Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My god... I HAVE A VIN o_Oo_Oo_O
*And* the EDD moved up a half a week earlier... I guess they just loaded my car on a train? @MarcG
And...my est delivery date range just slipped...but only 2 days to 9/21/21 (from 9/19/21) - 9/30/21 so at least they're still planning on my car for EOQ delivery. Phew. 🙏 ;) I hope I get a VIN by next week or at the latest 1st week of Sept.

Reactions: impastu
Ordered 1/29 MS LR, got a delivery date in 6/28 but wasn't able to pick the car up in the 3 day window. Just got a Vin today but my EDD is February. What are the odds I actually get my car soon? Never heard of getting a VIN but EDD pushed out to February.
The temporary February date is a known bug that occurs when VIN is assigned. Near term delivery estimate should appear before end of day.

The temporary February date is a known bug that occurs when VIN is assigned. Near term delivery estimate should appear before end of day.
1629312775467.png

This is why.

Rimac Nevera was delayed due to COVID. They are planning to build 150. Production only restarted recently in 2021. My position is that the car will be fastest production car when they prove 25. I would love to see that they have produced that many. I cannot find such a thing.
Just a followup.. I looked at the wikipedia page and they have to have built 25 customer-ready cars for it to count, not prototypes. The Nevera wikipedia page states that they expect to ramp production to 4 cars per month, which means just over 6 months from start of production until they can call themselves the quickest production car. Meanwhile how many Plaids will be on the road?

*I love the competition, but this is very much along the lines of "prototypes are easy to build, production is hard". If you charge enough $$ you can just sell prototypes all day.

Just a followup.. I looked at the wikipedia page and they have to have built 25 customer-ready cars for it to count, not prototypes. The Nevera wikipedia page states that they expect to ramp production to 4 cars per month, which means just over 6 months from start of production until they can call themselves the quickest production car. Meanwhile how many Plaids will be on the road?

*I love the competition, but this is very much along the lines of "prototypes are easy to build, production is hard". If you charge enough $$ you can just sell prototypes all day.
Yeah Dragtimes calling the Nevera the fastest production car ever made was some amateur crap. That would be like Usain Bolt celebrating a gold medal victory before the race starts. Get to the finish line, then we'll talk about records.

Well it has now been a week since my nightmare delivery day where the bumper was found damaged, among other issues. It has been radio silence from Tesla and they've told me twice to expect a callback with an update and they failed to do that. It's looking like I may end up waiting a lot longer as the confident estimate they gave me last week was obviously false and they really have no clue when they can get parts. This is not how I want to be treated as a new customer.
@xEvoLveDx Oh brother, so sorry to read this.....

What are the chances folks will ever see a Remac Nevera on the road ? Apparently some people feel better claiming the $2.5M Remac is the fastest car and I'm fine with that even if it's limited production. At least it's an EV lol

What are the chances folks will ever see a Remac Nevera on the road ? Apparently some people feel better claiming the $2.5M Remac is the fastest car and I'm fine with that even if it's limited production. At least it's an EV lol
I'm in L.A. quite often, so I'll eventually see one. In traffic. Going 0-15 in under five seconds, just like every other car.

Not that I'm aware of lol. I paid for my car in full when I got my original VIN. TESLA has been holding my money since June. My account still shows final payment checked off.
Wow that's a long time. Apparently my car arrived at the SC today so as soon as my pick-up date is confirmed, I'll make payment.

Ordered 1/29 MS LR, got a delivery date in 6/28 but wasn't able to pick the car up in the 3 day window. Just got a Vin today but my EDD is February. What are the odds I actually get my car soon? Never heard of getting a VIN but EDD pushed out to February.
Did they ask you to pay for it? I had the same thing happen and the next day the EDD updated to earliest of August 21st. Weird but maybe tomorrow you'll get better news

Did they ask you to pay for it? I had the same thing happen and the next day the EDD updated to earliest of August 21st. Weird but maybe tomorrow you'll get better news
Yeah, they called me Saturday to pick it up Monday and asked me to submit payment. When they screwed up my delivery I figured I would just get the next car coming out, silly me. Last update I got on Friday was Nov-Dec, then saw the VIN today... Can't make this stuff up!

Yeah I'm in a pretty crazy area where a Koenigsegg Regera (1 of 80) shows up, and things like the Mclaren Elva and Chirons, LaFerraris, Sennas and stuff like that come to the shows, so I'll see either a Nevera or a Battista sometime in the next years. It will still be an ultra rarity though, compared to the mass production Plaid.

There's a distributor in Vancouver. Once it's released to Canada we'll see it doing 160 on the Lion's Gate bridge with an "N" plate, then on the back of a flatbed being towed to impound. Also there's a good chance of seeing it parked at a UBC student parking lot, driving for Uber Eats, or in a million pieces on the side of the Sea To Sky highway. Or possibly at a Show 'n Shine being cared for properly. But it will be here.