Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I think there were a couple of posts the past few days asking for a pic of a Plaid with the 19" Tempest wheel covers popped off. Where
here's one I poached from a forum on Facebook.

IMO the car looks MUCH better with the wheel covers ON. Even with that, despite the extra $4500, I'm glad I finally decided to
upgrade to the Arachnids, which make the car look 10k better. Still blows me away that a 130k+ car comes with "hubcaps".
YES! Thank you! I've been digging through forums looking for this. I think it looks good.

Has anyone seen detailed charging and range data on the LR (or Plaid) yet? I'm curious to see what the ~400 mile range translates to in the real world, and also curious if there are charging improvements over the 3. Thanks!
@lolachampcar 's testing seems to indicate that unfortunately, the MS Plaid doesn't get anywhere near 348 mi. max battery range. I would be interested to hear from others with MS Plaids & LR's to ask what kind of max battery range they're getting with a good mix of highway/city & some "spirited" driving?

Reactions: byeLT4 and impastu
No kidding. Mine changed to February for less than 24 hours now back to Nov-Dec which I never thought I'd be so happy to see lol

In 9 days
11 Aug showed - 28 Aug - 17 Sep
12 Aug showed - 25 Aug - 14 Sep
13 Aug showed - 28 Aug - 11 Sep
14 Aug showed - 26 Aug - 8 Sep
15 Aug showed - 27 Aug - 8 Sep
16 Aug showed - 28 Aug - 8 Sep
17 Aug showed - 29 Aug - 8 Sep
18 Aug showed - 30 Aug - 8 Sep
19 Aug shows - 31 Aug - 7 Sep

Right after I "noticed a trend" with that "8 Sep" date, and mention it on here, the Tesla Computer Monkey takes it upon himself to make sure I don't get too settled in and happy!!!

WHERE'S MY CAR ELON???
Aahhh-haa! Maybe that's their strategy, give you a fake Feb date so you'll be happy with Nov-Dec.
BTW, what is the deal with a blank EDD??? WHY oh why?

I ordered Model S LR, midnight silver, 19’, black interior on July 19th 2021…. EDD is showing between October 31st and November 20th. Anyone else ordered around the same time? I am curious about your Estimated Delivery Date.

Mostly for looks but their is functionality for the 21". They will handle better with the shorter/stiffer sidewalls. Driven over 7k miles through 12 states and no issues with the 21" on potholes, etc. These are hoss boat anchors.

Worth the cost of a few miles to me.
Don't knock the looks. I regret ordering the 19" wheels especially since I was locked in by the price increases and can't have them (21" at $4500 ok but at $14500 :mad:).

Those of us that are guys have been told often enough that all we care about are looks and I admit that I spent more time in my garage looking happily at my cars with nice wheels even with all the problems (worse ride for my bad back, damage potential, rash) than the regular ones. Wait, now I feel a little dirty.

Looking for aftermarket wheels now and hoping that lighter forged 19" will get me most of the way there (better looking than 19" with better range than the stock 21"). Also, with the $10k increase (which I have already spent in my head now), I am looking at full XPEL and ceramic now (a first for me).

Don't knock the looks. I regret ordering the 19" wheels especially since I was locked in by the price increases and can't have them (21" at $4500 ok but at $14500 :mad:).

Those of us that are guys have been told often enough that all we care about are looks and I admit that I spent more time in my garage looking happily at my cars with nice wheels even with all the problems (worse ride for my bad back, damage potential, rash) than the regular ones. Wait, now I feel a little dirty.

Looking for aftermarket wheels now and hoping that lighter forged 19" will get me most of the way there (better looking than 19" with better range than the stock 21"). Also, with the $10k increase (which I have already spent in my head now), I am looking at full XPEL and ceramic now (a first for me).
Good words! I too have in fact noticed those generalizations toward it only being looks. Not necessarily true. There is a handling benefit, and for those that don't want to modify their tires after purchasing, it's no secret that the Michelin PS4S tires on the 21s are likely quite a bit better for traction. 🙂

Reactions: Ormond and impastu
Yeah, they called me Saturday to pick it up Monday and asked me to submit payment. When they screwed up my delivery I figured I would just get the next car coming out, silly me. Last update I got on Friday was Nov-Dec, then saw the VIN today... Can't make this stuff up!
That's horrible. I just got a deliver date of Sunday. Hopefully will go smoothly

So I think there were a couple of posts the past few days asking for a pic of a Plaid with the 19" Tempest wheel covers popped off. Where

IMO the car looks MUCH better with the wheel covers ON. Even with that, despite the extra $4500, I'm glad I finally decided to
upgrade to the Arachnids, which make the car look 10k better. Still blows me away that a 130k+ car comes with "hubcaps".
Thanks, Bro for that pic! Those rims (ex hubcaps) look good enuf for me. Esp. with the $4500 savings wh I'll promptly be spending on PPF and tints anyway.
FYI: My SA says they can do the 21" afterwards so as to not mess with your config, pricing and EDD (assuming you have one).

A little detail I just noticed. The door trim behind the wood in my LR is matte black. In the Plaid, it's gloss. In every other Plaid I've seen on YouTube, it's matte. What's going on here? 🤔

IMG_8322.jpeg

IMG_8325.jpeg

A little detail I just noticed. The door trim behind the wood in my LR is matte black. In the Plaid, it's gloss. In every other Plaid I've seen on YouTube, it's matte. What's going on here? 🤔

View attachment 698717

View attachment 698718
Probably beautiful Tesla inconsistencies lol. I've noticed the exact same thing. A Plaid I sat in had the gloss black trim, and that one seems to be the predominant one, but I've seen many videos where it is matte also.

• Informative
Reactions: impastu and Tex EV

View attachment 698717

View attachment 698718

Mine is at SC getting tweaked but I pretty sure it is matte in my LR. Remind me to check tomorrow when I receive it back.

@bananaheim Yes, I was "short" those same parts. So..... I asked the service tech to rob the bastard car that was sitting in the lot for weeks on hold. Yep, that's what he did too! Delivered with 100% of the parts! ha ha ha!
@jebinc, It's lucky that you are in Seattle or I would be stopping by your house to reclaim my parts! We did, after all, get our cars on the same day.

Was at the SC today and they had a MSM with 19" waiting delivery. First time seeing them in person. My personal thoughts morphed a bit:
1) The 19" size did not look so out of place on it as I thought it would from the pics.
2) The hubcaps are twice as ugly as I thought they would be (again personal preference).

Will be very interested in seeing the base wheel under the caps. The pics look good. Has anyone found a center cap to match the base wheel underneath?