Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good question...I'd say a lot. I do use NOA and I do notice the missing features when I drive my Y that does not have FSD. I'd say the one feature I use the most would be lane change being activated by the turn signal. No need to come out of AP and then back into it to make a lane change.

Funny, it's difficult for me to pinpoint which FSD features I like the most, but I do like them. It only becomes apparent to me when I drive something else like the Y that I miss the FSD features.
I make signal activated lane changes with AP1 on my 2016.5. It's a bit amazing to me how little has changed since then.

Hoping someone can give me quick advice. I picked up my LR yesterday afternoon, plugged it in when I got home. It completed it‘s charge to 90%, when it reached that level it stopped charging. 90% was 320 miles, so much for 400+. Overnight the car had about 5 miles of vampire drain. Today, I dropped the car off to be PPF’d and tinted, its been sitting there parked for 5 hours and the battery has drained about 5 miles. Car brand new, I did add any 3rd party apps or anything, any Idea what setting needs to be changed?
Also, if you have cabin overheat protection turned on (and it's very hot out), your car will run the AC to keep the cabin around 100 degrees. This might cause you a little bit of loss.

Hoping someone can give me quick advice. I picked up my LR yesterday afternoon, plugged it in when I got home. It completed it‘s charge to 90%, when it reached that level it stopped charging. 90% was 320 miles, so much for 400+. Overnight the car had about 5 miles of vampire drain. Today, I dropped the car off to be PPF’d and tinted, its been sitting there parked for 5 hours and the battery has drained about 5 miles. Car brand new, I did add any 3rd party apps or anything, any Idea what setting needs to be changed?
If the car is being tinted etc. then the doors are open which means the car is actually on. The vampire drain seems about what it should be.
If you're happy with the results, please let me know where you had it done. Cheers

Tesla doesn’t make changes per year, they make them slowly and continuously, so it basically doesn’t matter
You are right about Tesla and I appreciate the reply. But that was not my point. When trading in my Model S ( assuming that I get a delivery ) would a newer year with more mileage be a better trade-in value compared to an older model with lower mileage. A November delivery would be a 2020 but a January delivery would be a 2021. The actual age difference is 2 months but when trading in it would be a year difference. I lost $4500 on my trade in value from December to January. I was looking to get rid of my truck before I decided to buy a Model S. I was interested in a Model Y but the refreshed Model S made me pull the trigger to buy.

Last edited:
You guys won't believe this... My SA, who has been phenomenal in keeping me up to date and informed, just contacted me and said that since my Plaid is delayed, they have a LR with white interior that he can match me to. I accepted with no hesitation and it is being driven/delivered to my home right now. I know that SAs are often criticized but mine has been the most helpful in terms of checking in and keeping me updated. Ultimately, it really did make a difference in me getting my car sooner that just waiting for the crazy logistics of the Tesla factory.
Congrats !! Lots of crazy the past day or two.

You guys won't believe this... My SA, who has been phenomenal in keeping me up to date and informed, just contacted me and said that since my Plaid is delayed, they have a LR with white interior that he can match me to. I accepted with no hesitation and it is being driven/delivered to my home right now. I know that SAs are often criticized but mine has been the most helpful in terms of checking in and keeping me updated. Ultimately, it really did make a difference in me getting my car sooner that just waiting for the crazy logistics of the Tesla factory.

No disrespect to you, because if I were you I'd have done exactly the same thing, but it's particularly crappy of Tesla to give a LR car to someone who ordered a Plaid, unless you were a pre-refresh order. I can certainly understand the company prioritizing Plaid orders over LR given that it's their halo car and has a huge margin, but unless you ordered pre-refresh (and possibly even then given how many of them aren't getting deliveries), giving you this option just dicked over many folks who had LR orders since the very beginning.

Tesla makes great cars, but the whole fire sale mentality of EoQ delivery is 100% bullshit.

Edit: Congrats on the car. Enjoy it in good health. 😎

No disrespect to you, because if I were you I'd have done exactly the same thing, but it's particularly crappy of Tesla to give a LR car to someone who ordered a Plaid, unless you were a pre-refresh order. I can certainly understand the company prioritizing Plaid orders over LR given that it's their halo car and has a huge margin, but unless you ordered pre-refresh (and possibly even then given how many of them aren't getting deliveries), giving you this option just dicked over many folks who had LR orders since the very beginning.

Tesla makes great cars, but the whole fire sale mentality of EoQ delivery is 100% bullshit.

Could be just someone who isn't in town to take the car, just saying

Just re-upping on the last question .. I can't find a sentry cam viewer anywhere in the current refresh UI, so I assume it just isn't there yet. I even went to best buy to purchase an ssd to put in the car because I assumed that's why it didn't show up. When I went to install it, I found that Tesla includes a USB stick by default now, heh.
The USB stick won't last very long. Flash memory is not rated for the high rate of read/writes that happen with the Sentry cam so you are better off with the SSD (when Sentry is working in the SW).

So reading this... It does seem they are just sending dealerships cars with zero rhyme or reason. They must just load them up, send them to "X" dealership, anbd say screw it, someone will take it.