Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove my car to the beach today and forgot to put sunscreen on. Mind you I didn't get out of the car, and I have a decent little sunburn on my head. Keep in mind I don't have any hair...that is part of the problem. This car gets hot on the inside. I will definitely be doing ceramic on the ceiling.

Greg
I got a few quotes for ceramic on the glass roof and then figured that a hair implant might be cheaper 😜

Many people waiting for a lot longer than 6 weeks dude…try 6+ months! Not saying the delivery process makes any sense nor is Tesla right for doing it the way they do, but you did just order at the end of May. I know you’ve heard this before, but I think you forgot about that little detail.

BTW - everyone here who had to wait for many weeks and months are just as angry as you, but our posts are not “F-k this $h!t” x 10, lol. 😜 As others have said before, you can just cancel your order so the next customer can move up the line (or sideways or whichever way Tesla does it in their haphazard manufacture & delivery process).
Also the person who got a call from Tesla about switching to Arachnids ordered in June so there's another slap on the faces of people who've ordered literally 8 months ago. This is insanity and the fact that people like you can sit here and spout out the take it or leave it kinda garbage is shocking

Will a poster board work for the sun? I used two in my last car with T-tops. Just a thought..
I doubt people dropping 90-150K on a car want to to go to Walgreens to stick cardboard over their heads. I definitely don't expect to deal with any do-it-yourself solutions for a new car.

The process will get worse for you until delivery. I say you might be best to dump this and go to another brand. My experience was far worse than yours. Once you get your car it'll be worth it.
You're right. I remember your experience. It really was far worse. I just don't like it when people here simply encourage Tesla for treating customers like crap. That's some Stockholm Syndrome kinda bs lol
I'm keeping my order for now and dealing with it by bitching about it often 😂

It took a bit over 1000 days between reservation and getting my Model3. It sucks. Tesla is doing a piss poor job with that. I personally quite enjoy the ride this time. I ordered today and I have an august expected delivery that will probably extend to sept/oct, I’m fine with that. In fact I want the car in December and that’s why I’m ordering now. :)

However no amount of complaining will make things change. The only way to make things change is by canceling your order. But that sucks even more. When competition finally catches up, Tesla will need to be better at this.

In the meantime the only option is to suck it. SA should tell customers that delays happen snd that delivery can be postponed numerous times. Once customers know that they are more likely to be ok with delays.

As other have said, the car will be worth it. Because for all their mistakes, broken promises, delays, price hike and what not, Tesla owners are still the most satisfied in the industry.

Final note, there are people higher up the food chain. These guys can speed things up. I know the person in Canada and it really helped with my Model3. If you can find that person for your area, it will help you a lot. Hang in there.

Woah! Why didn't I think of doing just that? You're so smart lol Of course, there are people who have placed orders way before me. They deserve to get their cars way before me but we both know that isn't happening since Tesla is busy delivering to people who ordered a week ago 😂
When there are people who got their cars on a week's notice then the least Tesla can do is to communicate with customers who've been waiting longer. Now, to you this must be how a company needs to treat its customer and its fully acceptable but to anyone with multiple brain cells this isn't a way to do business. And frankly telling people they need to be okay with it or cancel the order is a dick move and makes you look like a cultist nut hugger.
Um, the MS Plaid will my 1st Tesla (2nd EV but first Tesla owned). I am in no way, shape, or form a "Tesla cultist" nor am I a "nut hugger," lol, and I'm certainly not okay with the way Tesla conducts business. I am not brand loyal to any auto manufacturer; I've owned many. Therefore, you have no argument with me; I do, however resent your insinuations and name calling, sir. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 🖕😜

Apparently, you're in some sort of rush with your vehicle, yes? It seems like you're in desperate need to get your new vehicle, exactly by when did you say? Exactly what's the reason for this need so quickly? Did you sell your previous vehicle already (like I did in March but I've been driving around another vehicle we own in the meantime until I take delivery of my MS Plaid) or is it coming due for a lease end soon? Asking for a friend. ;)

Last edited:
Another string of responses. Sorry for any redundant answers.

I ordered a Plaid! However, I have a problem, and I hope you can help. I used Apple Pay and the email address doesn’t match my Tesla account. How do I update the address? Is there someone I can call? I’d hate to create another account.

This has happened to me numerous times on Tesla store and no fix. You need to change the email address on ApplePay before confirming. On vehicle orders you can change it. Not sure if the email but you can try [email protected]. I had to for a previous order tied an email not associated with my Tesla account.

I think you just need to sign in to whatever Tesla account right after you make the purchase. That will assign it to your Tesla account. Do not think the Apple Pay email address has to match the Tesla account.

Signing into another account won’t fix it. The order is tied to the email address. See above.

I had that until 06/30. Now I got nada. But am ok waiting. Getting it early doesn’t mean anything to me anymore (I’m old)

Trying to guess why Tesla raised prices is an exercise in futility. If plaid is as good as Elon claims that he cancelled Plaid+, why not raise it to what Plaid+ ? It’s not like people wouldn’t order any plaids if the price was raised by 20k instead of 10k

Plaid+ appeal to was the range. I would not buy the Plaid at + price.

Agreed, they could have easily raised it by $20k.
Tbh, another $10k increase could easily happen..

Entirely possible. Considering what a beast the car is. Not sure if I’m contradicting myself from the reply above. I think I would pass at 20k above which would be 10k for me as I got pre bump up and/or because of + order.

- are they using the same tail-lamps as the pre-Plaid, I.e. individual LEDs rather than the contiguous style of 3XY?

Yes. I directly asked Franz about this on 6/10. No dice

The Tesla glass roof rejects as much UV as SPF50 (98 percent). You can't get a sunburn easily.

I’ll tell you what though. It gets damn hot to the touch in the SoCal sun. ‘17 MS

I have an April 2020 Model Y and have driven it in the SW and the SE and it really blocks visible light and UV and IR as far as my experience goes.

I often go to my car at lunch. If I sit in it for a few minutes, I can feel the heat from the roof as the sides have those collapsible screens up.

You're right. I remember your experience. It really was far worse. I just don't like it when people here simply encourage Tesla for treating customers like crap. That's some Stockholm Syndrome kinda bs lol
I'm keeping my order for now and dealing with it by bitching about it often 😂
We all went through the anger in the same stages of grief it's been on Tesla's crazy-a$s roller coaster ride of manufacturing to delivery process over the past 6+ months; it hasn't been fun; it's been nauseating actually! o_O🤪🤮 Nobody is debating that, but your 6 weeks to our 6+ months isn't really comparable. There's no excuse for Tesla (I've said this exact same thing for months now) but yet, we all here still want our new Tesla MS Plaids & LRs! It is what it is...we must all be in the acceptance stage now! Hehe. I guess some people are much more impatient than others for various reasons. 🤔

Can anyone with a Plaid say what the 0-60 time is for the car in Chill or Sport mode? My wife is not interested in Plaid speed, so I want to reassure her that she can tame the car a bit when she's driving.
Unfortunately, there aren't any test results yet, but Chill will likely be some like a 5-6 second 0-60, and Sport like 3-4. The main differentiator on Chill mode is the power delivery, which is slowed way down, thus making car feel more sluggish, (or tame.)🙂

Last edited: