Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lolachampcar said:
Just dropped a note of to the Sales Manager at my local Service Center as a last act of disgust.

If fellow Plaid+ to Plaid converts who were promised a June delivery would like to express our feelings to upper management in unison, I'll be happy to pitch in, take the lead or whatever else is needed to help. PM if interested.
Bill

nah, i think your reaction is hugely overblown. you sound like a toddler stamping his foot at not getting exactly what he wanted exactly when he wanted. production is hard. obviously unforeseen stuff came up. it honestly doesn't bother me in the least. the car is obviously going to be amazing (if it's anything like my current P100D). who cares if i get it a month or two later than promised. in the grand scheme of things, it's a total non issue and not worth my energy -- especially when it's not going to change anything. they're not holding your car just to screw with you.

I get it. Some days I would Just get sick of their shenanigans and needed to lash out.
This is the best place to do that as most of you are going through the same thing.
Hopefully the wait will be worth it to you lolachamcar. It was for me

I'm thinking one of the guesses on the other thread is really likely: they were validating/testing some SW items, and they just passed tests.
I think so too. Just saw a software update pending:
1627092919883.png

You do realize that Tesla said that deliveries of this car would start in February, right? Back in March, when the delay was just “a month or two,” I expressed your sentiment on this board. Now, I have nothing but contempt for Tesla. There is nothing “unforeseen” that could possibly excuse this delay. It was fraud.
Same here...

My new LR had been at Tesla service since July 7th. I was supposed to get the car back last Tuesday after the body shop fixed the clear coat on one of the doors, but Tesla just pushed the completion date out another week. I don’t know if the body shop is incompetent and just didn’t start on the car, or if Tesla is deliberately keeping the car for more time.

The car was delivered on June 30th and I only got two days with the car before returning it to service. I’m sitting here as a current LR owner stuck waiting like the rest of you. Unfortunately, I get the added benefit of making car payments and paying interest while I wait for my car. 🤦‍♂️

Just my thoughts:

Unless they really are in the middle of the process for fixing your paint, I would take the car back and wait until the rush is over on the refreshed models. So Many deliveries rushed ( Like mine) for EOQ that there are definitely going to have some quality control issues with a lot of cars.

Bring it back in a month or when they are available to take care of you car immediately and enjoy the car. It is making me smile. Just my 2 cents.