Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you got your car already? 😂 Smart Summon Radius is around 150 - 200ft.
Gotcha on the approx radius of Summon Mode and no, unfortunately I didn't get my car yet...account still blank. But I think if I read EVERYTHING in the manual and learn as much as I can from previous/current Tesla MS owners NOW, I'll be fully ready to take delivery knowing everything about my new MS Plaid, lol! 😜

Hoping a VIN just shows up in the next week or so but not holding my breath. Likely a VIN for me at end of July or beginning of Aug for an Aug delivery...and that's with my order being on some sort of (ahem fake, meaningless?) "priority build/delivery" list. Um, yeah, I feel so much better knowing I'm on this priority list. :rolleyes:😒

My baby finally made it home!

Attachments

• 20210705_141922.jpg
    20210705_141922.jpg
    718.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 20210705_192202.jpg
    20210705_192202.jpg
    732.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 20210705_163145.jpg
    20210705_163145.jpg
    484.9 KB · Views: 75
You can get to Neutral from the control screen--swipe from the left edge of the display to bring up the control menu, then the button for Neutral is kinda in the middle
This may be the first car that I'm considering reading the manual. :D

Any thoughts on how to get the gear selectors below the charge pad to enable? I got it to come on a couple of times, but it doesn't seem to be a consistent method or I just don't remember the specifics.

Any thoughts on how to get the gear selectors below the charge pad to enable? I got it to come on a couple of times, but it doesn't seem to be a consistent method or I just don't remember the specifics.
Strange. Seen videos on YouTube that showed you "wake up" the gear selector simply by pushing one of them. Then you push whichever one you want -- D, N, R, & P.

• Informative
Reactions: HumanInput
So, I got a VIN last week. Been on vacation (much needed time off). Went and applied for financing with Tesla. Wells Fargo came back but wants 60-65% down, other institutions denied. I asked why as I have 750 credit score, high income, no debt. They said it was because I have 2 current car leases on my credit. I explained that my wife and I need cars, so yes we have 2 cars, lol. But my car is to be turned in now that I got a vin, and my wife’s lease is up in September. Called Tesla, they were just as confused. Sent internal email to Tesla financing explaining the leased cars, they said even if the cars got turned in Wells said they won’t lend me more, other banks I guess still denied. I think someone just dropped the ball somewhere.

Little lost for words here and confused. Has anyone experienced this before? Any suggestions for lending? HELP!

Per the manual, you just "press a button" on the console. I am assuming this is one of the gear "buttons". That would wake the buttons up and from there you can select the desired gear.
In addition to manually shifting gears on the touchscreen, you can select a gear by pressing a button located on the center console. In most situations, these buttons are not available until you press one of the gear buttons to activate it. When active, the LEDs associated with each gear illuminate and when you select a gear, the associated LED illuminates amber.

So, I got a VIN last week. Been on vacation (much needed time off). Went and applied for financing with Tesla. Wells Fargo came back but wants 60-65% down, other institutions denied. I asked why as I have 750 credit score, high income, no debt. They said it was because I have 2 current car leases on my credit. I explained that my wife and I need cars, so yes we have 2 cars, lol. But my car is to be turned in now that I got a vin, and my wife’s lease is up in September. Called Tesla, they were just as confused. Sent internal email to Tesla financing explaining the leased cars, they said even if the cars got turned in Wells said they won’t lend me more, other banks I guess still denied. I think someone just dropped the ball somewhere.

Little lost for words here and confused. Has anyone experienced this before? Any suggestions for lending? HELP!
When you say "other banks" is that still attempting to use Tesla as the intermediary? If so, have you tried going to a bank directly? If you have a checking and savings account somewhere, have you tried going to that bank and getting an auto loan? Or a local credit union?

If you are using Tesla as the intermediary, it might be time to cut them out and go your own route. Any bank should be able to wire or overnight a check to them.

60% down seems insane. Are they expecting the car to depreciate 50% if they have to repossess?

This makes me nervous, as I have not purchased a new car in 11 years and keep thinking they will decline my loan when it comes time to apply. The numbers say I am well within the bounds of what I should be approved for, but then I hear stories like this and wonder what shenanigans they will throw at me.

Still at July. Wonder if I post when I check, if that will help me check less, haha. There’s literally no point in me checking the Tesla website, but I do it frequently anyway 🤷‍♂️

My name is HumanInput and it has been 90 minutes since my last refresh. Happy to be here and thank you all for the support.

When you say "other banks" is that still attempting to use Tesla as the intermediary? If so, have you tried going to a bank directly? If you have a checking and savings account somewhere, have you tried going to that bank and getting an auto loan? Or a local credit union?

If you are using Tesla as the intermediary, it might be time to cut them out and go your own route. Any bank should be able to wire or overnight a check to them.
Yes, Tesla as intermediary. I think it went to chase, us bank, td bank, etc.

Not sure my bank does 80k+ auto loans as it is just a local bank. Tried applying to local credit union, they ran my credit then sent an email that my loan request exceeds the max they lend, but can offer me 50k lol. Wtf.