Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not teally on topic but put in at a tesla destination charger a few minutes ago. The vehicle on the deivers screen that shows ot is charging is wierd now. The wheels are rotating while it is charging. Never done that before.

Any reason why?
My dog runs in his sleep. Maybe your Tesla is having a bad dream.

They are works of art IMO. I bet if Tesla really wanted to go all out, they could rip off a good sub 9 from the current Plaid with just a SW update.
I'm wondering what they'd have to do - I know they chill the motors already - could a software update release more juice, or actually make the motors colder, or some combination? Maybe it would require more time between launches to further cool, etc. - or, maybe we're just speculating and maybe the harnesses, etc. are maxed out with the amperage they can handle.
It's Tesla, if these could go 0-60 in 1.98 I'd imagine they'd have advertised that like crazy - so maybe this is eeking every erg out of the system. Maybe not. It will be interesting to see.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
We’re agreeing actually.

More to the point, I’m noting that the game theory would lead one to expect exactly that outcome. Everyone will keep the order they want.
Yes, but someone had stated if you don't want your car anymore, there is no reason to cancel your reservation. My point is that a cancellation gets noticed, and enough of them would cause a course correction.

I'm wondering what they'd have to do - I know they chill the motors already - could a software update release more juice, or actually make the motors colder, or some combination? Maybe it would require more time between launches to further cool, etc. - or, maybe we're just speculating and maybe the harnesses, etc. are maxed out with the amperage they can handle.
It's Tesla, if these could go 0-60 in 1.98 I'd imagine they'd have advertised that like crazy - so maybe this is eeking every erg out of the system. Maybe not. It will be interesting to see.
Lets not forget that reliability and longevity of the product comes into play for design and engineering. The Plaid is probably as fast as it can be without sacrificing durability and degradation.

Yes, but someone had stated if you don't want your car anymore, there is no reason to cancel your reservation. My point is that a cancellation gets noticed, and enough of them would cause a course correction.
That is correct; however, it requires a large group to do it and even though it’s the best for the *group* it is better for the individual if everyone *else* does it.

That is correct; however, it requires a large group to do it and even though it’s the best for the *group* it is better for the individual if everyone *else* does it.
You sound like you are talking from a book on philosophy. Individual actions should not be based on what the group does, unless the outcome is already known. I don't have to know how many people are upset with Tesla if I cancel my order. I simply cancel it, knowing that sends a message. If enough people do the same, something changes. If not, so be it.

Based on your outlook, I should find out who everyone else is voting for before I vote. If I don't, why bother?

Mine just went from July 31-August 7, to August 1-August 8. So it begins, the slow…descent into madness…
Why do they have different date range spreads? I have a 2 week spread.. Others have shorter. I've decided that this is evidence that we are part of a psychological experiment. Either that or this is proof that we all are part of a computer program and there was been a software glitch.

The problem is, that even if they did, it would end up being like $350,000, just to match the Plaid's performance. Porsche is pretty much out of the game at this point. The Plaid's next competition will be the Lucid Air Tri Motor (still like 180k+), which will just prompt Tesla to launch the SW update that puts the Plaid into the 8s.
This is a really good point--even if they can bring the technology to bear, to do it within their current pricing structure pushes the price to some multiple of the Plaid. And getting walked by an upstart Tesla is gonna make those plush Porsche seat feel a little less comfy. :)

Why do they have different date range spreads? I have a 2 week spread.. Others have shorter. I've decided that this is evidence that we are part of a psychological experiment. Either that or this is proof that we all are part of a computer program and there was been a software glitch.

It's all crap, - we all know it now. It's embarrassing that a company with such forward-thinking technology has no clue how to run an ordering system. Just ridiculous.

I also have been misled by SA after SA, - some telling me complete nonsense (like if I change my Plaid interior from carbon fiber to wood it will incur a $5k difference in price due to price changes). What?! First, I ordered my car after any price changed, and second - there was never a $5k difference for Plaid. It just boggles my mind how most of us here know more about these cars than the people representing the company. Just... shameful.

I think they are totally sandbagging on the Plaid and probably on the LR too. I think they want to to see what Lucid can manage before we see any upgrades. I think they would also love to beat the Taycan Turbo S at the 'Ring.

Let me phrase it this way: Tesla has never shipped a car, especially their performance flagship, without performance in reserve. This guarantees that they will be able to stay on top of the game in the years to come, without really having to change much. Personally, I doubt that Tesla would have to do anything other than unleashing more of the beast. Tesla is nowhere near being done with the Plaid yet.

Last edited:
This is a really good point--even if they can bring the technology to bear, to do it within their current pricing structure pushes the price to some multiple of the Plaid. And getting walked by an upstart Tesla is gonna make those plush Porsche seat feel a little less comfy. :)
Even Lucid's Tri Motor Air will likely be approaching $200k, and that might be something remotely close to the Plaid in performance. Mercedes is debuting the EQS AMG (which will likely be quite a bit slower, at 3.5 seconds 0-60), at Munich in September, and that will likely be somewhere around the same in pricing. Even these will be way more expensive than the Plaid, and Porsche.... well..... yeah, they're pretty much out, like I was saying earlier.

It's all crap, - we all know it now. It's embarrassing that a company with such forward-thinking technology has no clue how to run an ordering system. Just ridiculous.

I also have been misled by SA after SA, - some telling me complete nonsense (like if I change my Plaid interior from carbon fiber to wood it will incur a $5k difference in price due to price changes). What?! First, I ordered my car after any price changed, and second - there was never a $5k difference for Plaid. It just boggles my mind how most of us here know more about these cars than the people representing the company. Just... shameful.
This just confirms my conspiracy theories.