Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been curious about how arbitrary the estimated delivery dates are displayed on different accounts, so I dug into the web page code (see below).

DISCLAIMER: even though I work in software and have a BSEE, I don't actually write code (my MBA/biz dev side is much stronger these days :p)

A few interesting points I gathered:

1. The default state seems to be "we will reach out to you", so basically: stop refreshing, we will notify you (yeah, right)

2. There are three distinct estimates:
a) "estimatedDelivery", which seems to just be a placeholder for a month
b) "estimatedDeliveryDates", which specifies a date range
c) "estimatedDeliveryWeeksFromOrderPlaced", which is a date range in number of weeks from order placement (I haven't seen that at all from anyone recently)

3. When actual delivery appointments are scheduled, a date and time as well as location are populated

The mystery I still haven't solved is, how does the monkey choose from the different estimates to display??

Code:
"delivery": {
    "addToCalendar": "Add to Calendar",
    "defaultDateTime": "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.",
    "delivery": "Delivery Appointment",
    "deliveryAppointment": "Delivery Appointment at ##place##",
    "documentSigningAppointment": "Document Signing Appointment at ##place##",
    "estimatedDelivery": "Estimated delivery",
    "estimatedDeliveryDates": "Estimated Delivery: ##date1## - ##date2##",
    "estimatedDeliveryWeeksFromOrderPlaced": "Estimated Delivery: ##date1##-##date2## weeks from order placed date",
    "notifyArrived": "We will notify you when your car has arrived at your delivery location.",
    "willContact": "A Tesla Advisor will contact you with details regarding your delivery date and time."
},
"deliveryBlock": {
    "accept": "I Accept"
},
To regain some sanity, I feel like I should hack my own page so the EDD says "2 weeks".

Wait, there’s a yoke? I’m out.
Give it a chance. It is supposed to improve performance and have an unobstructed view, see?
1626748148530.jpeg

Ah, but since it's true and accurate, and we end up losing our only planet because of it, what then?

Seem pretty important to target and shame those responsible, no?
This is such an odd and entitled response. I do not really know what to think of it.

Shame? Really?

Where else have we used this tactic to optimal effect? Have any children? You must be an excellent manager of people too.

Every single one of us are purchasing a gimmick of wretched excess and can preach about saving the earth. Even if you are net negative on the grid, every unnecessary unit of energy used in your car could have been provided to the grid. Is inefficiency not something that should be shamed as well?

Feel free to tell me how many high mileage tires you plan to put on your earth saving race car. I would imagine you can buy tires that will last 60k miles. Will you? No?

For shame!

OR feel free to prove me wrong with installation pictures of hard rubber tires as they will last longer AND are better for the environment.

OR, better still, pretend no hypocrisy exists in your life and cast your shaming efforts upon others as you feel justified to do so.

You are a bad bad person!
This is such an odd and entitled response. I do not really know what to think of it.

Shame? Really?

Where else have we used this tactic to optimal effect? Have any children? You must be an excellent manager of people too.

Every single one of us are purchasing a gimmick of wretched excess and can preach about saving the earth. Even if you are net negative on the grid, every unnecessary unit of energy used in your car could have been provided to the grid. Is inefficiency not something that should be shamed as well?

Feel free to tell me how many high mileage tires you plan to put on your earth saving race car. I would imagine you can buy tires that will last 60k miles. Will you? No?

For shame!

OR feel free to prove me wrong with installation pictures of hard rubber tires as they will last longer AND are better for the environment.

OR, better still, pretend no hypocrisy exists in your life and cast your shaming efforts upon others as you feel justified to do so.
However you want to look at our excesses in our choice of cars, global warming is a fact.

However you want to look at our excesses in our choice of cars, global warming is a fact.
I don’t think anyone here is arguing that, and I honestly believe @TSLA Pilot ’s heart is in the right place, but they have not yet learned that sanctimony, extremism, and shouting your opinion at people not only doesn’t align them to your viewpoint, but in fact alienates them from it. Social media has gotten us all twisted, we just need to be nicer.

Old proverb: You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

Email from my SA today. My car is in the planning phase! Yes, I will get excited about that. The EDD has been populated with a 1week interval but slipped a day or so every day this week. Like 26Jul-6Aug, then 30Jul-6Aug, 31Jul-1Aug etc. Either way it is getting close! Fingers crossed.

Also, is anyone verifying the PLAID has three motors or are we taking Elon at his word on that? Just sayin…if the LR had like a Plaid mode upgrade or something. You can laugh, just laugh after we count motors…

Also, is anyone verifying the PLAID has three motors or are we taking Elon at his word on that? Just sayin…if the LR had like a Plaid mode upgrade or something. You can laugh, just laugh after we count motors…
I mean, that would be a pretty egregious misstatement if they said it has 3 motors but it only had 2, lol

"Self Deception" can cause you to perceive yourself and the world around you as a place that accepts your values, self reflection on your past may say otherwise. "My quote for the day" Steve
" . . . a place that accepts your values . . ."

Things I value:

Facts
Truth
Science
Life
Our only planet

For those that are willing to sacrifice our planet for short-term financial gain, or because they intentionally choose to remain grossly ignorant, I demand they change direction.

While some choose to just "go along and get along" with those sorts of people, despite the planetary-scale threat they pose, I suggest shaming them as a great start.

We're all in as this MS is our 10th, and we've been on solar since 2013, with the gas meter removed last year as well. Frankly, everyone with at least half a brain needs to be doing this--how can we not given near daily headlines suggesting positive feedback loops are kicking in?

Shame? Really?

For shame!

If you think about how much fuel went into SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket recently (75k gallons), that is about 188 cars worth of fuel for a year at 12k miles a year at 30 Mpg. Kinda negates a decent amount of what Elon is trying to do.

So looking at it from a perspective of Elon trying to save the planet, it’s awesome what he is doing, but holy fossil fuel Batman. I think I’m agreeing with you.

Email from my SA today. My car is in the planning phase! Yes, I will get excited about that. The EDD has been populated with a 1week interval but slipped a day or so every day this week. Like 26Jul-6Aug, then 30Jul-6Aug, 31Jul-1Aug etc. Either way it is getting close! Fingers crossed.

Good to hear more people are getting more info about their cars. My car, according to my SA, has been matched with a production slot but my EDD remains blank. Hope to see it change soon and maybe with some luck a VIN appears

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
" . . . a place that accepts your values . . ."

Things I value:

Facts
Truth
Science
Life
Our only planet

For those that are willing to sacrifice our planet for short-term financial gain, or because they intentionally choose to remain grossly ignorant, I demand they change direction.

While some choose to just "go along and get along" with those sorts of people, despite the planetary-scale threat they pose, I suggest shaming them as a great start.

We're all in as this MS is our 10th, and we've been on solar since 2013, with the gas meter removed last year as well. Frankly, everyone with at least half a brain needs to be doing this--how can we not given near daily headlines suggesting positive feedback loops are kicking in?
Watch "George Carlin - Saving the Planet" on YouTube