Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think so...the taycan is over a half second faster than the MSLR... that's not very close in drag racing. The Taycan 60 fts a lot better too.
It is almost without a doubt that the LR will pull on the Taycan from a roll. In a roll, the Porsche doesn't have access to all 750hp, as that's only on overboost. So the Porsche is stuck with 616hp, 5,150 pounds, and a worse power curve.

The problem is, that even if they did, it would end up being like $350,000, just to match the Plaid's performance. Porsche is pretty much out of the game at this point. The Plaid's next competition will be the Lucid Air Tri Motor (still like 180k+), which will just prompt Tesla to launch the SW update that puts the Plaid into the 8s.

I tend to agree. I don't doubt for a second that the Plaid is capable of more. These motors are just astonishing.

against the Plaid? absolutely no chance. Plaid isn't just way way faster, it's also lighter. Even Porsches must conform to the laws of physics.
100% agree. As good as the Porsche's handling may be, it's kind of a pig in weight. The Plaid is not only astronomically faster in a straight line, but it also has torque vectoring.

I do believe this is still the Model S Delivery Update forum. Please correct me if I am wrong!! LOL

SA told me my car is on the train from Richmond, CA to Georgia. Delivery to the SC is August 9th in the morning. He stated that the Model S delivery turnaround time has been longer than other Tesla Models. Meaning if it arrives the August 9th, it is likely to stay in inspection/detail status for a few days upon arrival. He is projecting August 12th delivery. SC is Ft Myers, FL.

The march forward of the delivery date stopped four days ago and is locked on August 6th - 12th. I will update if anything significant happens.

This video makes me believe the LR would give the Taycan Turbo S a run for its money.
I'm convinced Tesla is sandbagging the LR to make a larger gap between its performance and the Plaid. We already had a 2.4 0-60 dual motor Tesla. I don't see why the hardware in the LR would not be capable of similar performance, and I absolutely expect Tesla to sell me a half second 0-60 upgrade in the future.

I'm convinced Tesla is sandbagging the LR to make a larger gap between its performance and the Plaid. We already had a 2.4 0-60 dual motor Tesla. I don't see why the hardware in the LR would not be capable of similar performance, and I absolutely expect Tesla to sell me a half second 0-60 upgrade in the future.
Cant wait to see that upgrade show up in the app.

They did the same thing with the Model 3 LR. And then oh, look, a $2k boost update, and now it's so close to the Model 3 P it's silly, especially from a roll - where in some testing the LR 3 pulls ahead. Definitely left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth...

They did the same thing with the Model 3 LR. And then oh, look, a $2k boost update, and now it's so close to the Model 3 P it's silly, especially from a roll - where in some testing the LR 3 pulls ahead. Definitely left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth...
I can't imagine the look on Plaid owners faces if that ever happened to the MSLR 😂

I can't imagine the look on Plaid owners faces if that ever happened to the MSLR 😂

Little chance of that. The carbon fiber rotors and extra motor will have something to say about that, I'd expect. It's also very possible that these LR motors simply are not as tuned as the previous S Performance. I think we're perhaps more likely to see Plaid software update for more performance, than LR performance update. Or to put it another way, if we see an LR performance update, we'll also see a Plaid performance update.

You're not going to catch three motors, but if they drop that 0-60 to 2.4, that 45k looks less appealing, unless you enjoy race day. I don't expect this to happen for a least a year, but I do whole heartedly believe that 3.1 is artificial.

You actually do have something to gain from cancelling preorders. It lets all the insulated managers, who won't talk to customers, have to deal with the metrics in their power point slides of decreasing reservations and cancelled orders.

Holding on to a reservation you don't want just lets them pat each other on the back for the loyalty of their customers. I bet there is a threshold of canceled reservations that makes someone ask what they can do to fix that trend.
Hm. The game theory here is bad. The best outcome for me is for everyone *else* to cancel while I keep mine.

You’re describing a kind of prisoner’s dilemma. Those don’t usually end well.