Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm so happy tomorrow is already July 30th! One day left until I'll see my baby!

DON'T TELL ME ANYTHING hahahahha I want to believe!

*crying* 🤣
1627607649127.png

After my “October” EDD went blank a few days ago I texted my SA to see if he knew anymore about where my order stood. He called me back today and said he looked “as deep as far as I can go” into my account and said that my order was in the “planning for production stage” but couldn’t tell me much more. When I asked if I was going to remain on Team October or get traded to Team Feb/March he said “I’m not sure I really dont know”.

Isn’t it fun hinging a 90k purchase on a bunch of stock lip service and well frankly, useless nothing information given to the customer? No other brand on Earth can get away with laughable bullshit like this. And I’m still, somehow, super hard to get this car?

Last edited:
Something interesting just happened.... I've had a VIN since 7/15. This morning was the first day since having a VIN that the date range did not push out another day but stayed the same as yesterday. Just NOW the date range actually moved 1 day earlier! This morning was Aug 7 - 13. Now it is Aug 6 -12. This is much different that the way I've seen things move in the past. Hoping my car is in transit.

I do remember that probably a few thousand pages ago someone was telling the story about dealership experience and etc. So, I can only agree now.

Found Plaid, sent an offer. Did not put my phone #, only email, and asked only one question, if they would accept my offer? Got an email back in a few minutes from someone from that dealership asking me if I do have any questions? Without telling me if they would accept my offer...

Well... I sit tight and wait for my Plaid with white interior now...

I drove a new M3P yesterday. I found a sliding brake regen scale that I could slide between 0-100%. It didn’t seem to be operational yet. Anyone with the new refreshed S seen this as an option? SA was surprised. Hopefully coming in future SW updates.
That is in track mode only! As of now, that is only in M3P. It might come to plaid model S, but only time will tell with that. It’s operating fine in model 3. Assuming that you had a test drive car they probably have that locked out for obvious reasons. 😅 But if the car is in drive and moving track mode option are grey out. You have to activate track mode before moving then you can adjust all the track setting that you were seeing.

It's a little different with the S refresh. The Model 3 LR and Model 3P have the same battery and dual motor set up so it was obvious Tesla was software limiting the Model 3 LR. Even though the S Plaid and S LR have the same battery pack (I think,) the 3 motors in the Plaid vs. the 2 motors in the LR should separate the two cars even if a LR acceleration boost ever comes out. Tesla can probably improve the S LR 0-60 acceleration by a half second (and the 1/4 by half second) but I doubt the LR will ever get into the 9s unless a third motor is added if that's even possible.
It is true the M3 uses the same motors but they perform a series of evaluations on each one and pick certain ones for the P versions of the M3. I will bet $1 that all Model S motors start on the same assembly line. Then they pick the ‘best’ to get shunted to a ‘Plaid’ line for the carbon wrapping and other tweaks to handle the high RPM required for the 200mph goal.

I drove a new M3P yesterday. I found a sliding brake regen scale that I could slide between 0-100%. It didn’t seem to be operational yet. Anyone with the new refreshed S seen this as an option? SA was surprised. Hopefully coming in future SW updates.
Why would you want to have regen lower than max? Are there times you're like to wear out your brakes instead of charging the battery?

Sorry, that sounds way more sarcastic than I mean it. But it seems to me that one-foot driving is a way better approach. Some people when they're just getting started with Tesla feel more comfortable having their Tesla mimic their ICE car, but they should just relearn how the accelerator works instead. IMO.

Sounds promising to me, though you may not want to advertise too loudly when/if you get a VIN. People around here may lose their minds if they see you get a VIN when you ordered just a couple weeks ago. ;-)
He can be in the "Leo hates me club"... Don't think most mind being in it.

He can be in the "Leo hates me club"... Don't think most mind being in it.
That dude should be the MVP of the "Leo hates me club!" Absolutely crazy how long people in this thread have been waiting and rather than finding someone with an older order to fill or convert over, they fill a brand new order.

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid