Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like seriously, if they can give legitimate info then I wouldn’t have ordered CF knowing it’s delayed (configurator then had nothing about CF or 19 delays). If something comes up along the way then keep me in the loop and let me switch to something that’s more obtainable. Why is this the most inconvenient and the least flexible shopping experience? It’s almost as if they’re trying to piss off all the current order holders to cancel so they can just pump out cars to the new order holders with the $10k mark up. Because the 1.1 BILLION profit last quarter wasn’t enough.
I’ve been trying to call my delivery advisor for 3 business days. Straight to her voicemail, and says mailbox is full. And she’s not replying to my emails either. But I clicked her LinkedIn, and she clicked on mine on the same day… I’m definitely not feeling the “love” and I haven’t done anything obnoxious or anything!

I gotta say, this is hugely disappointing. It's even worse when my account says July 30-August 7, and the site says January. I'm going to guess a large majority of us are not going to see our cars till next year. 😭
The big question is - is that date range only for new orders? Or does it effect previously placed orders? No one really knows.

Edit @T-Racer and I on the same brain wave.

I’ve been trying to call my delivery advisor for 3 business days. Straight to her voicemail, and says mailbox is full. And she’s not replying to my emails either. But I clicked her LinkedIn, and she clicked on mine on the same day… I’m definitely not feeling the “love” and I haven’t done anything obnoxious or anything!
Mine told me all the rumors about CF shortage and 19 issues were just speculations and weren’t true. She said if it didn’t come from SA then it’s not true because they have meetings and know about everything. She then told me to contact her with any rumors to clear up so I wrote her a bunch of stuff to see whether it’s true or false and she has yet to answer me, it’s been 10+ days.

PS: this was in person when we test drove the MY prior to placing the order for that. Blank as well now…

I ordered a Model S plaid yesterday and it said August. How naive would I have to be to think Tesla might live to that commitment? What happens if the delivery date slips and you just want your few dollar deposit back?
Someone ordered two or three weeks ago and has a delivery window in the new two weeks. So it is not impossible. But take it with a grain of salt.

Not sure about getting your deposit back - it says non-refundable and you agreed to those terms.

Someone ordered two or three weeks ago and has a delivery window in the new two weeks. So it is not impossible. But take it with a grain of salt.

Not sure about getting your deposit back - it says non-refundable and you agreed to those terms.
Yeah, it’s non-refundable with a bait you with a soon date and switch to next year date after deposit clears.

This is my SA on LI

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210727-215354_LinkedIn.jpg
    Screenshot_20210727-215354_LinkedIn.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Mine told me all the rumors about CF shortage and 19 issues were just speculations and weren’t true. She said if it didn’t come from SA then it’s not true because they have meetings and know about everything. She then told me to contact her with any rumors to clear up so I wrote her a bunch of stuff to see whether it’s true or false and she has yet to answer me, it’s been 10+ days.

PS: this was in person when we test drove the MY prior to placing the order for that. Blank as well now…
Even F1 team is low on CF, major supply issue

1627437282727.png

Yeah, it’s non-refundable with a bait you with a soon date and switch to next year date after deposit clears.
Exactly! And the fact that I made the order based on the fact a delivery window coincided with the trade-in offer on my model 3 performance. It's a hundred bucks so no big deal but I doubt they would argue with a credit card dispute or want to see me in small claims court in Georgia. I'm not usually a dick but don't really appreciate getting lied to about delivery dates and commitments.

The big question is - is that date range only for new orders? Or does it effect previously placed orders? No one really knows.

Edit @T-Racer and I on the same brain wave.
Past experience tells me for all unfulfilled orders. My configurator told me June when I ordered 19/CF. Then after deposit cleared it went blank. Been blank since and conveniently enough 19s and CF “new orders” got pushed forward.

Exactly! And the fact that I made the order based on the fact a delivery window coincided with the trade-in offer on my model 3 performance. It's a hundred bucks so no big deal but I doubt they would argue with a credit card dispute or want to see me in small claims court in Georgia. I'm not usually a dick but don't really appreciate getting lied to about delivery dates and commitments.
Haha. You ordered two days ago. Yea. Tesla isn't so great with estimates apparently. Something's majorly wrong if the website is showing such crazy dates now

I know this thread is mostly for us losers still waiting for a car, but has anyone here without a VIN had a date SO close by and had that pushed out a significant amount OR taken delivery? Again, my dates say July 30-August 7. That’s way too exciting to think I’ll get pushed back till January…

Basically, someone give me hope…
I don’t want to lie to you because there’s someone here with EDD of July in their account.

Wow the delivery window updates, wow. So either they have like 100k LR reservations or they are more screwed supply wise than they have said to this point ... Wow. Maybe I should pick it up and sell it for $30k extra. Lord.

Another guess: no Plaid demand, trying to find levers to pull to push people over. Bet they raise the LR again soon...