Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got pushed back again by 1 day.

Here’s a list:

7/30 and before: blank

7/31 August 11th - 25th

8/1 August 12th - 25th

8/2 August 13th - 25th

8/3: August 14th - 25th

8/4: August 16th - 24th

8/5: August 17th - 24th

8/6: August 18th - 25th

8/7: August 19th - 28th

Today: August 20th - 29th
Trying to take the lead from @AnselmDante

but Tesla knows that they can attract people like you with 9.28@152 :). In addition, they know there is another right behind you should you reach your fill.

I agree that this will not last forever. By the same token, I do not see any of the legacy mfgs producing a car like the Plaid (or even LR for that matter) save Porsche and they are a niche manufacturer. Lastly, I do not share the high opinion of others for start-ups. Tesla is a true unicorn to do so well and a lot of that can be credited to the audacity of one guy who is just going to do it his way and just happens to be bright enough to pick a viable way. I think the chance of Lucid (or any similar Lucid type entity) having anything but 20k a year niche appeal is near zero and I most certainly would not want a battery long term from a start up like that.

I've been wrong many times in my life so I am approaching this simply from a "trying to understand how intelligent people can behave like this" standpoint and learn.
Beautifully said, @lolachampcar!
What we are seeing here is what happened when Lexus released the LS in 1989. It was an arguably better looking car than the S class, had wayyy more features, and was way more comfortable than any Cadillac. For the next year of the S class, the chief engineer or project manager was actually fired for going wayy over budget to add feature that the over 2x less expensive LS had standard. Cadillac actually bought one, and took it apart to see if they could reverse-engineer it. They came to the conclusion that with GM's current manufacturing techniques, they could not build something like it. The difference with Tesla is that though it could be argued that the LS is more expensive, and not as ahead as it used to be, this is different for Tesla, as they actually INNOVATE.

So it's the same thing, and even more of a factor, with other manufacturers and catching up to Tesla. There will always be a compromise.
A lot of people were concerned when Sandy Monroe announced that he was going to teardown the Plaid. People were worried that he would give away Tesla's secret. I am not one of those people. Sandy could literally tell the legacy car makers EXACTLY how to do it, and they STILL wouldn't. It's the mentality of these manufacturers that is and will continue to limit them. You can give someone the key to achieving greatness, but if the mentality, and the thought process isn't there, nothing will come of it. There will always be SOME asterisk.
This kind of stuff: "Yeah the EV 'Vette can run a mid 9 second 1/4 mile, but it weighs 6500 pounds, and has a 250 mile range, and handles like crap."

Last edited:
I ordered MS LR White/cream interior 19 inch wheels, RN 1145. My EDD was August and just disappeared. Looking for anyone with a similar build configuration and order date. 6 months in.
Same here. RN1144, Feb 1 order, MSM LR 19” wheels. Had Aug EDD for a week after having been blank for 2 months, then blank again a week ago.

but Tesla knows that they can attract people like you with 9.28@152 :). In addition, they know there is another right behind you should you reach your fill.

I agree that this will not last forever. By the same token, I do not see any of the legacy mfgs producing a car like the Plaid (or even LR for that matter) save Porsche and they are a niche manufacturer. Lastly, I do not share the high opinion of others for start-ups. Tesla is a true unicorn to do so well and a lot of that can be credited to the audacity of one guy who is just going to do it his way and just happens to be bright enough to pick a viable way. I think the chance of Lucid (or any similar Lucid type entity) having anything but 20k a year niche appeal is near zero and I most certainly would not want a battery long term from a start up like that.

I've been wrong many times in my life so I am approaching this simply from a "trying to understand how intelligent people can behave like this" standpoint and learn.
I think we should all watch Lucid. You know it's headed by the former chief engineer on the Tesla Model S; he was Elon's right-hand man at the beginning, but it appears he along with so many others differed on the way Elon does things and conducts business. Seems like Lucid is much more about high-end quality, customer service, and the consumer's buying experience as well as performance, leading technology and battery range. Lucid has adopted more of a Mercedes-Benz type of corporate mission strategy and for many consumers, that's much more appealing than having the ability for your car to make fart sounds, play video games inside, and steer with an airplane style/F1 mechanism. Just saying.

Bottom line (for a guy like me who is getting older, not younger, lol) is for my next EV, I would likely sacrifice a little neck-snapping performance of the 1,020 HP/1,050 ft-lb TQ on the Tesla Model S for another sport sedan EV like the Lucid Air GT (same price range) with 800 HP/TQ and very decent performance numbers (say similar to the MS LR) BUT with immense quality improvements, super luxurious, high-end interior and exterior design advantages over the Tesla Model S (all with similar bleeding edge technology that operates the vehicle) AND enjoy much higher max battery range! Let's see what the EPA rates the Lucid Air Dream Ed and upcoming GT and what actual Lucid owners/drivers get in real-world max battery range. Then, let's see what improvements Lucid makes while learning more and more as time goes on. Good times coming up over the next 2-5+ years in the EV world, no doubt about that!

But, again, I hope Tesla takes notice and understands that what was once the "Tesla Cult" of devout and ardent followers and defenders, all that hype and admiration will likely significantly decline, especially if they continue with the same exact business model and how cruddy they treat their own customers. They may build an amazing car right now, but it's just a car that most people drive for a few years and then move on to the next one. Consumer brand loyalty in the auto world is secured better with being awesome in many aspects from ordering to manufacturing, delivering, and of course reliability, maintenance/service and customer service. Can't speak for the Tesla M3 (although none are 'cheap' by any means), but at least these Model S EVs are > $100k vehicles, and a certain level of quality, reliability, communication from the company, and dedication to customer satisfaction and customer service are all expected by consumers spending this kind of their hard-earned money.

FYI, although this is the Lucid Air Dream Ed ($160k) with 1,080 HP (and supposedly ~ 500mi max battery range AND even if it's less, so likely still > 400mi range), but 1/4 mi. in 9.9 sec @ 144mph is nothing to sneeze at in terms of quick performance... Watch the Lucid Air Dream Do a 1/4 Mile in 9.9 Seconds

Last edited:
Well, there aren't enough of you guys. So your exterior is black hm.
Now find me a few white on white on here lol. I know only 1 user who had a long range in that config and no one in that config has even received a car in service centers near me.
It seems like putting White on White is such a marvel of engineering and an impossible feat that it requires all of Tesla engineers to be in prostration for a good two months and pray to their lord and savior, Elon Musk before they start its production. What a load of shiit!

They keep adding salt to the wound, I haven't even received my car yet, because they undelivered it :(

1628445987565.png

Same here. RN1144, Feb 1 order, MSM LR 19” wheels. Had Aug EDD for a week after having been blank for 2 months, then blank again a week ago.
On 8/6/21 our RN11424XXXX EDD changed from "blank" to August 22 - September 03, for a MSM, LR, black interior, 19" wheels. It had been 'July' until about 2 weeks ago before going blank. Some background, we paid $100 deposit on 12/2/20 and received our RN11424 at that time. We delayed confirming our order because we were not sold on the Yoke. We contacted our SA in late February and Our Order agreement says "Order Placed with electronically accepted terms" 02/26/21. FYI to anyone taking advantage of the 2.49% loan. The loan approval is only good for 60 days, the rate for 30 days. We had to reapply 8/7/21 (took only a few hours for the reply). Rate moved slightly to 2.54%. Hope this helps people.

Posted in another MS thread, but figured I'd ask here as well:

Anyone else having issues with the main 17" going dark? Holding down the two buttons (I've tried 30 seconds, and two minutes) on the steering wheel reboots the driver screen, but the main screen will stay dark for hours sometimes. My car is in a detached garage with poor connectivity, but I have had this happen while out driving as well.

Ordered Plaid+ S in Grey with white interior and carbon fiber in January…after much rope-a-dope with downgrade to Plaid and getting the pricing for Plaid retroactively adjusted, I was given the delivery date of June…then it moved to July…then it was removed completely. Ugh…has anyone with a 2021 order date take delivery of Plaid Model S with a white interior? Looking at the design studio it appears that the white interiors are months later delivery estimate than others.
Nope! But people who got lucky during EOQ deliveries would like to rub it in and tell you that white interiors do exist 😂

Beautifully said, @lolachampcar!
What we are seeing here is what happened when Lexus released the LS in 1989. It was an arguably better looking car than the S class, had wayyy more features, and was way more comfortable than any Cadillac. For the next year of the S class, the chief engineer or project manager was actually fired for going wayy over budget to add feature that the over 2x less expensive LS had standard. Cadillac actually bought one, and took it apart to see if they could reverse-engineer it. They came to the conclusion that with GM's current manufacturing techniques, they could not build something like it. The difference with Tesla is that though it could be argued that the LS is more expensive, and not as ahead as it used to be, this is different for Tesla, as they actually INNOVATE.

So it's the same thing, and even more of a factor, with other manufacturers and catching up to Tesla. There will always be a compromise.
A lot of people were concerned when Sandy Monroe announced that he was going to teardown the Plaid. People were worried that he would give away Tesla's secret. I am not one of those people. Sandy could literally tell the legacy car makers EXACTLY how to do it, and they STILL wouldn't. It's the mentality of these manufacturers that is and will continue to limit them. You can give someone the key to achieving greatness, but if the mentality, and the thought process isn't there, nothing will come of it. There will always be SOME asterisk.
This kind of stuff: "Yeah the EV 'Vette can run a mid 9 second 1/4 mile, but it weighs 6500 pounds, and has a 250 mile range, and handles like crap."
Okay - maybe it's not a bot.

Hey all, I've been lurking here for a couple weeks now. Looking to finally order a Model S here in the next week or two, hopefully. My M3P was totaled at no fault of my own by a commercial truck. I wanted a Model S before, but couldn't justify the difference at the time. Now, I can't get anything else. I really don't want to be in an ICE rental for a long time as my commute is 70 miles one way. It seems consensus is the fastest delivery is white/black/21s for both LR and Plaid? Is Plaid still delivering quicker? This will be my 3rd Tesla so I understand the absurdity that comes with ordering one... sadly.

Seems some 19' are finally getting VINs though. My preferred config is white/black/19s on either Plaid or LR, but at this point a faster potential delivery speed may be worth the extra money for the plaid. Wish I was allowed to put a deposit on one before the most recent price increase, but can't win them all. Thanks in advance!