Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you in the same location? The customer could "reject" it ahead of time and you can be ready to try and swoop in and ask for it - but no promises. You probably will also have to pay the difference of today's prices - even if the car was reserved prior to the price increase. Best bet is to contact your SA and see what can be setup.

If the other user accepts, they could sell it you, but you then deal with local sales tax, etc. etc.
Does your state exempt used car - private sale sales tax? He buys, you pay him…. ???

I’m gonna check them on Monday then… any specific things to know? (Ask at a branch, do it online, mention it’s an RV, etc)
60 months. Did it right thru my BoA app. It’s a preferred rate for being Merrill Lynch customer. I think there were a couple of 0.25% reductions in there too. I don’t believe it’s a rate for general public. Good luck! It’s definitely worth exploring.

Update: Got up at 3:50am and started work on my ride. Currently 9am here in Seattle. So far, this morning I accomplished:
1) Interior detailed. Wood with Old English and everything else with good ‘ol Aerospace 303
2) Got the Porter cable out, and some Griots fine glass polish out and took to grinding all glass down. No more manufacturing or water marks, e.g., suction cup marks, etc.
3) Clay barred entire car, then washed and dried.
4) Took a d__p
5) Applied first of three cQuartz UK ceramic coating on everything, except windshield glass.
6) Now on my union negotiated work break.

Next is coat #2 of ceramic. Then, I will pull the wheels and attempt the flaps. After that, coat three of ceramic will go on. Next, pictures for the forum. People have been asking for specific things like a side shot with the car lowered, pictures of the rims, etc.
Then shower and dinner time. Tomorrow I’ll spray it with Beadmaker.

Back to work now. :p

Update: Got up at 3:50am and started work on my ride. Currently 9am here in Seattle. So far, this morning I accomplished:
1) Interior detailed. Wood with Old English and everything else with good ‘ol Aerospace 303
2) Got the Porter cable out, and some Griots fine glass polish out and took to grinding all glass down. No more manufacturing or water marks, e.g., suction cup marks, etc.
4) Took a d__p
5) Applied first of three cQuartz UK ceramic coating on everything, except windshield glass.

Next is coat #2 of ceramic. Then, I will pull the wheels and attempt the flaps. After that, coat three of ceramic will go on. Next, pictures for the forum. People have been asking for specific things like a side shot with the car lowered, pictures of the rims, etc.

Nice! Thoughts on ceramic vs graphene?

4) Took a d__p

Lol #4 (and #6)

Can you share where you sourced your clay bar from? (and brand, type, etc.)

Last edited:
60 months. Did it right thru my BoA app. It’s a preferred rate for being Merrill Lynch customer. I think there were a couple of 0.25% reductions in there too. I don’t believe it’s a rate for general public. Good luck! It’s definitely worth exploring.
Awesome. What was the down payment? Nvm I saw you just mentioned 60k.

To add a couple of things:
  • I think it is doable, but the first couple of times, take it easy on speed and see how your range holds--hopefully the energy app will release soon to give you more data
  • There are a few things you can turn off to help with the vampire drain like turn off things like Summons standby and Cabin Overheat Protection, and pause anything like TeslaFi that polls your car
  • TBH, no idea what winter weather is like in east Texas, but keep in mind the effect of cold and headwinds on your range
  • OTOH AC is not as big a deal as is is on gasoline cars. On the older S, using the AC was like a 3% ding on range--I assume the new heat pump is improved upon that
  • To the earlier point, if you can arrange to have to plug into a 110V outlet while you are parked, you should have not issues
@omarsultan, thank you. Perfect info. Winter weather in Texas ranges from 55 degrees, much like Cali, to Snowpocalypse conditions (e.g. Feb 14-20, 2021). Plugging into a 110 outlet while the car sits wouldn't be doable, as it's a public garage and it would almost assuredly get stolen if I could park near one! lol. I will def turn off Summons and Cabin Overheat because I don't need the one and the garage is covered so albeit really hot in Texas, overheat shouldn't be an issue, I hope. Lastly, when you say "take it easy on speed" that's a little incongruous with Texas speed limits!! lol. Most interstates are 75mph, some as high as 85mph, and 5mph over is allowable by the Troopers, so Cruise Control on 80mph is usually my go-to, but getting home without depleting my battery weekly will take priority. If I ever get the car, I'm sure there will be a learning curve and I'm taking/keeping all the notes I get from all the OGs on here!! Thanks again sir.

Strange question: is there a way to visually tell a plaid from a LR absent the spoiler and badging (and SW)? For example, is there anyway to observe the presence of the third motor (under the car, from the trunk)?
There is only one more way to tell a Plaid from a LR, and that is the seat bolsters if you can see inside. The seat bolsters on the Plaid are perforated, while on the LR, it's just the smooth leatherette. Or obviously, if it has CF.

Reactions: impastu and bhzmark
4) Took a d__p

That is more work than I will do the entire time I own my plaid.

Hey guys,

A member of this forum had 2 S orders and got their Plaid first but the LR is coming this week. Will Tesla allow them to transfer their order to me so I can purchase their car? We both had pre price change orders, and similar configurations (LR, blue, but different wheels and interior colors). I am worried Tesla either wouldn’t allow the transfer, or, if they do they will charge me the new higher +10k price. Anyone know what might happen?
Tesla has traditionally not allowed anyone but the person that ordered to take delivery.

it would be cheaper to pay the FL sales tax and then buy it from your friend. You will be doing your own title work so you can fenagle the sales tax credit for your trade if you have one.

6% on a pre-increase $80k is better than $10k.
PM on the trade thing if you want to discuss.

Last edited:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 44