Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Roadtrip???? SO, had the new Model S LR for 2 weeks... First tesla. In fear of jinxing myself, do i dare take it on a 400 Mile roadtrip down 95? No range anxiety just NEW REFRESH anxiety. Anything i need to be watching out for?
Seems like main concern is all the rock chips people are seeing. Hoping some good looking mud flaps are released soon.

Roadtrip???? SO, had the new Model S LR for 2 weeks... First tesla. In fear of jinxing myself, do i dare take it on a 400 Mile roadtrip down 95? No range anxiety just NEW REFRESH anxiety. Anything i need to be watching out for?

New to EV's and have done two 1500+ mile road trips in last 7 weeks . Now at approx. 7k on the odometer. Road trips have been a non-issue. Does need more planning than gas since chargers are not on every corner but we made the stops efficient. Also, I stay in Marriotts and made sure everyone I have stayed in has a charge on site so I wake up with a full charge (and all but two were free). The GPS seems accurate on ending percentage - even in the mountains and rain.

The car itself had no issues. In the 7k miles I have only used 1.5/32nds of tread.

I am really anxious to know what the real world range is- please do it and report back on state of charge and miles achieved- much appreciated!

New to EV's and have done two 1500+ mile road trips in last 7 weeks . Now at approx. 7k on the odometer. Road trips have been a non-issue. Does need more planning than gas since chargers are not on every corner but we made the stops efficient. Also, I stay in Marriotts and made sure everyone I have stayed in has a charge on site so I wake up with a full charge (and all but two were free). The GPS seems accurate on ending percentage - even in the mountains and rain.

The car itself had no issues. In the 7k miles I have only used 1.5/32nds of tread.
What kind of range are you seeing on 100% SOC?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
What kind of range are you seeing on 100% SOC?

I have not paid attention to the actual range. My guess is in the 330-350 range for the entire 7k miles. This was a lot of mountain driving. There was wind and rain trips in there. I do not launch really at all but I do run 75 on the highway and most of the driving is highway driving.

I have not paid attention to the actual range. My guess is in the 330-350 range for the entire 7k miles. This was a lot of mountain driving. There was wind and rain trips in there. I do not launch really at all but I do run 75 on the highway and most of the driving is highway driving.
Well that is all good info- 330-350 with something left in the tank is perfectly fine with how you described it. Thx!

Well that is all good info- 330-350 with something left in the tank is perfectly fine with how you described it. Thx!

I never drive my ICE cars below 1/3 tank and I do not like to do that with the S either. I know it is faster charging but I am still not trusting enough to take it down below 20% yet. Give me time.

I'm a long-time troller on this thread, and a first-time poster. I ordered my Model S Plaid black/black w/ carbon fiber on February 28. Like everyone, I've been on the roller coaster of expected delivery dates. Starting about 3 weeks ago, I've been completely unable to access my order on Tesla.com. I get to the dashboard, and when I click "Manage", it just cycles back to the dashboard. I've tried Chrome & Safari thinking it might be a browser issue. I've attempted to get some help from the Tesla Sales Service text chat. That service typically replied to my questions with a 1-24 hour turnaround up until I had this issue, but now, even after 3 weeks, I haven't received a reply at all. Even though I've followed up with several additional texts, it's like the person on the other end of the like just got up and left the building. Is anyone else having these issues?

I am thinking that Tesla must have instituted some new software that updates the EDD in our accounts quite often, and by small amounts. My LR Red/Cream/19 order said October for a long time. Then this week it went from: November 26 - December 26 on Tuesday to December 04 - January 03 on Wednesday to : December 05 - January 04 yesterday to November 25 - December 25 today! I keep hoping the next update will be for an August EDD, but hasnt happened yet!

I never drive my ICE cars below 1/3 tank and I do not like to do that with the S either. I know it is faster charging but I am still not trusting enough to take it down below 20% yet. Give me time.
I am still unsure of how I will be with an EV (never owned one). With my current cars I would have a range of around 400 miles on a tank. I get gas when the light comes on (on a road trip) or when convenient. Without a roadtrip I only get gas maybe once every couple of weeks during covid. I am unsure if I will care or not.