Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So obviously Tesla has enough demand and constrained enough supply that they’re taxing later adopters… but I wonder if the other effect of a price increase on a day where everyone’s orders might have just been shoved back three months is - lock in those orders. Wanna walk now? You’ll lose out on your $10k arbitrage. I was close to giving up because I’m confident I’m going to lose my hilarious trade in value on my 3 but now I have a $10k buffer on my equity before the car is even a twinkle on Elon’s eye. Interesting.

So obviously Tesla has enough demand and constrained enough supply that they’re taxing later adopters… but I wonder if the other effect of a price increase on a day where everyone’s orders might have just been shoved back three months is - lock in those orders. Wanna walk now? You’ll lose out on your $10k arbitrage. I was close to giving up because I’m confident I’m going to lose my hilarious trade in value on my 3 but now I have a $10k buffer on my equity before the car is even a twinkle on Elon’s eye. Interesting.

I have no doubts demand is strong for the LR but all of what you said makes sense. Although if it were just locking us in, wonder why not do a single price jump all at once? Who knows these people are strange.

Got the wall charger installed today! I’m ready for this car to arrive now, lol.

EDD shifted back one day again 3-7 Aug. final day of the date range hasn’t moved since last Sunday so all indications point to me having a car by the weekend!

Attachments

• D1ECD2DB-8ABB-4051-A453-99E293B265C6.jpeg
    D1ECD2DB-8ABB-4051-A453-99E293B265C6.jpeg
    651.8 KB · Views: 72
Ordered Plaid Plus within 5 mins of orders opening up. Transferred my order to Plaid. Like others, ordered White with white/black carbon fiber and 21" wheels. Estimated delivery date was July until Aug 1 came and now no delivery date and no one in sales can tell me anything. I have a friend who was able to look forward to mid-September and see that I still do not have a VIN, in fact no one in North Texas with that configuration has a VIN. I was able to get him to research a Black/black with wood Plaid that appeared on the Tesla lot last week and that order has been delivered and was originally placed after my order. So I guess if I had gone with that config I would probably have my Plaid now.
Yep you have the October maybe config. Welcome to the club.

Just hope that some white carbon fiber cows find their way to the factory before then.

Besides the Plaid event, I have seen zero white CF configs. I’ve seen white. I’ve seen CF. So what is so special about white CF? Must be a rare cow.

I only look once a month (ish). Never had a date. Like many others, saw October today. That’s somewhat refreshing seeing the rumors of February 22 push out the last week. All that said, I’m taking it casually understanding it will change, go blank etc based on many other’s roller coaster rides. 👍🤷🏻‍♂️
Ok. No car so not part of the family yet per se but boy do I feel part of the initiation or better - the HAZING mental games club!! October delivery date disappeared. I think I preferred having the f’ing thing continually blank! 🤪🤷🏻‍♂️🙄😂😭🤬

Uhhhhhh after 11.49 in the quarter mile, you need a six point harness, and all kinds of safety stuff too:
Guess you're screwed if you bought the LR and want to unleash its potential.....;)🤣

Got the wall charger installed today! I’m ready for this car to arrive now, lol.

EDD shifted back one day again 3-7 Aug. final day of the date range hasn’t moved since last Sunday so all indications point to me having a car by the weekend!
I'm the same dates it would be nice

Did @sflgator offer to buy it so he can put two on his car? 🤣
Nah, but I am actually thinking of keeping the front plate holder and having a custom plate made for the front read "FK HAYSEED" or maybe "PLAID +++" or possibly "FUK TMC" or perhaps "FU-P0SRS." Oh, wait, I got it..."LR S4 L0SRS." What do you think? BWAH!!! 😜 🤣

Last edited:
Nah, but I am actually thinking of keeping the front plate holder and having a custom plate for the front read "FK HAYSEED" or maybe "PLAID +++" or possibly "FUK TMC" or perhaps "FU-PSERS." Oh, wait, I got it..."LR S4 L0SRS." What do you think? BWAH!!! 😜 🤣

I am partial to the first plate...