Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve got 16 years on you and I’m finally getting accustomed to it after about 400 miles of mostly in town driving. For me the turn signals and horn are the biggest issues.
The horn I can deal with, but the turn signals require me to think. I miss hitting the stalk up and down as well. Also, in my mind, they are backwards and should be switched.

But don’t misunderstand me, overall I ❤️ my new car. It makes me happy.

Last edited:
@lolachampcar 's testing seems to indicate that unfortunately, the MS Plaid doesn't get anywhere near 348 mi. max battery range. I would be interested to hear from others with MS Plaids & LR's to ask what kind of max battery range they're getting with a good mix of highway/city & some "spirited" driving?

My efficiency for approx 7500 miles is 275w/mi. A lot of mountain driving and rain - some spirited (but it is a mere LR so how spirited can I get, eh?). Really have not paid much attention.

ETA: First EV and part of dealing with any range anxiety is to just ignore the issue...

Last edited:
This my friends is so much better than a plastic hubcap that’s adds a few miles of range.
The plastic hubcaps are not great, but without them, these wheels look like a car from the 70's where the hubcap fell off.

Was at the SC today and they had a MSM with 19" waiting delivery. First time seeing them in person. My personal thoughts morphed a bit:
1) The 19" size did not look so out of place on it as I thought it would from the pics.
2) The hubcaps are twice as ugly as I thought they would be (again personal preference).

Will be very interested in seeing the base wheel under the caps. The pics look good. Has anyone found a center cap to match the base wheel underneath?
I really would love to see one of these in person. I may have some free time tomorrow to drive over to my local delivery center to see what they have going on there. I have not heard anything about aftermarket covers yet, which is not surprising since we've only had a few people here that have received their cars, and that was only in the past week.

I have not heard anything about aftermarket covers yet, which is not surprising since we've only had a few people here that have received their cars, and that was only in the past week.
I think the same company that makes the Model 3 aftermarket covers will likely introduce something. And I think in their analysis, their cover was just as efficient as Tesla's.

I am going to go ahead and offer you a few periods. Here you go.......

PS can you try and sell it private? Or CarMax, Carvana, etc.? Not sure about Florida, but you could lose the sales tax advantage on your purchased Tesla. But maybe selling it to one of those makes up for that difference?
Mine dropped 25% in one mo the
it’s a 2007 LS460L. I’ve read used cars are dropping

My SA says they can do the 21" afterwards so as to not mess with your config, pricing and EDD (assuming you have one).
Darn, now I have to ask my SA. If this is true, there goes 30-40 miles of range and $4500 (unless they charge more than that because the $4500 was supposed to be the difference between the cost of the 19" (which I will have received) and the 21").

The plastic hubcaps are not great, but without them, these wheels look like a car from the 70's where the hubcap fell off.

I really would love to see one of these in person. I may have some free time tomorrow to drive over to my local delivery center to see what they have going on there. I have not heard anything about aftermarket covers yet, which is not surprising since we've only had a few people here that have received their cars, and that was only in the past week.
Like many others in cold climates, I chose the 19” due to (possibly over concern with) potholes. As part of my customization, I have planned to remove the caps and powder coat the wheels. Any thoughts on whether this could improve the look or am I wasting my money? I realize it’s personal preference but any insights from those with experience? Thanks.

The horn I can deal with, but the turn signals require me to think. I miss hitting the stalk up and down as well. Also, in my mind, they are backwards and should be switched.

But don’t misunderstand me, overall I ❤️ my new car. It makes me happy.
It's funny because while driving my mother's car the other day I went to look down at the steering wheel to hit the turn signal button (but it wasn't there) :D

It's funny because while driving my mother's car the other day I went to look down at the steering wheel to hit the turn signal button (but it wasn't there) :D
Going from my old S to my wife's Honda Pilot, I typically turned the windshield wipers on every time before actually putting her Pilot in gear. Took some muscle memory to fix that. Sure she will appreciate me swiping my finger all over her infotainment screen trying to change gears.

Last edited:
Was at the SC today and they had a MSM with 19" waiting delivery. First time seeing them in person. My personal thoughts morphed a bit:
1) The 19" size did not look so out of place on it as I thought it would from the pics.
2) The hubcaps are twice as ugly as I thought they would be (again personal preference).

Will be very interested in seeing the base wheel under the caps. The pics look good. Has anyone found a center cap to match the base wheel underneath?
Here’s some more 19” shots, with center wheel caps from a Tesla M3 wheel cap kit I never used. BYOB (Butter)!
The question is, go with or without Aeros? Was thinking about only using the Aeros on road trips at speed. Thoughts? Comments?

15074E1F-45EB-49C8-B278-D44A29809F82.jpeg
FEDDD147-89FC-4D2A-9611-7C0E9052222E.jpeg

Attachments

• 7E1BC8DD-11BF-4903-8718-11461C823A47.jpeg
    7E1BC8DD-11BF-4903-8718-11461C823A47.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
  • A21D4B3C-0A1D-4414-BFF4-6A478074D8C0.jpeg
    A21D4B3C-0A1D-4414-BFF4-6A478074D8C0.jpeg
    692.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 474710C9-3998-4FC8-963B-7499AC3528A1.jpeg
    474710C9-3998-4FC8-963B-7499AC3528A1.jpeg
    767.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 72B03E7B-AF2D-4652-907C-12936EEF5EB9.jpeg
    72B03E7B-AF2D-4652-907C-12936EEF5EB9.jpeg
    534 KB · Views: 51
  • 7DE931E3-ED3C-49A0-A6AC-8408B987FCD5.jpeg
    7DE931E3-ED3C-49A0-A6AC-8408B987FCD5.jpeg
    340.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 1B05565D-91B4-43CA-9CC8-CB9D0E3FA436.jpeg
    1B05565D-91B4-43CA-9CC8-CB9D0E3FA436.jpeg
    796.7 KB · Views: 61
Like many others in cold climates, I chose the 19” due to (possibly over concern with) potholes. As part of my customization, I have planned to remove the caps and powder coat the wheels. Any thoughts on whether this could improve the look or am I wasting my money? I realize it’s personal preference but any insights from those with experience? Thanks.
I'm gonna start with a kit from DYC Wheel Kits (Gonna try the Burnt Copper), and see how I like it. If I do, maybe I'll commit to powder coat.

Here’s some more 19” shots, with center wheel caps from a Tesla M3 wheel cap kit I never used. BYOB (Butter)!
The question is, go with or without Aeros? Was thinking about only using the Aeros on road trips at speed. Thoughts? Comments?

View attachment 698754View attachment 698757
I would probably do just that, and leave them off until you do road trips at high speed. Looking great!😁

I will probably stagger my aero caps - one on in the front drivers side, one on in the rear passenger side. True hubcap life.

Your mother's car is so 2020...

I do leave my wife's Jeep running sometimes when I get out.
Ironically enough it's a 2021 X1 lmao, honestly after playing with her infotainment, I lost a lot of respect for BMW. It's running some 2018 firmware with 2018 maps and no update available from BMW.

Oddly enough I'm feeling the beefy tire look on the 19s. The rims aren't bad at all, hub caps are definitely crappy looking though.

Yes, there is something about it I do like. The caps match close enough. I want to take off the large center caps on my 21's but cannot find the small "T" center caps to match.

A definite no to the hubcaps - damn the mileage.

How are the tires? Would be great if they were A/S.