Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even weirder is that I submitted my down payment and my financing made it through. They have my money and I don't have a car. It was drafted from my account this morning. Is this even legal? I believe my first car payment is on the 16th. I will most likely have to pay it right after I receive the car. So, essentially I am paying interest on a car that I don't even have. Brutal feeling to say the least.

Greg
This is insane. I feel so bad for you man and honestly it puts things into perspective for some of us who have blank order dates. I hope you get your car asap. This is unacceptable on so many levels 😔

Yikes. Musk said they were worried about battery safety about the new S on last earnings call. This feels like an awfully bad sign. They’ve barely delivered any.

On the plus side, the hundreds of cars in Fremont haven’t caught fire yet!!
I highly doubt that Tesla would actually release a car without the battery being properly tested to be safe. The liability would be through the roof if they did. And that's what all those months were devoted to!

Reactions: HumanInput
Ok. I apologize for all the nasty stuff I just wrote about Tesla even if it is true.
I just got an email from SC. My car arrived is being detailed and they will deliver it tonight.
Much happier than I was 10
Minutes ago
Good thing this is your last Tesla. Congrats on never having to wait again. Enjoy your ride.

I am thrilled I am getting my new Tesla someday. It seems like a great car. But it is definitely the last Tesla I will ever purchase. Wife wants a new smaller car. She currently drives an older MB C300. She is Interested in model 3. I squashed that idea. We are Going over to Mercedes next week to buy her another C300.
I went through this crap with Tesla. I certainly am not going to do it for her car also. She drives under 4000 miles per year. When there is a problem she calls my name. With MB she just calls them up and they drive a loaner(another Benz) over to her and pick up her car for the service. When car is ready, they drop it off and pick up loaner. Oh and the have a complete CS dept and service dept that really want the work whether warranties or not. Oh and they have peoples names and phone numbers and email addresses. Amazing! A normal good company.
Yeah…..in my case I don’t care if they remember my name or give me a loaner considering in almost 5 years, I brought my Model S in one time for a windshield replacement and another time for the MCU2 upgrade. The rest of the 99.9% of the time owning the vehicle, I absolutely loved driving the vehicle.
Should Tesla improve communication? Of course. Is it enough for me to buy something else because I want to be catered to when bringing it in? Lol…..not by a long shot.

Yikes. Musk said they were worried about battery safety about the new S on last earnings call. This feels like an awfully bad sign. They’ve barely delivered any.

On the plus side, the hundreds of cars in Fremont haven’t caught fire yet!!
Wouldn’t be shocked if they halt deliveries until they figure that out.

I highly doubt that Tesla would actually release a car without the battery being properly tested to be safe. The liability would be through the roof if they did. And that's what all those months were devoted to!
Yeah it's a good thing we can't point to a single example of when a car manufacturer has done that in the past...🤔

Exactly my thoughts! Probably (hopefully) this is just a one-off. Tesla will probably do a SW update on the battery if not.
And will limit the power of Plaid to where it won't be doing 0-60 in 2.1 secs every launch and the system will literally reduce the power to save the battery without letting the driver know about this. That's the Apple way of doing business and Tesla is the Apple of the automotive industry. Seems like only new owners who have already received their cars will be able to enjoy this beast for now because I'm certain it'll be power limited very soon via software update to avoid getting spontaneously combusted lol

And will limit the power of Plaid to where it won't be doing 0-60 in 2.1 secs every launch and the system will literally reduce the power to save the battery without letting the driver know about this. That's the Apple way of doing business and Tesla is the Apple of the automotive industry. Seems like only new owners who have already received their cars will be able to enjoy this beast for now because I'm certain it'll be power limited very soon via software update to avoid getting spontaneously combusted lol
Nah, I doubt that. They did that with the P90D, and instantly pissed off their customers, so they ended up removing it later on.

True, is has occurred in the past, but this time, it seems awfully unlikely to me.
Yeah it could very well be a car purchased by an entity with a vested interest in causing bad press. It is kinda suspicious that it seemed to be parked away from any structures.

I do know this: If this happens at my house I lose my home and everything I own. Pretty scary thought.

Yeah it could very well be a car purchased by an entity with a vested interest in causing bad press. It is kinda suspicious that it seemed to be parked away from any structures.

I do know this: If this happens at my house I lose my home and everything I own. Pretty scary thought.
What better way to tarnish something that is getting near universal praise ATM?

Wouldn’t be shocked if they halt deliveries until they figure that out.
Don't give them any ideas!!!!!

5f2y4l.jpeg

What better way to tarnish something that is getting near universal praise ATM?
You know guys, that never occurred to me!🤔 There definitely is something very strange about these circumstances...
Especially if that someone also listened to the Q1 Earnings Call, and heard Elon speak about what they were doing with the Model S.

With people having some of these erratic dates like September, October, and stuff, makes me question why there are still people with blank dates. How does that system work or make sense? I don’t think a single person with a straight up blank date has gotten a car yet, only the people with the dates all over the place.
I called into local SC today to let them know I didn’t forget about them and my car ordered 2/8. Service advisor told me that LR with 19s were not coming until September. He said he was just told this information. This can’t be possible right? I even asked if I could swing to 21s and he said I could try but didn’t know if they would let me.