Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, when I see a clean black car, I respect the commitment. Usually, I see dirty ones. My last car was white. I kept it spotless, but even when I couldn't it looked great.

I chose red this time. White for 17 years means a change. MSM is too common, black is hard to keep clean, so it was blue or red. I have never seen a red MS around here, and I like having cars that are not seen often. I keep wondering if I should have gone blue, but I know I will love the red.

The short answer is - of course you should have gone with blue. 🤣

I have ordered a Dragy and I will try and post some LR details later this week. Hell, it ain’t a PlaId but gonna be fun seeing what it can do. I have had a couple of porsches, great cars but nowhere near 3.1... let the fun and games begin. i can’t believe I got a delivery date, I really thought I was in infinite limbo. Stay strong my friends, your cars are coming!
Porsche’s are great. One of my all time favorites. Crazy how the LR will give the new GT3 and anything below a run for its money (in a straight line). Can’t wait to see those dragy results 👍🏽

Because people keep asking about white interior, I added a tab (feel free to delete it @omarsultan) that shows everyone who lists white interior and has a VIN. There are four of us in total:
Cool

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Is anyone except for me wondering if the performance of the LR’s is such that Tesla is trying to push out as many Plaids as it can before people can make side-by-side comparisons before deciding whether the difference is worth $50K?
Highly doubt that. My mom's Model 3 is a Dual Motor Long range, but was built when they had the same exact motors as the Model 3 Performance. They nerfed these cars on purpose to differentiate them, and if they thought they were "too close" they'd just do this here as well. Perhaps they have. Their control of these systems allows them to differentiate dynamically and add things like "performance boost" on some cars after the fact. This wasn't an "oopsie".

So for us NE folk, I ordered 19s thinking they were all seasons. Like the stealth M3P. I feel like a moron not knowing that 19s are summer tires and I’ll need to spend probably 1k or more to get all seasons.

Any other people in my boat and considering getting 21s? I haven’t been contacted by anyone from Tesla HQ, asking to upgrade wheels like others here.
I called Tesla and asked to upgrade to 21".
I spoke with 3 people and got 3 different answers: 1. Upgrading would change my place in line 2. Upgrading would make me have to pay the extra 10,000$ in addition to 4500 upgrade 3. Upgrade would not affect anything if SA did it !!?!
I'll call again tomorrow and maybe get a fourth answer
Also none of the staff seemed to think that there was a delay for the 19"...

If you want to make your self feel better, or worse. See how your config compares to others vs. their order number. I'm FAR down the list with a March 3rd order date BUT, I'm the 3rd Blue Plaid on the list and the two above me have white interiors. Come on car! Still, If I get a VIN in the next two weeks it could cause issues. I'm closing on a house purchase and a house sale and spending this much on a car may complicate things lol Come on VIN in two weeks! lol

Last edited:
Yup, when I see a clean black car, I respect the commitment. Usually, I see dirty ones. My last car was white. I kept it spotless, but even when I couldn't it looked great.

I chose red this time. White for 17 years means a change. MSM is too common, black is hard to keep clean, so it was blue or red. I have never seen a red MS around here, and I like having cars that are not seen often. I keep wondering if I should have gone blue, but I know I will love the red.
The Red MC is awesome--love the MSM, but kinda miss the red

So for us NE folk, I ordered 19s thinking they were all seasons. Like the stealth M3P. I feel like a moron not knowing that 19s are summer tires and I’ll need to spend probably 1k or more to get all seasons.

Any other people in my boat and considering getting 21s? I haven’t been contacted by anyone from Tesla HQ, asking to upgrade wheels like others here.
I'm in Rhode Island. I did the opposite by ordering the 21's without knowing they were summer tires. Glad I did not switch back without knowing the 19's are also summer. I plan to suck it up and buy all weather tires to replace the summers, then swap back for the 6 months we can actually use them. Once the summer tires wear down, I will just stick with all weather.

I called Tesla and asked to upgrade to 21".
I spoke with 3 people and got 3 different answers: 1. Upgrading would change my place in line 2. Upgrading would make me have to pay the extra 10,000$ in addition to 4500 upgrade 3. Upgrade would not affect anything if SA did it !!?!
I'll call again tomorrow and maybe get a fourth answer
Also none of the staff seemed to think that there was a delay for the 19"...
Does #3 mean they would not charge anything more for 21s? i.e $4,500?

I had a difficult time making a decision on the Plaid VS LR. As some of you may remember, I added FSD to my LR order just to see if I could get it sooner even though I didn’t really want it. So, I was looking at a fully loaded LR coming in at $100K vs a Plaid coming in at $128k. I was able to convince myself that the Plaid without FSD might be worth $28K more than the LR with FSD, and definitely worth it if I could receive the Plaid several months earlier. I was fully expecting the Plaid to arrive first, and I was quite excited about taking delivery of the worlds fastest production car. I was definitely caught up in the excitement of thinking I would have a faster car than anything else available.

After canceling my FSD package today, the price difference between virtually identical cars minus 350 horsepower is $40,000. While I could easily afford the more expensive car without it impacting my lifestyle choices, I had a hard time rationalizing a $40,000 gap for what is essentially bragging rights. My Ludicrous P90D was the fastest car I have ever owned and I fully expect the LR to offer comparable performance. Every time I drove my Performance S, I was thrilled with the performance and I was never left with wanting for more. I live in Southern California and among 23 million people within 150 miles. Where would I ever appreciate the top end of the Plaid? I started thinking about all the additional things I could buy with the $40k and decided the LR was the smarter purchase for me personally.

For those of you going with the Plaid, I’m sure that 1020 HP will put a smile on your face everyday. Part of me will probably feel some regret every time I see a Plaid on the road, but I fully expect to be quite pleased with my LR. Hopefully, those of you getting the Plaid have more restraint than I do, because I don’t think I would have the willpower to control my right foot with the temptation of 1020 HP below it.

For those of you going with the Plaid, I’m sure that 1020 HP will put a smile on your face everyday. Part of me will probably feel some regret every time I see a Plaid on the road, but I fully expect to be quite pleased with my LR. Hopefully, those of you getting the Plaid have more restraint than I do, because I don’t think I would have the willpower to control my right foot with the temptation of 1020 HP below it.
3.1 seconds is what most people with super fast cars are working with. I will still have a hard time with self control, even in the LR.

I'm in Rhode Island. I did the opposite by ordering the 21's without knowing they were summer tires. Glad I did not switch back without knowing the 19's are also summer. I plan to suck it up and buy all weather tires to replace the summers, then swap back for the 6 months we can actually use them. Once the summer tires wear down, I will just stick with all weather.
My current car came with 20” rims which severely limited my tire choices. I bought 19” replica rims and was able to get what I wanted, which wasn’t available with 20” (all season run flats).