Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was torn on this also. If my delivery is October or November, do I tell Tesla to just hold off so I could get a 2022 Model S. Would a newer Model be better or to have a 2021 Model S that would have very low mileage. Low mileage for me since normally I put around 12,000 miles per year. Not everyone situation. Not sure it will make a huge difference when it is time to trade in my refreshed Model S.
No. Please see my previous posts about this. If you "wait" for Tesla, you will never purchase.

I was torn on this also. If my delivery is October or November, do I tell Tesla to just hold off so I could get a 2022 Model S. Would a newer Model be better or to have a 2021 Model S that would have very low mileage. Low mileage for me since normally I put around 12,000 miles per year. Not everyone situation. Not sure it will make a huge difference when it is time to trade in my refreshed Model S.
That's a tough one. I'd want to hold off but I probably wouldn't.
Interesting, I don't see that on my end. Red Plaid with 19s and black/wood interior shows August (California delivery). Changing wheels to 21s goes back to June (which is obviously crazy).
NY delivery with 19s shows August and July with 21s

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
You guys won't believe this... My SA, who has been phenomenal in keeping me up to date and informed, just contacted me and said that since my Plaid is delayed, they have a LR with white interior that he can match me to. I accepted with no hesitation and it is being driven/delivered to my home right now. I know that SAs are often criticized but mine has been the most helpful in terms of checking in and keeping me updated. Ultimately, it really did make a difference in me getting my car sooner that just waiting for the crazy logistics of the Tesla factory.

I was told the same thing today, yesterday and day before that. Delivery from Marina del Rey or Burbank I Fukushima are in LA area?
Actually, I am taking delivery from the San Diego area in Carlsbad. I would check with your SA, if he/she is helpful, to see if there are any vehicles they can match you with. I know my delivery center is receiving upwards to almost 100 Model S vehicles throughout today. There has to be some in which a buyer will refuse or lose out on because of timing, etc.

Ditto. No one that has gotten the LR has posted yet.
I don’t think most of the LR owners are speed obsessed like the Plaid orders. I consider my LR a nice electric sedan and not a sports car.
on the other hand the plaid is a powerful monster. That’s why people spent the extra 40k for it.

Hoping someone can give me quick advice. I picked up my LR yesterday afternoon, plugged it in when I got home. It completed it‘s charge to 90%, when it reached that level it stopped charging. 90% was 320 miles, so much for 400+. Overnight the car had about 5 miles of vampire drain. Today, I dropped the car off to be PPF’d and tinted, its been sitting there parked for 5 hours and the battery has drained about 5 miles. Car brand new, I did add any 3rd party apps or anything, any Idea what setting needs to be changed?

Hoping someone can give me quick advice. I picked up my LR yesterday afternoon, plugged it in when I got home. It completed it‘s charge to 90%, when it reached that level it stopped charging. 90% was 320 miles, so much for 400+. Overnight the car had about 5 miles of vampire drain. Today, I dropped the car off to be PPF’d and tinted, its been sitting there parked for 5 hours and the battery has drained about 5 miles. Car brand new, I did add any 3rd party apps or anything, any Idea what setting needs to be changed?
You might wanna: 1) Drive it for a while, so that it can properly calculate range; 2) Clear your trips; 3) Run the car down to about 5-10% SoC, and then charge it up to 90-95%, so that the range calculator can recalibrate. Hope this helps! :)

Do you have Aracnids? If so, the maximum range is 375 miles. Usually, mine will drain a few miles overnight if I have sentry mode on.

I have a feeling it's set that way by default. You can adjust, but it's not advised to charge to 100% except when taking road trips. I'm not sure if you're a first time owner.