Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like everyone got this new agreement section, regardless of order status.
Here's the code from the updated account page:

Code:
                    "agreement": {
                        "accept": "Accept",
                        "agreements": "Agreements",
                        "back": "Back",
                        "backToTeslaAccount": "Back to Tesla Account",
                        "byAccepting": "By accepting, I am electronically signing the documents provided above and agreeing to the ##teslaESignConsentLink##. I acknowledge that I can review the full text of the documents prior to signing.",
                        "continue": "Continue",
                        "enterDateOfBirth": "Enter Date of Birth",
                        "error": {
                            "agreementsNotAvailable": "Agreements are not available. Please try again later.",
                            "invalidDob": "Invalid date of birth",
                            "unableToConnect": "There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again later.",
                            "unableToProcess": "There was a problem processing your request. Please confirm your order details and try again."
                        },
                        "packetName": {
                            "DMV": "Registration",
                            "INCENTIVES": "Incentives",
                            "LEASING": "Leasing",
                            "LENDING": "Lending",
                            "TRADEIN": "Trade-In"
                        },
                        "reviewToContinue": "Review and accept agreement to continue",
                        "status": {
                            "availableAtDelivery": "Your agreements will be available for your review during your delivery appointment",
                            "availableWithin24hrsSubtitle": "Your agreements will be available for your review within 24 hours of your delivery appointment",
                            "completeTitle": "Your signed agreements are available for download in the Documents section",
                            "notAvailableTitle": "Agreements Not Available",
                            "notifiedOnceAvailable": "You will be notified once your agreements are available for review",
                            "pendingAcceptanceSubtitle": "Your agreements will be available for download upon co-signer's acceptance",
                            "pendingAcceptanceTitle": "Pending Co-signer Acceptance",
                            "regeneratedSubtitle": "Your agreements have been updated. Review and accept to avoid delays in delivery",
                            "regeneratingTitle": "Regenerating Agreements",
                            "reviewCta": "REVIEW",
                            "reviewSubtitle": "Review and accept your agreements now to avoid delays in delivery",
                            "reviewTitle": "Review Agreements",
                            "tryAgainSubtitle": "Try again in a few moments"
                        },
                        "teslaESignConsent": "Tesla eSign Consent",
                        "tryAgain": "Try again"
                    },
Seems like a new feature, so lets hope the CTA text changes soon

I don’t understand what is confusing. LR to Plaid loses you 10-20 miles of range on both. The Tempest gains you 10+ Miles of range but they are only on the S. The difference between the 20” and 22” on the X is minimal, they are not as ‘aero’ or as light as the Tempest. The weight/aero of the X will always give 10-15% less range than the S.
You don't understand what is confusing? You just gave me a panic attack. I thought I was back in middle school and this word problem was the first question on a quiz I didn't know we were having.

If Jane buys a MX with 20" wheels, and Jim buys a MS with 21" wheels, which one of them will hit refresh the most while waiting for the car they don't have?

Yup I think it’s an website improvement like someone stated. Mine is now checked and states I have signed all the document. however, I did not sign anything else. so I’m assuming it’s just something new that tesla is doing. Or it could be related to the MS hold. Maybe they removed something Like they did on 3/y with radar and we have to confirm that before delivery. I’m really reaching with that statement tho.
I got it too (wasn't there this morning, not that I check 2 or 3 times/day) - it's a TT - TeslaTease
the monkey is playing games with what's left of my mind

I don’t think any amount of competitive intel on Tesla can help their competitors at this point. It is maddening that no one can keep up with them (figuratively and literally), but competition would be nice and force them to be better at their “soft skills”.
Tesla achieved the jump they have in the EV space by having enough time, even if starting from first principles, to reinvent the automobile. If they're planning something that would seem outrageous to anyone, now, there are probably plenty of wannabes to whom it won't sound so outrageous and they'll be off to the races (having lollygagged the previous time(s)). Playing cards close to the vest is critical for Tesla right now. I don't know if this is actually what's going on, but if it is, I do not begrudge Tesla their brand of infuriating radio silence.

Well, since it looks like I won't see my car anytime soon, I decided to start my own yoke-training.

It has turned out to be useful in determining when I use the upper half, but just as sad as you'd expect.

What I've learned so far - I don't actually use the upper half very much, and when I do, it's not during rapid steering but rather when I am initially starting out from Park.

Attachments

• IMG_1174.jpeg
    IMG_1174.jpeg
    918.2 KB · Views: 116
Well, since it looks like I won't see my car anytime soon, I decided to start my own yoke-training.

It has turned out to be useful in determining when I use the upper half, but just as sad as you'd expect.

What I've learned so far - I don't actually use the upper half very much, and when I do, it's not during rapid steering but rather when I am initially starting out from Park.
Does that wire coil shock you every time you try touching it? 😝

Tesla achieved the jump they have in the EV space by having enough time, even if starting from first principles, to reinvent the automobile. If they're planning something that would seem outrageous to anyone, now, there are probably plenty of wannabes to whom it won't sound so outrageous and they'll be off to the races (having lollygagged the previous time(s)). Playing cards close to the vest is critical for Tesla right now. I don't know if this is actually what's going on, but if it is, I do not begrudge Tesla their brand of infuriating radio silence.
I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla had (or better, still has) a "plain paper, pencil, think outside the box" approach. Or possibly using Apple Pencil, same idea. Clean slate.

I don't know that Elon was behind the yoke.
But I do believe he embraced it. And helps steer the culture towards fart noises, Joe mode, bioweapon defense mode and the like.

I can only imagine what the "future team" is thinking about for the next S or beyond. Bear in mind the current refresh was on the drawing board for how long? A year? 18 months? Longer?

I wouldn't be surprised if they have drawings for say, a 2025 model that is radically different.
I am a bit of a fanboy without even owning one yet.
NOT a fan of their lack of communication or policies, but the product is pretty top notch.
And I have NO IDEA how many hundreds of millions or billions are involved to outfit the latest tech in the factories, etc.
While Tesla is innovating the old school is playing catch up.
Where the old school has a financial advantage (to an extent) is they can copy things Tesla thought out first - like cheating on a test - Tesla put the ipad in there, charging network, decided on the batteries, motor, cooling, etc. - and these other guys can now reverse engineer, try to emulate, etc.
One example of this in my mind, is the Mach e - supposed to be a great car, though not as good as a Tesla.
Then remove the frunks - Sandy Munro had a fake heart attack at the Mach e which looks like it gets the job done, but not in a good way.
Then you look at the Tesla, and it is artful - the octovalve, minimal tubes, plumbing, points of failure, etc.
Elegant.
you get that from innovating and designing properly. You get the Mach e by getting it done, somehow, with off the shelf components.
To get the Mach e elegant, might take a year or more (I have no idea) and maybe tooling for however many tens of hundreds of millions.
That's my .02

Strip the insulation from that wire, energize it, and I bet you learn to drive the yoke MUCH faster! :)
1627073229450.png

I have had a change. I don’t know if this has been addressed here. But now my account has an “agreements” section. Says they will reach out when I can sign my agreement. Has anyone else seen this?
The past few pages has been talking about this change.

It looks like a website change, and it doesn't mean anything changed with your order.

Can someone please tell my what I'm doing wrong? It seems to me that if a car consumes .28 kWh/Mi. and the battery pack is 100 kWh, then the range would be 100(kWh)/.28(kWh/Mi.)=357 Mi. for the LR 19" and 100(kWh)/.33(kWh/Mi.)=303 Mi. for the Plaid 21"
The EPA rating for the LR is 28kWh/100 Mi. That equates to a range of 357 Mi., not 405.
I think it is clear the battery is not >100kWh. So how can the EPA rating be listed as >357 Mi.?
Pretty simple math that doesn't add up.
Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 1.54.04 PM.png

Just dropped a note of to the Sales Manager at my local Service Center as a last act of disgust.

If fellow Plaid+ to Plaid converts who were promised a June delivery would like to express our feelings to upper management in unison, I'll be happy to pitch in, take the lead or whatever else is needed to help. PM if interested.

Bill

How did you complete the insurance section, which says it needs proof of insurance showing the new VIN, if you don't have the VIN yet?
View attachment 687399
Depends on which state you live in and the grace period allowed by that state and insurer. I had my vin available but on the day of delivery(my car had not arrived) Tesla found identical spec car with new vin. My insurance agent told me in California I was covered under my policy with or without vin.
I had uploaded my existing insurance card from other car just to have that box
Checked and not Slow my delivery process. I didn’t want to ha e anything block or slow my delivery after waiting for over six months.

Just dropped a note of to the Sales Manager at my local Service Center as a last act of disgust.

If fellow Plaid+ to Plaid converts who were promised a June delivery would like to express our feelings to upper management in unison, I'll be happy to pitch in, take the lead or whatever else is needed to help. PM if interested.

Bill
I am awaiting delivery of my first Tesla however from reading the forums and the total lack of info my SA has ( I don't call anymore ) I truly believe their computers are not plugged into anything ( IE they have zero access to any information IE production scheduling etc ) and I am sure they hum Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb all day from the customer feedback they are getting. This is the problem when the desire outstrips the ability. Tezzlah like Aqqle could not care less about customer satisfaction. The last time I spoke with my SA months ago, he told ME how it works and when I said 'what if I cannot show up when the car is ready (IE I travel for work ALOT) he said 'we don't like cars sitting on the lot so after two or three days we will give it away'. As I hung up he chimed 'thanks for being part of the solution !'. I laughed.....

The EPA rating for the LR is 28kWh/100 Mi. That equates to a range of 357 Mi., not 405.
I think it is clear the battery is not >100kWh. So how can the EPA rating be listed as >357 Mi.?
Pretty simple math that doesn't add up.
View attachment 687444
I think Tesla does this somewhat shady test where they drive the car beyond 0 miles on the dash to extract the maximum amount of energy from the battery until it shuts down. But of course they recommend buyers of their vehicles to never run past 0..

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Bill
I was not promised a June delivery, but happy to pitch in my discontent with the mixed signals, false information, and general chaos that has become the Tesla ordering process.