thinking?

A few observations:

1. Yes the Plaid does seem lower in Cheetah Mode.
2. Interesting that the brake calipers are in a different position on the Plaid front discs than in your MSP.
3. Red brake calipers ABSOLUTELY look 100x better than the black! Geez...what was Elon thinking?
Don't forget the blue one has a yoke and let us know your thoughts... 😂

I also noticed your point number 2. What else did they change in there?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
OK, Dragy run without drag strip mode--bear in mind, slight downgrade, but what I had handy :)

IMG_4F384E90DAD0-1.jpeg

If you are in just Plaid mode, is that the optimal setting for say a 60-130 mph run?
You mean straight Plaid or Drag Strip mode without doing the Cheetah thing. I would think you want to be in Drag Strip mode so the pack is at temp and the cooling is in high gear, but I assume Cheetah mode is primarily to deal wiht the weight shift when you launch, so not that useful for a 60-130 run.

Could not have said it better myself. Does the purchase come with a survey after delivery?
It does, just be careful with the survey. The survey is use primarily as a measure of your local store, your SA, and whomever did your delivery, so if you rate them a "1" for communications, that will be interpreted as your SA did a poor job--which may be the case, just want to make sure folks understand what is being rated. There is a free text box at the end for your comments for HQ, etc. My local team was solid, and I saved my comments about the process and lack of comms for the text box.

Last edited:
OK, Dragy run without drag strip mode--bear in mind, slight downgrade, but what I had handy :)

View attachment 674706

You mean straight Plaid or Drag Strip mode without doing the Cheetah thing. I would think you want to be in Drag Strip mode so the pack is at temp and the cooling is in high gear, but I assume Cheetah mode is primarily to deal wiht the weight shift when you launch, so not that useful for a 60-130 run.

Pretty awesome times still! Not going to lose stop light races even if the Cheetah mode is not on...hahahah

Yes, thanks for answering my question. So when I am bench marking 60-130 I just need to make sure I am in drag strip mode. Got it, that was my exact question.

It does, just be careful with the survey. The survey is use primarily as a measure of your local store, your SA, and whomever did your delivery, so if you rate them a "1" for communications, that will be interpreted as your SA did a poor job--whihc may be the case, jsut want to make sure folks understand what is being rated. There is a free text box at the end for your comments for HQ, etc. My local team was solid, and I saved my comments about the process and lack of comms for the text box.
My SA has ghosted me for the past month. Maybe he quit?

• Funny
Reactions: HumanInput
Monkey is ****ing with me this morning. Yesterday went blank like some others. Woke up this morning- delivery estimate
June 29-June30. BUT NO VIN!! How’s that possible lol
Given mine is Plaid Red/White I doubt my delivery happens
Seems like our Red Plaid dates have been in lock step recently. I’m in Dallas. What part of Texas are you in? FWIW, Mine, which went Blank yesterday, is still blank this morning.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid