Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a question that will hopefully have a helpful answer.

Does anyone with CF trim have an EDD? Mine has been blank for over a month now. I'm starting to think the estimate for CF when it was quoted September in the configurator was for all CF orders regardless of order date…

Now CF Plaid's have been pushed to Dec-Jan! White/CF to Feb-Mar! This is insanity. If the Taycan had half as good of an autopilot as Tesla, I'd seriously be going that route.

Good grief a couple of you really act like school children.

On topic: finally called my SA after 4 months of quietly waiting and religiously following this thread. I do not have a VIN or EDD on my profile, but I am in the build plan and should expect delivery in August or early September. MSLR, MSM, Cream, 19s, no FSD ordered April 1st to Dallas. Fingers crossed this holds. Will cross-post to LR-specific break off thread.
If this were true, then mine must be in build stage. Wish I had a way to verify this...if only they would answer calls or texts.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Does anyone with CF trim have an EDD? Mine has been blank for over a month now. I'm starting to think the estimate for CF when it was quoted September in the configurator was for all CF orders regardless of order date…

Now CF Plaid's have been pushed to Dec-Jan! White/CF to Feb-Mar! This is insanity. If the Taycan had half as good of an autopilot as Tesla, I'd seriously be going that route.
CF trims have been popping up in deliveries here and on FB Plaid groups.
I think white interior is a bigger blocker overall.

we’re all holding our breath for a hopeful update in the first week of August that gives us a better idea of where we stand.

I’m secretly hoping Tesla calls me EOQ to swap to black/CF interior. At this point I will do it.

Does anyone with CF trim have an EDD?

19" / white interior / black exterior / CF trim.

RN11394xxxx -- very early. :)

it was "July" for a long time, went blank for a week, then went back to "July", which it still says right now.

Still no VIN. Tesla knows there are only 31 days in July, and not like ... 70, right?

Last edited:

I think it’s hard to get a Taycan too, really almost anything. My orders are both blank, and I don’t need a car soon. But I really want one!

When I ordered my MX in 2016, I knew it would take 3 months. My estimated delivery date didn’t vary much at all. Great experience!

I had an EDD of July for a few weeks, then it went blank 2 weeks ago and has been blank ever since. My order is Red / White / CF so I may not get my car until 2025 at this rate.

CF trims have been popping up in deliveries here and on FB Plaid groups.
I think white interior is a bigger blocker overall.

we’re all holding our breath for a hopeful update in the first week of August that gives us a better idea of where we stand.

I’m secretly hoping Tesla calls me EOQ to swap to black/CF interior. At this point I will do it.
Ah good to know about the CF trim deliveries.

If EOQ comes and you still don't have your white/CF trim, I think you are better off switching too. I had the opportunity to switch a week before July to get my Plaid in June and I declined. I'm regretting that now lol.

I think it’s hard to get a Taycan too, really almost anything. My orders are both blank, and I don’t need a car soon. But I really want one!

When I ordered my MX in 2016, I knew it would take 3 months. My estimated delivery date didn’t vary much at all. Great experience!
It may be hard to get a Taycan spec'd exactly as you want it, but there are (were) plenty around when I was shopping around 2-3 months ago. I too don't need a car right now, but I sold my 911 a month ago because used car prices were at an all time high. Now I wish I held onto it just so I can enjoy it a little bit more. I miss my Porsche 😭

This shortage has really royally screwed everything up. Thanks COVID.

This has been a really long month.

Back to being optimistic though about my order! It's gotta happen sooner than later!
Regardless of when we receive our cars, there’s one thing that’s certain. Each day that goes by, we’re one day closer to receiving our refresh 🤩.. kinda obvious but trying to stay optimistic which is not easy tbh.

It may be hard to get a Taycan spec'd exactly as you want it, but there are (were) plenty around when I was shopping around 2-3 months ago. I too don't need a car right now, but I sold my 911 a month ago because used car prices were at an all time high. Now I wish I held onto it just so I can enjoy it a little bit more. I miss my Porsche 😭

Oh boy, I hear you. Whenever I think about all the dumb things I’ve done as an adult, selling my P100D in March is at the top of the list. I‘ve been regretting it every day especially when I have to gas up my ICE. It’s super depressing.

19" / white interior / black exterior / CF trim.

RN11394xxxx -- very early. :)

it was "July" for a long time, when blank for a week, then went back to "July", which it still says right now.

Still no VIN. Tesla knows there are only 31 days in July, and not like ... 70, right?
Yikes, you have the trifecta! I can't believe your EDD says July hahah.

I have CF trim and an EDD of Aug 10-17. No VIN yet though.

I’m actually in the process selling my 21 Taycan Turbo S now. Only 1,100 miles on it. Lol. Fully wrapped in Xpel PPF and comes with wheel and tire package transferable to new owner.

Well at least you've got 3 plaids coming 😂
Lmao nooo.. First Plaid order was battery day. Canceled in March for regular Plaid which was order number two. Third plaid order in May replaced order number two. Order number two was black CF and I wanted to switch to MSM/wood trim. The site showed June so I decided to eat the $100 and I placed a new order. Unfortunately, I ordered all with 19s so my bright idea didn’t work out so well. Of course after placing my most recent order, we learn about the 19” debacle, and the price goes up so I’m stuck. You can call me a dumbass, I’ll accept
1627579638894.png