Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the real problem here is the model s plaid right now will require a parachute as it traps over 150mph. both NHRA and IHRA both has this standing rule. we are beyond roll cages hahahaha. but Im very curious as to how they will handle this going forward. because as we can see, it will only get faster and faster from here as we advance in tech.

EDIT: I have personally seen other drag cars get kicked and some banned from my track (Maryland international raceway) until they became in compliance with the rules. some are less strict but some do not play around with that. I can almost bet, as more and more of these hit the street and tracks with videos of them trapping 150mph+ some tracks will not let them run or tell them to not run anything pass 10.5 or 130ish or you will be kicked out.
The question is how ancient is this rule and whether it should be adjusted for cars with appropriate braking systems vs a 1995 Honda Civic hatch with no hood and 5 turbos on a 1.8L engine weighting in at 2000lbs 😅

The question is how ancient is this rule and whether it should be adjusted for cars with appropriate braking systems vs a 1995 Honda Civic hatch with no hood and 5 turbos on a 1.8L engine weighting in at 2000lbs 😅
There is some intrinsic gate-keeping with the current rules, so I am not sure how much urgency there is to change them.

Things are getting a bit strange on my end.

Does anyone have a screen shot of a pre-$10K Plaid price increase configuration from the Tesla web site? Or, can someone that still has pre-price increase Plaid pricing please PM me their cost break down?

Thanks,
Bill

thank you Muzzman1
1625270139757.png

Not sure if this is what you wanted , hope so.

Another record-breaking quarter for Tesla. Not so much for the Model S... less than 1% of production. ;)

The automaker acknowledged “global supply chain and logistics challenges” in its brief press release about the results: “In the second quarter, we produced and delivered over 200,000 vehicles. Our teams have done an outstanding job navigating through global supply chain and logistics challenges.”
It’s the first time Tesla achieved over 200,000 vehicle deliveries in a single quarter and the slightly beat Wall Street expectations.

Notably, Tesla managed to deliver 1,890 new Model S vehicles during the quarter
. These are units of the updated version of the electric sedan revealed in January. Deliveries had been delayed several times before starting just a few weeks before the end of the quarter.

1625270226086.png

Woke up today to 2021.12.4.6 installed and had visions of seeing Dashcam and Energy apps, but nooooo, Minor Updates only.
Same here. Cheers
Woke up today to 2021.12.4.6 installed and had visions of seeing Dashcam and Energy apps, but nooooo, Minor Updates only.
Dropped my car off at the detail shop. I’m getting:
  • Spectra Photosync 35 tint (Rear and 4 doors).
  • Stek PPF on front bumper and headlights and replace unsightly factory PPF with exposed edges in front of rear wheels
  • Stek Dynoflex Windshield PPF provides 99% UV protection and absorbs impact from flying debris
  • Full paint correction and ceramic coating.
  • High Gloss Bentley black paint on chrome Tesla T logos
I might not get the car back until Monday. I will post new pictures and draggy figures as soon as I get it back.
View attachment 680603
I'm doing much of the same as you are with 70 tinting. Also looking at getting matching MSM matching door handles through Mason at bumperplugs.com who is in the same block as my detailer. I loved them in a early video (not sure they were his) and hope they turn out well. Pictures on Thursday when I get back in town. Also looking at alloygators.com to protect rims but not sure if I can get a good contrasting color.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
im offended by this statement....... lmao, I actually had a turbo civic and I ran 11.0-11.2 at 130mph, car made about 490whp and around 380wtq (FWD traction for the win lol). their are some civics out there that will wipe the floor with the plaid at a drag strip. again, those civic would not hang with it in the street unless they are doing roll racing. which again, its hard on those civic as they can spin at 100mph easily. but I digress, the rules are old, and the rule still stands, the rules aren't always about the car having great brakes, its more so how much road you have after you cross the finish lines. some tracks have about another 1/8th of a mile after the finish the line before the last turn around gate before you hit the sand trap then the water barrel then in some cases trees and if you some how you pass all of that, the street that is behind it. has happen at MIR once. but it really depends on the stopping distance. its really hard on the brakes stopping at 150mph+ sure great brakes will stop the car in most cases, but their is a reason for rules. people brakes overheat, or fail altogether and without that parachute that could be the end of them. now with a lot of drag cars their wheel sizes are kept small so they can stick more tire up under the car for better traction off the line (wrinkle the tire) so their brake disc can't be oversize because they are running a 15in rim. in the case of most modern cars they are running 16in rotors and larger which can greatly dissipate heat a lot better than those smaller rotors. I agree that possbilly the rules could be modified in some shape, but like someone else stated, gate keeping in strong and probably won't happened. I think its good to have that rule. which brings me to another point, has anyone noticed that the brakes on the plaid and the LR are different from the other performance Tesla? These do in fact look larger than the Raven performance and for sure larger than the M3P

Last edited:
Another record-breaking quarter for Tesla. Not so much for the Model S... less than 1% of production. ;)

The automaker acknowledged “global supply chain and logistics challenges” in its brief press release about the results: “In the second quarter, we produced and delivered over 200,000 vehicles. Our teams have done an outstanding job navigating through global supply chain and logistics challenges.”
It’s the first time Tesla achieved over 200,000 vehicle deliveries in a single quarter and the slightly beat Wall Street expectations.

Notably, Tesla managed to deliver 1,890 new Model S vehicles during the quarter
. These are units of the updated version of the electric sedan revealed in January. Deliveries had been delayed several times before starting just a few weeks before the end of the quarter.

View attachment 680848
They actually produced more cars than I would have guessed. If you assume the resumed production in mid-May, that was a clip of about 400 cars per week. I thing that bodes well for folks on here still waiting on cars.

im offended by this statement....... lmao, I actually had a turbo civic and I ran 11.0-11.2 at 130mph, car made about 490whp and around 380wtq (FWD traction for the win lol). their are some civics out there that will wipe the floor with the plaid at a drag strip. again, those civic would not hang with it in the street unless they are doing roll racing. which again, its hard on those civic as they can spin at 100mph easily. but I digress, the rules are old, and the rule still stands, the rules aren't always about the car having great brakes, its more so how much road you have after you cross the finish lines. some tracks have about another 1/8th of a mile after the finish the line before the last turn around gate before you hit the sand trap then the water barrel then in some cases trees and if you some how you pass all of that, the street that is behind it. has happen at MIR once. but it really depends on the stopping distance. its really hard on the brakes stopping at 150mph+ sure great brakes will stop the car in most cases, but their is a reason for rules. people brakes overheat, or fail altogether and without that parachute that could be the end of them. now with a lot of drag cars their wheel sizes are kept small so they can stick more tire up under the car for better traction off the line (wrinkle the tire) so their brake disc can't be oversize because they are running a 15in rim. in the case of most modern cars they are running 16in rotors and larger which can greatly dissipate heat a lot better than those smaller rotors. I agree that possbilly the rules could be modified in some shape, but like someone else stated, gate keeping in strong and probably won't happened. I think its good to have that rule. which brings me to another point, has anyone noticed that the brakes on the plaid and the LR are different from the other performance Tesla? These do in fact look larger than the Raven performance and for sure larger than the M3P

I really do not think there was any insult intended here. I was trying to make a similar point earlier. Nobody will argue that someone can modify a platform and make it faster than a Plaid. It takes time and money (probably a lot of modding money in this case). I think what is being suggested is that these new cars have been designed, tested, and verified by complicated and rigorous engineering/mathematical analysis. As such, I would expect the Plaid to be safe at running the 9 second quarter mile at the drag strip. The traction, braking, stability, everything has been designed for it. The car is advertised for it.

I really do not think there was any insult intended here. I was trying to make a similar point earlier. Nobody will argue that someone can modify a platform and make it faster than a Plaid. It takes time and money (probably a lot of modding money in this case). I think what is being suggested is that these new cars have been designed, tested, and verified by complicated and rigorous engineering/mathematical analysis. As such, I would expect the Plaid to be safe at running the 9 second quarter mile at the drag strip. The traction, braking, stability, everything has been designed for it. The car is advertised for it.
I was totally joking, Im not offended. that's why I put "lmao" behind it. I agree that some changes can be made but again, you do have to draw the line in the sand somewhere and they did at 150mph. im sure the plaid will be fine long as people keep up on the brakes with checking them, but I highly doubt anyone is going to be beating the living hell out of a plaid to that degree anyway. so it should be fine. I would just be mindful of it that's all.

My problem with Tesla brakes is remembering to use them once a week to make sure the fine layer of rust does not build up. When it does, you get a big surprise when you go to use them; they take a good bit longer than normal to provide that initial bite.
This^^^ for sure this. I try to remind myself to do the same. but I use AP a lot and it uses them a bit with all the traffic and crazy driver in the DMV area 🤣