Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went by the Renton, WA Tesla this evening. The Plaids and LR were still there from exactly 10 days ago when I saw them.

Also noticed what I had thought was a LR with 19s is actually a Plaid with 19s when I walked around the back. Still not gone.

Glad to hear deliveries are apparently resuming.

Attachments

• A876A81E-1CC8-4F6A-A0D1-53735B868F9F.jpeg
    A876A81E-1CC8-4F6A-A0D1-53735B868F9F.jpeg
    670.3 KB · Views: 87
Yeah, it's about time that this narrative gets met with dismissal and ridicule. Because anyone propagating this mindset is being unfair. The focus should be on Tesla's failure to communicate with customers, especially Plaid+ reservation holders, and not on how one feels after one gets the car. Obviously, I'll feel better once
I get the car but that doesn't justify Tesla's garbage service.
I have a slightly different take.
"It is the Tesla way" is an accurate statement.
It is also accurate that the disgust of the order/sales experience will fade when you get the car.

The question for me is (1) is it ok for Tesla to behave like this and (2) if it is not, what can or should be done about it.

The Service Center Sales Manager used an interesting term yesterday when I was speaking with her about who in upper management would be best to target with a quick note regarding my issues. She said that was hard as they are not "customer facing". This tells me that Tesla has learned from nine years of unacceptable business practices. What they have learned is that they need to build better walls and improved defenses to keep customers from reaching decision makers and requiring them to address issues. They have now effectively limited the customer facing elements of the company to prevent customers from having issues addressed by decision makers.

The above removes the issue of intent for me. Tesla management knows what they are doing and are intelligently going about doing it. Right and wrong is not part of the calculus. The most generous view for me is that the ends justify the means when achieving "the mission" (a term you will hear frequently when interfacing with the "customer facing" side of sales).

Someone might get lucky at the Tampa SC. My sister backed out of her Blue MSLR she ordered in January, got tired of the wait and picked up another car instead. It obviously hasn’t been delivered there but she’s going to decline delivery if it ever comes since she already got another vehicle and is going to forfeit $100 regardless.
Sounds similar to my build. If it comes before mine I’ll take it lol

Ordered a LR w/ 19” on 7/8 and my EDD consistently has said “October”. Now today it’s blank. I’m sure it doesn’t mean much since I’m so far back in line.

Haven’t seen the 19”s but trying not to upgrade to the 21s so I get the damn car sooner!
My September then gone then rock steady september date just disappeared. Oh well!

Okay my Tesla family, I logged into my account today and my EDD of August was gone.....BUTTTTT and the bottom of the page I have " Review agreements". of course it won't let me click on the link but does say we will notify you when agreements are available :( . At least my account is doing something and they know that I exist. I won't get my hopes up....😉...well at least not to much...keep me in your prayers..

I have the same thing now. First time I have had anything new on my account. Does everyone have that and wonder if it means getting closer?

Just got a call from my tesla sales agent in The Netherlands, Europe. Model S was supposed to be delibevered in september 2021 but will shift to q1 2022.
This is a big disadvantage because of taxes. So it will probably be my ticket out of this forum.
I’m not sure I understand. What is the tax disadvantage for you between getting the car now vs Q1 2022?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I have a slightly different take.
"It is the Tesla way" is an accurate statement.
It is also accurate that the disgust of the order/sales experience will fade when you get the car.

The question for me is (1) is it ok for Tesla to behave like this and (2) if it is not, what can or should be done about it.

The Service Center Sales Manager used an interesting term yesterday when I was speaking with her about who in upper management would be best to target with a quick note regarding my issues. She said that was hard as they are not "customer facing". This tells me that Tesla has learned from nine years of unacceptable business practices. What they have learned is that they need to build better walls and improved defenses to keep customers from reaching decision makers and requiring them to address issues. They have now effectively limited the customer facing elements of the company to prevent customers from having issues addressed by decision makers.

The above removes the issue of intent for me. Tesla management knows what they are doing and are intelligently going about doing it. Right and wrong is not part of the calculus. The most generous view for me is that the ends justify the means when achieving "the mission" (a term you will hear frequently when interfacing with the "customer facing" side of sales).
With what has happened to you, a Better Business Bureau complaint is probably most appropriate. You experienced financial loss based on their actions. BBB complaints tend to be noticed once they start adding up.

Same lame "minor fixes". Oh well.
Went by the Renton, WA Tesla this evening. The Plaids and LR were still there from exactly 10 days ago when I saw them.

Also noticed what I had thought was a LR with 19s is actually a Plaid with 19s when I walked around the back. Still not gone.

Glad to hear deliveries are apparently resuming.
This pic pretty much seals it for me. I’m gonna upgrade to the 21’s….

Just got a call from my tesla sales agent in The Netherlands, Europe. Model S was supposed to be delibevered in september 2021 but will shift to q1 2022.
This is a big disadvantage because of taxes. So it will probably be my ticket out of this forum.
I'm in the same situation; Canada starts a new luxury tax in 2022 for cars costing $100,000 or more. The lesser of 10% of value or 20% of the cost over $100,000. No way will I be paying that on top of our 13% tax and Tesla's pricing in Canada.